Singapore Expats

Korean BBQ Lover

Share your favourite eating haunts!
lisa A

Korean BBQ Lover

Post by lisa A » Mon, 18 Jan 2021 10:35 am

Had a wonderful night at this korean BBQ grill house at Clark Quay: Hanjip Korean Grill House. Went with my family lastnite . We ordered chicken wings for my kids. And they asking for another basket lol......who can resist korean fried chicken! We ordered their pork and beef platters, steamegg, seafood pancake and army stew. Of cos not forgetting the korean Soju to spice up the nite. The service is excellent , they BBQ for us and check with us how we want the beef to be cooked. They grilled the beef n pork to perfection. Tender n juciy!
My hubby n i had their bbq meats and Army Stew with cheese. Very authenic and delicious. Overall this is a nice place for some korean BBQ and soju/beer with family or friends for gathering.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Korean BBQ Lover

Post by abbby » Mon, 18 Jan 2021 1:45 pm

How much was it?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 08 Mar 2021 10:55 am

Wang Dae Bak Korean BBQ is also supposed to be one of the best in Singapore. The highlight is not just the food, but also the service. If you drink too much, they will hire you a car. If your phone runs out of battery, they have a bunch of chargers for you to borrow. If the smoke gets in your clothes, they have a special deodorizing spray you can use. Basically, they are the Haidilao of KBBQ.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Mon, 08 Mar 2021 5:27 pm

I’ve been to ‘The Gogi’ at Alexander Central Mall several times - definitely the most authentic Korean I’ve ever had outside of Korea. It’s a small Korean owned place and they don’t skimp on the details. The higher quality beef cuts are delectable and the price is not crazy high. They give a lot of free side dishes with free refills, as is the custom. The free cold barley tea is also refreshing. The place tends to be filled with younger, more adventurous locals who want to experience Korea without flying there. Suggest getting there early to avoid the crowd (and the smoke).
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 09 Mar 2021 2:08 pm

malcontent wrote:
Mon, 08 Mar 2021 5:27 pm
I’ve been to ‘The Gogi’ at Alexander Central Mall several times - definitely the most authentic Korean I’ve ever had outside of Korea. It’s a small Korean owned place and they don’t skimp on the details. The higher quality beef cuts are delectable and the price is not crazy high. They give a lot of free side dishes with free refills, as is the custom. The free cold barley tea is also refreshing. The place tends to be filled with younger, more adventurous locals who want to experience Korea without flying there. Suggest getting there early to avoid the crowd (and the smoke).
I’m assuming they sell hot, non-barbecued food as well, any recommendations? I’ll be in the area in a couple days so I might give it a try if time permits.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Tue, 09 Mar 2021 2:39 pm

The Gogi is really specialized in “at the table” self-BBQ... I haven’t really tried anything else there.

For non-BBQ Korean, I’m also looking for a good one since Koryo at Fusionopolis closed several years ago, that one was cheap & good.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 11 Mar 2021 11:58 am

malcontent wrote:
Tue, 09 Mar 2021 2:39 pm
The Gogi is really specialized in “at the table” self-BBQ... I haven’t really tried anything else there.

For non-BBQ Korean, I’m also looking for a good one since Koryo at Fusionopolis closed several years ago, that one was cheap & good.
I see, I’ll give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation!

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Thu, 11 Mar 2021 1:22 pm

malcontent wrote:

Definitely would be giving this a try..looking for a nice authentic korean bbq with great sides.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 13 Mar 2021 10:02 pm

abbby wrote:
Thu, 11 Mar 2021 1:22 pm
malcontent wrote:

Definitely would be giving this a try..looking for a nice authentic korean bbq with great sides.
The place that I frequent is called Myung Ga 3 at beauty world center. Everything is fresh, the meat is tender and well marinated, and they have a huge variety of free flow korean sides. They also sell hot food, my favorite is the Jjajangmyeon (black bean sauce on noodles). They require at least 2 diners for barbecue, but this shouldn’t be a problem since most people eat barbecue with a couple of friends.

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Sat, 28 Aug 2021 1:45 pm

I used to love the place in East coast park old bowling alley, but they bulldozed it down some years ago. Now I go to the Yun Ga in katong V mall, I think it is by same guys that used to run the ecp one. The beef cuts are great and good kimchi sides selection free flow. And best part is that as there's no wine it's only 2$ corkage charge per bottle, and downstairs fair price finest has a great wine selection.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 29 Aug 2021 10:59 pm

ProvenPracticalFlexible wrote:
Sat, 28 Aug 2021 1:45 pm
I used to love the place in East coast park old bowling alley, but they bulldozed it down some years ago. Now I go to the Yun Ga in katong V mall, I think it is by same guys that used to run the ecp one. The beef cuts are great and good kimchi sides selection free flow. And best part is that as there's no wine it's only 2$ corkage charge per bottle, and downstairs fair price finest has a great wine selection.
Any other hot foods? As much as I like barbecue I’m usually more excited by the mains.

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Mon, 30 Aug 2021 10:59 am

yes, they have a long menu, and do deliveries too. I go there for the BBQ, thus not that much experience ordering other meals.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 30 Aug 2021 11:59 pm

ProvenPracticalFlexible wrote:
Mon, 30 Aug 2021 10:59 am
yes, they have a long menu, and do deliveries too. I go there for the BBQ, thus not that much experience ordering other meals.
Sounds good. I’ll look up their menu online, might order delivery instead of going down in person. Thanks!

SingaporeEat

Post by SingaporeEat » Sat, 09 Oct 2021 7:09 am

I went to Go Gi Jip recently. It is really awesome. Must try the raw crabs if you are fine with using your fingers.

YYCole
Regular
Regular

Post by YYCole » Sat, 15 Oct 2022 6:02 pm

I usually go to 8 Korean BBQ. Not the most traditional, but the variety flavors of the pork served is nice. Also tableside service by the staff is a good touch to the whole dining experience