Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Enthu1234
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 2:48 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Enthu1234 » Mon, 28 Mar 2022 5:41 pm

Thanks for the assessment.

May we know the areas of improvement?

smoulder
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by smoulder » Mon, 28 Mar 2022 6:34 pm

Enthu1234 wrote:
Mon, 28 Mar 2022 5:41 pm
Thanks for the assessment.

May we know the areas of improvement?
Both things you can do to improve your chances in Singapore are out of your control.

1. Change race
2. Change spouse to a local, preferably of the favored race.

If I were you, I'd be working on plan B which would be another country.

korosensei
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 10:46 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by korosensei » Tue, 29 Mar 2022 5:34 am

smoulder wrote:
Mon, 28 Mar 2022 6:34 pm
Enthu1234 wrote:
Mon, 28 Mar 2022 5:41 pm
Thanks for the assessment.

May we know the areas of improvement?
Both things you can do to improve your chances in Singapore are out of your control.

1. Change race
2. Change spouse to a local, preferably of the favored race.

If I were you, I'd be working on plan B which would be another country.
I concur with this. Ive been following this thread for quite few years now. And race and nationality is a big factor in getting PR here unlike other countries such as Australia, NZ and Canada which got point system.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40461
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 29 Mar 2022 3:31 pm

Having said that, the government here is upfront about race being a major factor in the immigration policy. As far as they can sustain it, they have outright said, that immigration will be used to maintain the current racial demographics in Singapore and those percentages have been published for 20 years at least. Fair? No. But it's their country and if you want to stay here you know what you are up against before you apply.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

smoulder
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by smoulder » Wed, 30 Mar 2022 9:49 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 29 Mar 2022 3:31 pm
Having said that, the government here is upfront about race being a major factor in the immigration policy. As far as they can sustain it, they have outright said, that immigration will be used to maintain the current racial demographics in Singapore and those percentages have been published for 20 years at least. Fair? No. But it's their country and if you want to stay here you know what you are up against before you apply.
And therefore the suggestion to not put all eggs in this basket. It has to be both ways. If there is a high chance of not being approved because of the said policy, then potential applicants should also keep their options open and not waste precious time chasing after something that is nearly impossible to get.
Last edited by smoulder on Thu, 31 Mar 2022 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40461
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Mar 2022 11:07 pm

^^^^ THIS! :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 31 Mar 2022 6:31 pm

smoulder wrote:
Wed, 30 Mar 2022 9:49 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 29 Mar 2022 3:31 pm
Having said that, the government here is upfront about race being a major factor in the immigration policy. As far as they can sustain it, they have outright said, that immigration will be used to maintain the current racial demographics in Singapore and those percentages have been published for 20 years at least. Fair? No. But it's their country and if you want to stay here you know what you are up against before you apply.
And therefore the suggestion to not put all eggs in this basket. It has to be both ways. If there is a high chance of not being approved because of the said policy, then potential applicants should also keep their options open and not waste precious time chasing after something that is nearly impossible to get.
Very well put, it’s an unfortunate fact for some, but it is what it is.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 31 Mar 2022 6:32 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 29 Mar 2022 3:31 pm
Having said that, the government here is upfront about race being a major factor in the immigration policy. As far as they can sustain it, they have outright said, that immigration will be used to maintain the current racial demographics in Singapore and those percentages have been published for 20 years at least. Fair? No. But it's their country and if you want to stay here you know what you are up against before you apply.
Not fair but it has worked for ages and we’ve all kept the peace so I guess it will continue.

User avatar
malcontent
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2688
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Answers: 8
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by malcontent » Fri, 01 Apr 2022 12:16 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 31 Mar 2022 6:32 pm
Not fair but it has worked for ages and we’ve all kept the peace so I guess it will continue.
However, with the high number of Singaporean marriages to non-Singaporeans (many of which are non-CMI races), I think the traditional mindset around race will have to evolve. I think they may have added the double-barreled race for this reason. In a few generations you might even see the majority here are mixed race. I should think it a good thing.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40461
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Apr 2022 1:41 am

