Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
bcm223
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 12:13 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by bcm223 » Sun, 06 Mar 2022 12:42 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 06 Mar 2022 12:24 pm
HODL wrote:
Sun, 06 Mar 2022 12:05 pm
bcm223 wrote:
Sun, 06 Mar 2022 1:14 am


Same here, still pending. I am expecting to wait at least 2-3 weeks till result is out. My ‘apply’ button is still there though. Wishing you all the best!
Press apply pr. Then press "myself".
If you able to proceed, then is high chance rejected.
If not able to proceed, will show "* You have a pending application, please wait for your result". , then high chance approve.
Reverse engineering and testing with the Gov Systems is not good and prohibited. Don't do !
Haha yea I don’t dare to try also. I will just continue waiting for the result. Either way, it’s still 50-50 :)

qwertyqw
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 6:06 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by qwertyqw » Mon, 07 Mar 2022 8:49 am

Hello, just want to share back to this forum.

my PR got approved after more than 2 years of waiting.

here is my profile when i applied with my wife who is also under EP with similar profile.
Age : 27
Race : Indonesian Javanese
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Married
Education : Master
Job : Software Engineer
Length of stay : almost 4 years (now 6+ years)
Salary :90k+
Pass : EP

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40420
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 07 Mar 2022 4:33 pm

Congratulations! and obviously patience paid off here. This was good to see as it not very often we see ethnic Indonesians gaining PR. Was pretty commonplace 15 years ago, but then they did away with the LPR scheme (I, myself, in my former role as an HR Manager hired two during that program). Again, congrats and thanks for coming back here to let us know. Power!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
EmilyLe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 3:38 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by EmilyLe » Wed, 09 Mar 2022 1:38 pm

SqQf wrote:
Sat, 28 Aug 2021 10:14 am
Hi All,

Long time lurker here. Wanted to share our family’s PR application story as I think some may have a similar profile as I. Note that this is not a successful outcome. Our result was received more than a few months ago now, but figured this to be worth sharing still. Unsuccessful story’s are just as valuable as successful ones when shared correctly.

Time of wait for result = virtually 2 years (week here there give or take)

Profile -

Husband:

Nationality - British / Aus duel citizen
Ethnicity - Chinese
Years in SG - 10+ years
Age - early 40’s
Industry / Company - Tech / MNC EP holder
Salary - $250k+
Tax returns - 10 years all with same company.

Wife:

Nationality - Aus / Philippines duel citizen
Ethnicity - Filipino
Years in SG - 10+ years
Age - late 30’s
Industry / Company - DP since 2017
Salary - N/A
Tax returns - 8

Both hold degrees from reputable university in AU.

1 son - 5 y/o, DP holder, born SG. Citizenship same as husband.

Applied previously for PR > 6 years ago, but had lower salary / wife had salary so joint income was the same - rejected in 5 months.

Applied this time with son, born in SG. Son ethnicity on birth certificate is stated Chinese. All documentation requested for application provided, no missing info. Rejected most likely due to quota levels, which is understandable.

No contact from ICA for this application. Previous application requested for additional details of family members.

Happy to answer any questions if it helps. To those applying currently, best of luck, wishing for you a successful outcome.

To us, we’re not disappointed with our outcome - other than it took a long time for result, but the pandemic did begin not long after our application was put through.

It doesn’t change our position or preference to remain in SG, would have helped us solidify our local status, but it is what it is, our lives remains the same as it was before our child was born, up until today. Grateful to be in SG as it is. :)
Hi, thanks for sharing. May I know how long have you been waiting for the result? 2 years and the application get rejected.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40420
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Mar 2022 2:32 pm

EmilyLe wrote:
Wed, 09 Mar 2022 1:38 pm
SqQf wrote:
Sat, 28 Aug 2021 10:14 am
]

Note that this is not a successful outcome.
.
.
.
Time of wait for result = virtually 2 years (week here there give or take)
Hi, thanks for sharing. May I know how long have you been waiting for the result? 2 years and the application get rejected.

Emily, which words didn't you understand? :shock: :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
EmilyLe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 3:38 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by EmilyLe » Wed, 09 Mar 2022 2:38 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 09 Mar 2022 2:32 pm
EmilyLe wrote:
Wed, 09 Mar 2022 1:38 pm
SqQf wrote:
Sat, 28 Aug 2021 10:14 am
]

Note that this is not a successful outcome.
.
.
.
Time of wait for result = virtually 2 years (week here there give or take)
Hi, thanks for sharing. May I know how long have you been waiting for the result? 2 years and the application get rejected.

Emily, which words didn't you understand? :shock: :roll:
Thanks @sundaymorningstaple :). 2 years of waiting and the result is not successful. I thought that the longer time of waiting, the higher chance you may get, but it seems wrong.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 2:20 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by mystic_river » Wed, 09 Mar 2022 2:49 pm

EmilyLe wrote:
Wed, 09 Mar 2022 2:38 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 09 Mar 2022 2:32 pm
EmilyLe wrote:
Wed, 09 Mar 2022 1:38 pm

Hi, thanks for sharing. May I know how long have you been waiting for the result? 2 years and the application get rejected.

Emily, which words didn't you understand? :shock: :roll:
Thanks @sundaymorningstaple :). 2 years of waiting and the result is not successful. I thought that the longer time of waiting, the higher chance you may get, but it seems wrong.
Why did you think the longer the time it takes the higher the chance is of approval? Where did you read this/how did you form this hypothesis?

In fact we have been saying time and time again that the length of application process has absolutely no correlation to the outcome of the application.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40420
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Mar 2022 10:59 pm

Hey, Mystic! :-)

Like her oblivious reading skills, her researching of our archives is also wholly inadequate as you are correct. We been saying this till we are blue in the face and just about the time we think we've managed to teach people another pops up like "whack-a-mole". :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

HODL
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 4:10 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by HODL » Sat, 12 Mar 2022 8:59 am

HODL wrote:
Mon, 28 Feb 2022 7:15 pm
HODL wrote:
Thu, 01 Jul 2021 7:56 pm
anxiously waiting for result.

Me:
Age: 27
Sex: M
Race: Chinese
Citizenship: Msian
Stay in SG: 15 years
Education: Bachelor (kindergarten to diploma in sg)
Field of work: Engineer
Salary: 36k
Company: MNC
Pass: EP
upload button disappeared. couldn't apply new application. lets see :D
Add on new data point.
Pr approved! Worked 8months and started applying pr. As expected to be approved this couple days. I can now declare the "medishield life and careshield life health declaration" and moved on to 2nd page showing the ica ref number (u will need this ref number to book appointment date). But ICA site still show pending, and the status will change to approve tmr midnight or monday

To add more info (on how i know will approve) , my upload button disappeared AND i cant make new application (shows u an error saying you have pending pr application please wait for result) since the day the upload button disappeared to yesterday.

Sibeh happy. Goodluck everyone

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40420
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 12 Mar 2022 11:44 am

Sadly, while good news for you, many other anecdotal reports of rejection. Your first paragraph and your second paragraph are not really related and have no bearing on each other. You are making an assumption that the first happened because of the 2nd. It more like it happened because of the progression but the 2nd paragraph is the same even for an eventual rejection notice.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dukesun99
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 12:36 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by dukesun99 » Sun, 13 Mar 2022 11:22 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 12 Mar 2022 11:44 am
Sadly, while good news for you, many other anecdotal reports of rejection. Your first paragraph and your second paragraph are not really related and have no bearing on each other. You are making an assumption that the first happened because of the 2nd. It more like it happened because of the progression but the 2nd paragraph is the same even for an eventual rejection notice.
In another Chinese language expats forum, people report no rejection if the button disappeared and cannot reapply if they apply under themselves (i.e. not sponsored by others)... Maybe they got such information from there.

HODL
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 4:10 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by HODL » Sun, 13 Mar 2022 12:17 pm

dukesun99 wrote:
Sun, 13 Mar 2022 11:22 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 12 Mar 2022 11:44 am
Sadly, while good news for you, many other anecdotal reports of rejection. Your first paragraph and your second paragraph are not really related and have no bearing on each other. You are making an assumption that the first happened because of the 2nd. It more like it happened because of the progression but the 2nd paragraph is the same even for an eventual rejection notice.
In another Chinese language expats forum, people report no rejection if the button disappeared and cannot reapply if they apply under themselves (i.e. not sponsored by others)... Maybe they got such information from there.
Thats right. I have a friend approved 2 weeks ago also couldnt reapply.

All the posts i see here (maybe got miss out some) in this forum , they only reported that their upload button disappeared but they NEVER go try apply new application and see if they can proceed to the application page.

Upload button disappeared is just indicating that result will be out in 2-3weeks time and it is not a indication whether the application will approve or reject. Must do the apply pr test and see if u can get the pending error.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 894
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 8:43 pm
Answers: 2

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by MOCHS » Sun, 13 Mar 2022 12:52 pm

The mods & admins of this forum do not recommend trying to “break the system” with these “tests”. I won’t be surprised if they patch this bug in the future.

Don’t make lives difficult for other people please.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4299
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 13 Mar 2022 1:04 pm

HODL wrote:
Sun, 13 Mar 2022 12:17 pm
dukesun99 wrote:
Sun, 13 Mar 2022 11:22 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 12 Mar 2022 11:44 am
Sadly, while good news for you, many other anecdotal reports of rejection. Your first paragraph and your second paragraph are not really related and have no bearing on each other. You are making an assumption that the first happened because of the 2nd. It more like it happened because of the progression but the 2nd paragraph is the same even for an eventual rejection notice.
In another Chinese language expats forum, people report no rejection if the button disappeared and cannot reapply if they apply under themselves (i.e. not sponsored by others)... Maybe they got such information from there.
Thats right. I have a friend approved 2 weeks ago also couldnt reapply.

All the posts i see here (maybe got miss out some) in this forum , they only reported that their upload button disappeared but they NEVER go try apply new application and see if they can proceed to the application page.

Upload button disappeared is just indicating that result will be out in 2-3weeks time and it is not a indication whether the application will approve or reject. Must do the apply pr test and see if u can get the pending error.
Don't play trial and error with Gov Systems. The last thing one would not want is PR approved, but withdrawn because of the violation of an improper use of the Gov system.

When someone has been waiting for 6 months - 1 year, what is an extra wait for 2 weeks going to make ?

korosensei
Regular
Regular
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 10:46 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by korosensei » Mon, 14 Mar 2022 9:37 am

HODL wrote:
Sat, 12 Mar 2022 8:59 am
HODL wrote:
Mon, 28 Feb 2022 7:15 pm
HODL wrote:
Thu, 01 Jul 2021 7:56 pm
anxiously waiting for result.

Me:
Age: 27
Sex: M
Race: Chinese
Citizenship: Msian
Stay in SG: 15 years
Education: Bachelor (kindergarten to diploma in sg)
Field of work: Engineer
Salary: 36k
Company: MNC
Pass: EP
upload button disappeared. couldn't apply new application. lets see :D
Add on new data point.
Pr approved! Worked 8months and started applying pr. As expected to be approved this couple days. I can now declare the "medishield life and careshield life health declaration" and moved on to 2nd page showing the ica ref number (u will need this ref number to book appointment date). But ICA site still show pending, and the status will change to approve tmr midnight or monday

To add more info (on how i know will approve) , my upload button disappeared AND i cant make new application (shows u an error saying you have pending pr application please wait for result) since the day the upload button disappeared to yesterday.

Sibeh happy. Goodluck everyone

Congrats! no doubt you will get it since you are from the favoured race.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests