Singapore Expats

PR rejected 2nd time, Indian

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Re: PR rejected 2nd time, Indian

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 15 Jan 2021 5:20 pm

My Indian colleague in office has suddenly started volunteering at a Local CC. He already finished some 300hrs of volunteering. I know some other Indians in my circle who also did volunteering and got their PR recently.

I wonder can't ICA see that these people are gaming the system? Or they know that they are gaming the system but looking at how desperate they are and how hard they are trying, they are being given PR out of sympathy?

Sent from my Redmi 10X using Tapatalk

DreamDream

Post by DreamDream » Fri, 15 Jan 2021 5:20 pm

simple_guy wrote:At first look of above post for a second, I thought who got PR in 17th Attempt :o ! Later realized :)
Time will change either the mind set of applied or officer at one point, need to wait for ice to break. One cent, don’t complain and learn to live with it. See what happens after a while...officer will definitely will rethink

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Fri, 15 Jan 2021 5:48 pm

Wd40 wrote:
Fri, 15 Jan 2021 5:20 pm
My Indian colleague in office has suddenly started volunteering at a Local CC. He already finished some 300hrs of volunteering. I know some other Indians in my circle who also did volunteering and got their PR recently.

I wonder can't ICA see that these people are gaming the system? Or they know that they are gaming the system but looking at how desperate they are and how hard they are trying, they are being given PR out of sympathy?

Or they tick other boxes. Or, like SMS mentioned, they were lucky to have applied at the right time (which of course no one among the public can predict since the approvals are privy only to the ICA officials).

the observer
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by the observer » Fri, 15 Jan 2021 6:53 pm

smoulder wrote:
Fri, 15 Jan 2021 5:48 pm
Wd40 wrote:
Fri, 15 Jan 2021 5:20 pm

Or they tick other boxes. Or, like SMS mentioned, they were lucky to have applied at the right time (which of course no one among the public can predict since the approvals are privy only to the ICA officials).
Given the limited slots to dish out, would you think they’d rather take in a highly paid banker who lives and plays in their own ethnic enclave, or a regular joe who has put in hours winning social acceptance.
(Speaking of, there are very few bankers past the age of 50s, especially within the front office).

Though once it has come to a point where every bloke who wants PR goes through the entire CC mill, there will be a new set of dilemmas for ICA.