malcontent wrote:
Fri, 01 Apr 2022 12:16 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 31 Mar 2022 6:32 pm
Not fair but it has worked for ages and we’ve all kept the peace so I guess it will continue.
However, with the high number of Singaporean marriages to non-Singaporeans (many of which are non-CMI races), I think the traditional mindset around race will have to evolve. I think they may have added the double-barreled race for this reason. In a few generations you might even see the majority here are mixed race. I should think it a good thing.
And you can bet LKY is turning over (more like spinning) in his grave. He was always against blending of the races. It wasn't until he could see his vision wasn't going to sustain itself as more and more were marrying outside of their race, that he accepted it was inevitable. Here's another of my anecdotal stories from my long history here. As most here know, I used to be a parttime actor with SBC/TCS/MediaCorp for 18 years from 1988 to 2006. I started the same year that the queen of Caldecott Hill started after she won Talentine that year. In fact the first series I acting in was with her. I subsequently acted with almost all the the best known local TV personalities. Anyway, In one series I did, I was a US businessman who was marrying a local Chinese girl. (this was early days when it was still SBC and under a Statutory Board. Everything had to be vetted by the Stat Board for content to ensure it only promoted what the government/PM wanted. In the original script we were to be married here in Singapore (but it was changed due to the PM's aversion to mixed marriages and the dilution of the Chinese Race) So they allowed the marriage as it was instrumental to the storyline, but instead of marrying in Singapore, the marriage took place on my series farm in the US. And we're living in the US but only visiting Singapore - she was still Singaporean but no longer was 'living' here so therefore the country/PM could care less about it. This is a true recounting and not a fabrication.

There was another series where I was shot and killed by Zoe Tay (she was a cop in a police drama. The series was originally set in Singapore, but the Stat Board made them change the name of the city to a different name because of the violence in the series, the Stat Board was afraid it might give regional viewers the wrong impression and then they might not come to visit and spend their money here. :lol: :lol: :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
malcontent
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2688
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Answers: 8
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by malcontent » Fri, 01 Apr 2022 1:26 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 01 Apr 2022 1:41 am
malcontent wrote:
Fri, 01 Apr 2022 12:16 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 31 Mar 2022 6:32 pm
Not fair but it has worked for ages and we’ve all kept the peace so I guess it will continue.
However, with the high number of Singaporean marriages to non-Singaporeans (many of which are non-CMI races), I think the traditional mindset around race will have to evolve. I think they may have added the double-barreled race for this reason. In a few generations you might even see the majority here are mixed race. I should think it a good thing.
And you can bet LKY is turning over (more like spinning) in his grave. He was always against blending of the races. It wasn't until he could see his vision wasn't going to sustain itself as more and more were marrying outside of their race, that he accepted it was inevitable. Here's another of my anecdotal stories from my long history here. As most here know, I used to be a parttime actor with SBC/TCS/MediaCorp for 18 years from 1988 to 2006. I started the same year that the queen of Caldecott Hill started after she won Talentine that year. In fact the first series I acting in was with her. I subsequently acted with almost all the the best known local TV personalities. Anyway, In one series I did, I was a US businessman who was marrying a local Chinese girl. (this was early days when it was still SBC and under a Statutory Board. Everything had to be vetted by the Stat Board for content to ensure it only promoted what the government/PM wanted. In the original script we were to be married here in Singapore (but it was changed due to the PM's aversion to mixed marriages and the dilution of the Chinese Race) So they allowed the marriage as it was instrumental to the storyline, but instead of marrying in Singapore, the marriage took place on my series farm in the US. And we're living in the US but only visiting Singapore - she was still Singaporean but no longer was 'living' here so therefore the country/PM could care less about it. This is a true recounting and not a fabrication.

There was another series where I was shot and killed by Zoe Tay (she was a cop in a police drama. The series was originally set in Singapore, but the Stat Board made them change the name of the city to a different name because of the violence in the series, the Stat Board was afraid it might give regional viewers the wrong impression and then they might not come to visit and spend their money here. :lol: :lol: :cool:
I would say much of that mindset persists to today.

I was happy that at my daughter’s secondary school, despite being a SAP school (99.9% Chinese race students), she was able to fit in and felt like she belonged, despite being in the 0.1%. Although some had doubts whether she could cope with higher level of Chinese… she scored an A in the end.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

bagush
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun, 03 Apr 2022 9:53 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by bagush » Sun, 03 Apr 2022 10:33 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a noobee to this forum and went through some of the posts.
Here is the story of my SG life.Seeking your advice to make strong application on first attempt given that ethnicity quota is not on my side. Planning to apply this year

Myself:
37 , Indian , Male, EP in SG
Education : Bachelors Engineering
Job : Software Engineer , AI/ML/Digitalization
Length of stay : 6+ years
Salary :~180 pa base + bonus in banking ( have gradually worked up starting from 70k pa since my first job in SG. currently my 3rd EP)
previously worked in AI projects for reputable non banking local companies before to turbo charge their digitalisation journey

Wife:
32 , Indian , Female,DP
Education : Masters
Job : Marketing
Length of stay : 6+ years
Salary : ~36k pa

Child :
Daughter 3 years old

Other info : regular participation in GRC events for local integration and some contributions . I can get letter from my community GRC head
regular monitory donations(IRAS recognised) to support local needy communities for past 3 years
wife's participation in some local events in SG
good investments in retirement accounts, govt bonds in SG + health insurance policies for family + child education plan policies/ endowment plans to be able to easily fund in future

any advice to better my chances would be really helpful

Thanks

therat
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1014
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 2:23 pm
Answers: 2

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by therat » Mon, 04 Apr 2022 9:09 am

bagush wrote:
Sun, 03 Apr 2022 10:33 pm
Hello everyone,

I am a noobee to this forum and went through some of the posts.
Here is the story of my SG life.Seeking your advice to make strong application on first attempt given that ethnicity quota is not on my side. Planning to apply this year

Myself:
37 , Indian , Male, EP in SG
Education : Bachelors Engineering
Job : Software Engineer , AI/ML/Digitalization
Length of stay : 6+ years
Salary :~180 pa base + bonus in banking ( have gradually worked up starting from 70k pa since my first job in SG. currently my 3rd EP)
previously worked in AI projects for reputable non banking local companies before to turbo charge their digitalisation journey

Wife:
32 , Indian , Female,DP
Education : Masters
Job : Marketing
Length of stay : 6+ years
Salary : ~36k pa

Child :
Daughter 3 years old

Other info : regular participation in GRC events for local integration and some contributions . I can get letter from my community GRC head
regular monitory donations(IRAS recognised) to support local needy communities for past 3 years
wife's participation in some local events in SG
good investments in retirement accounts, govt bonds in SG + health insurance policies for family + child education plan policies/ endowment plans to be able to easily fund in future

any advice to better my chances would be really helpful

Thanks
Participation in GRC - No add point. As it has been heavily abuse by those who-want-to-get-PR.
Donation - No add point. If you want to use that to add point to your application. Donation is come from your willing to help other; not how it will help to get-PR
Investment - that's your own money and investment. No add point.
Health insurance - That's for your own family. No add point

guid
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 3:19 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by guid » Mon, 04 Apr 2022 9:51 am

Hello HODL,

You cannot apply in the MyICA E-Services dashboard (https://eservices.ica.gov.sg/dashboard) or here
(Home => Reside, Study and Work in Singapore => Becoming a Permanent Resident =>Apply Online)?
HODL wrote:
Sat, 12 Mar 2022 8:59 am
HODL wrote:
Mon, 28 Feb 2022 7:15 pm
HODL wrote:
Thu, 01 Jul 2021 7:56 pm
anxiously waiting for result.

Me:
Age: 27
Sex: M
Race: Chinese
Citizenship: Msian
Stay in SG: 15 years
Education: Bachelor (kindergarten to diploma in sg)
Field of work: Engineer
Salary: 36k
Company: MNC
Pass: EP
upload button disappeared. couldn't apply new application. lets see :D
Add on new data point.
Pr approved! Worked 8months and started applying pr. As expected to be approved this couple days. I can now declare the "medishield life and careshield life health declaration" and moved on to 2nd page showing the ica ref number (u will need this ref number to book appointment date). But ICA site still show pending, and the status will change to approve tmr midnight or monday

To add more info (on how i know will approve) , my upload button disappeared AND i cant make new application (shows u an error saying you have pending pr application please wait for result) since the day the upload button disappeared to yesterday.

Sibeh happy. Goodluck everyone

oconnorandrew
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 1:36 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by oconnorandrew » Mon, 04 Apr 2022 7:50 pm

Dear all,

Aiming to apply for PR at end of this year and want to understand how best to improve profile.

1. British
2. Age 36
3. 11 years in singapore
4. British / Caucasian
5. Banking / Financial Sector
6. Will be 4th PR submission

Aiming to settle down here as this is home after living here for over a decade.

Really appreciate opinions.

Thanks in advance!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests