Singapore Expats

EP Processing Time in Dec 2020/ Jan 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
whitesneakers

Re: EP Processing Time in Dec 2020/ Jan 2021

Post by whitesneakers » Tue, 23 Feb 2021 12:57 am

SandeepRajBetanapalli wrote:
Sat, 20 Feb 2021 5:19 pm
My new EP filed on 10-02-2021 and approved on 20-02-2021. I am currently working in singapore from Jan-2020.
Congrats! Mind sharing your profile, industry, salary
Stay happy, stay positive. Trust in God's timing. :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Feb 2021 2:30 pm

:roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

SingaporeEP

Post by SingaporeEP » Wed, 24 Feb 2021 7:54 pm

Hi All,

6 years exp, BFSI, first time EP application.

Employer told me applied EP in January last week, but dint share the FIN number. I tried checking from passport number but no record found. Stayed patient, as mentioned by several posts in forum.

I followed up with employer on February 15 and they mentioned that my background verification was just completed today, and thought EP application was in pipeline (whatever that means) they will apply today.

On 16th I could see the pending status on EP ONLINE, bdw you can check using your own passport number under requestors FIN and then own passport details on foreigners travel document.

The status chaged to Approved on February 23rd, so total processing time of 7 calander days :-)

Just a last question on this thread; the status says Employment Pass approved, it would be EP and not an SP right? I know my employer has applied for EP only and the salary is 9-10k+, so hoping that it's a EP and not SP that got approved. How will I get to know till employer mails me.

And if anyone can help with estimated timelines on next steps i.e. IPA issuance and DP application to approval?

nkhant
Answers: 1

Post by nkhant » Thu, 25 Feb 2021 8:10 am

SingaporeEP wrote:
Wed, 24 Feb 2021 7:54 pm
Hi All,

Employer told me applied EP in January last week, but dint share the FIN number. I tried checking from passport number but no record found. Stayed patient, as mentioned by several posts in forum.

I followed up with employer on February 15 and they mentioned that my background verification was just completed today, and thought EP application was in pipeline (whatever that means) they will apply today.

On 16th I could see the pending status on EP ONLINE, bdw you can check using your own passport number under requestors FIN and then own passport details on foreigners travel document.

The status chaged to Approved on February 23rd, so total processing time of 7 calander days :-)

Just a last question on this thread; the status says Employment Pass approved, it would be EP and not an SP right? I know my employer has applied for EP only and the salary is 9-10k+, so hoping that it's a EP and not SP that got approved. How will I get to know till employer mails me.

And if anyone can help with estimated timelines on next steps i.e. IPA issuance and DP application to approval?
Since your EP is approved, the employer can download the IPA now, and can proceed with DP application, if not done yet. Before Covid-19, DP application took about 2 weeks.

honeywj

Post by honeywj » Wed, 03 Mar 2021 12:51 am

SingaporeEP wrote:
Wed, 24 Feb 2021 7:54 pm
Hi All,

I had no idea you could check your own status using your passport number! Thanks! Now I won't be bugging HR as much!

serafeine

Post by serafeine » Tue, 06 Apr 2021 3:38 pm

Can you share more regarding how you got a job in Singapore from India?
SingaporeEP wrote:
Mon, 18 Jan 2021 11:38 pm
Hi,

I'm outside Singapore (India) and prospective employer is applying for EP. I expect a wait time of 8-12 weeks.

If approved, I understand the IPA is valid for 6 months and I will have to seek entry approval during this time. Post IPA I will resign and serve my 2 month notice period with Current employer while seeking entry permit

My question is

1) What if entry approval takes more than 2 months after IPA, will I be jobless during the transition from IPA to Entry Approval? Will my employer be able to onboard me remotely once I have IPA and not Able to secure entry approval, has anyone seen remote onboarding due to covid-19?

Since entry approval are difficult currently, am I supposed to sit jobless between the IPA grant and entry approval to Singapore?

What am I missing here, if some expert can please point out as I'm having a call with HR next week and want to be clear on all options.