Singapore Expats Forum

PR Application for Stepson (12 yrs in SG)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 1:46 am

PR Application for Stepson (12 yrs in SG)

Post by captpotato » Mon, 11 Jan 2021 2:05 am

Hello I would like to raise a question about PR Application Rate on how to improve my portfolio.

Little background about me:
1. I am an Indonesian, 22 years old male.
2. Been staying as a Foreign Student in Singapore for the past 10 years +
3. Passed 2 national exams, PSLE and O level. Highest qualification right now is Diploma from Temasek Polytechnic.
4. Currently pursuing a Degree in NTU.
5. My stepfather is pure Singaporean together with the rest of my other siblings.
6. My mother is pure Indonesian (holding LTVP+) who got legally married to my stepfather both in Singapore and Indonesia. (Apparently, They have to get married in both countries)
7. Been working Part Time job ever since Sec 3 (right now i am in my second year in university)\
8. My mother got legally married to my stepfather when she was having me and gave birth to me in Indonesia.

Current situation:

1. Been trying to apply PR for the past 6 years. Results were always rejected.
2. Really scared to be separated from my whole family if I have to go back to Indonesia alone as my whole family is literally in Singapore.

1. Should I improve my portfolio for my next PR Application (Planning to re-apply in the month of December) But how?
2. Should I graduate first, get an E-Pass(required to serve a tuition grant bond of 3 years) then apply PR in the middle of serving a tuition grant bond.

I really dont know what to do? I am confused at myself at times. How I wished I could turn back times?
please help me guys

User avatar
Posts: 7880
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: PR Application for Stepson (12 yrs in SG)

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 11 Jan 2021 9:01 am

If you can get an E-Pass (and obviously a job) do so, then apply PR once you have some tax assessment in hand. The gahmen is trying to avoid letting in dependents who may become a burden. Prove them wrong.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests