Korean BBQ Lover

Share your favourite eating haunts!
Post Reply
lisa A
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 1:45 pm

Korean BBQ Lover

Post by lisa A » Mon, 18 Jan 2021 10:35 am

Had a wonderful night at this korean BBQ grill house at Clark Quay: Hanjip Korean Grill House. Went with my family lastnite . We ordered chicken wings for my kids. And they asking for another basket lol......who can resist korean fried chicken! We ordered their pork and beef platters, steamegg, seafood pancake and army stew. Of cos not forgetting the korean Soju to spice up the nite. The service is excellent , they BBQ for us and check with us how we want the beef to be cooked. They grilled the beef n pork to perfection. Tender n juciy!
My hubby n i had their bbq meats and Army Stew with cheese. Very authenic and delicious. Overall this is a nice place for some korean BBQ and soju/beer with family or friends for gathering.

User avatar
abbby
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1302
Joined: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 3:00 am
Answers: 1
Location: Tiny Island

Re: Korean BBQ Lover

Post by abbby » Mon, 18 Jan 2021 1:45 pm

How much was it?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Lisafuller
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm

Re: Korean BBQ Lover

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 08 Mar 2021 10:55 am

Wang Dae Bak Korean BBQ is also supposed to be one of the best in Singapore. The highlight is not just the food, but also the service. If you drink too much, they will hire you a car. If your phone runs out of battery, they have a bunch of chargers for you to borrow. If the smoke gets in your clothes, they have a special deodorizing spray you can use. Basically, they are the Haidilao of KBBQ.

User avatar
malcontent
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 492
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: Korean BBQ Lover

Post by malcontent » Mon, 08 Mar 2021 5:27 pm

I’ve been to ‘The Gogi’ at Alexander Central Mall several times - definitely the most authentic Korean I’ve ever had outside of Korea. It’s a small Korean owned place and they don’t skimp on the details. The higher quality beef cuts are delectable and the price is not crazy high. They give a lot of free side dishes with free refills, as is the custom. The free cold barley tea is also refreshing. The place tends to be filled with younger, more adventurous locals who want to experience Korea without flying there. Suggest getting there early to avoid the crowd (and the smoke).

Lisafuller
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm

Re: Korean BBQ Lover

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 09 Mar 2021 2:08 pm

malcontent wrote:
Mon, 08 Mar 2021 5:27 pm
I’ve been to ‘The Gogi’ at Alexander Central Mall several times - definitely the most authentic Korean I’ve ever had outside of Korea. It’s a small Korean owned place and they don’t skimp on the details. The higher quality beef cuts are delectable and the price is not crazy high. They give a lot of free side dishes with free refills, as is the custom. The free cold barley tea is also refreshing. The place tends to be filled with younger, more adventurous locals who want to experience Korea without flying there. Suggest getting there early to avoid the crowd (and the smoke).
I’m assuming they sell hot, non-barbecued food as well, any recommendations? I’ll be in the area in a couple days so I might give it a try if time permits.

User avatar
malcontent
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 492
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: Korean BBQ Lover

Post by malcontent » Tue, 09 Mar 2021 2:39 pm

The Gogi is really specialized in “at the table” self-BBQ... I haven’t really tried anything else there.

For non-BBQ Korean, I’m also looking for a good one since Koryo at Fusionopolis closed several years ago, that one was cheap & good.

Lisafuller
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm

Re: Korean BBQ Lover

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 11 Mar 2021 11:58 am

malcontent wrote:
Tue, 09 Mar 2021 2:39 pm
The Gogi is really specialized in “at the table” self-BBQ... I haven’t really tried anything else there.

For non-BBQ Korean, I’m also looking for a good one since Koryo at Fusionopolis closed several years ago, that one was cheap & good.
I see, I’ll give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation!

User avatar
abbby
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1302
Joined: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 3:00 am
Answers: 1
Location: Tiny Island

Re: Korean BBQ Lover

Post by abbby » Thu, 11 Mar 2021 1:22 pm

malcontent wrote:
Tue, 09 Mar 2021 2:39 pm
The Gogi is really specialized in “at the table” self-BBQ... I haven’t really tried anything else there.

For non-BBQ Korean, I’m also looking for a good one since Koryo at Fusionopolis closed several years ago, that one was cheap & good.
Definitely would be giving this a try..looking for a nice authentic korean bbq with great sides.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Lisafuller
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm

Re: Korean BBQ Lover

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 13 Mar 2021 10:02 pm

abbby wrote:
Thu, 11 Mar 2021 1:22 pm
malcontent wrote:
Tue, 09 Mar 2021 2:39 pm
The Gogi is really specialized in “at the table” self-BBQ... I haven’t really tried anything else there.

For non-BBQ Korean, I’m also looking for a good one since Koryo at Fusionopolis closed several years ago, that one was cheap & good.
Definitely would be giving this a try..looking for a nice authentic korean bbq with great sides.
The place that I frequent is called Myung Ga 3 at beauty world center. Everything is fresh, the meat is tender and well marinated, and they have a huge variety of free flow korean sides. They also sell hot food, my favorite is the Jjajangmyeon (black bean sauce on noodles). They require at least 2 diners for barbecue, but this shouldn’t be a problem since most people eat barbecue with a couple of friends.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Wine & Dine”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests