Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4306
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 10 Feb 2022 3:09 pm

claireee wrote:
Thu, 10 Feb 2022 2:40 pm
Hi everyone, my husband and I are looking to apply for PR (1st time application). We got married here in SG last March 2021 and trying to conceive, but I thought we don't have to wait to have a kid before applying because honestly, human anatomy...

Here's our profile, would like to know our chances or anything we can look at to improve. Thanks!

Husband
Age: 38
Nationality: Australian (ethnicity is Indian)
Gender: Male
Education: highest attained is Diploma
Length of stay/Working in Singapore: 5+ Years
Income tax Assessment: 5 times
Job: Head of Treasury for a bank
Annual Salary: 200k + bonus
Total Work Experience: 18 years in banking
Current Pass: EP


Wife
Age: 32
Nationality: Filipino
Gender: Female
Education: Bachelors in Information Technology
Length of stay/Working in Singapore: 8+ Years
Income tax Assessment: 8 times
Job: Associate VP, Banking (IT)
Annual Salary: 125k + bonus
Total Work Experience: 12 years in banking (IT)
Current Pass: EP
Not going to be easy.
Reasons:
  • Ethnic Quota
    Employment Industry - where in finance people move out very quickly

claireee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 2:30 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by claireee » Thu, 10 Feb 2022 4:53 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 10 Feb 2022 3:09 pm
claireee wrote:
Thu, 10 Feb 2022 2:40 pm
Hi everyone, my husband and I are looking to apply for PR (1st time application). We got married here in SG last March 2021 and trying to conceive, but I thought we don't have to wait to have a kid before applying because honestly, human anatomy...

Here's our profile, would like to know our chances or anything we can look at to improve. Thanks!

Husband
Age: 38
Nationality: Australian (ethnicity is Indian)
Gender: Male
Education: highest attained is Diploma
Length of stay/Working in Singapore: 5+ Years
Income tax Assessment: 5 times
Job: Head of Treasury for a bank
Annual Salary: 200k + bonus
Total Work Experience: 18 years in banking
Current Pass: EP


Wife
Age: 32
Nationality: Filipino
Gender: Female
Education: Bachelors in Information Technology
Length of stay/Working in Singapore: 8+ Years
Income tax Assessment: 8 times
Job: Associate VP, Banking (IT)
Annual Salary: 125k + bonus
Total Work Experience: 12 years in banking (IT)
Current Pass: EP
Not going to be easy.
Reasons:
  • Ethnic Quota
    Employment Industry - where in finance people move out very quickly
Thanks for your response! Husband is actually looking to move to a brokerage firm servicing more diverse markets (agri/energy/financial), but with the same head of treasury role. Do you think that will give a better chance? However for me I will stay in banking.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40450
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Feb 2022 5:51 pm

You will need to be married for at least two years if you don't produce any offspring within that period. No, you will not find it in Black & White but with 17 years of anecdotal evidence on this board. Having said that, can you clarify that you are actually in Singapore and not in NYC where you seem to be posting from. Are you using a US company corporate server based there or a VPN?

I also concur with SF on this as well with regard to the Financial Industry as well (Brokerage Houses are also part off the Financial Industry, not just banks).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Zeus2022
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 6:59 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Zeus2022 » Thu, 10 Feb 2022 7:16 pm

Thanks for this
Last edited by Zeus2022 on Fri, 11 Feb 2022 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4306
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 10 Feb 2022 7:37 pm

Zeus2022 wrote:
Thu, 10 Feb 2022 7:16 pm
Hi folks, trying to understand if I should apply for PR. Only want to apply if my chances are good (don't want rejects on my application as I heard it makes it harder later).

Race: Indian (speak 2/4 Singapore language)
Gender: Male
Marital status: Married (2+ years) no kids; partner is a Singapore Citizen
Work: Managerial role at an American/ Global MNC's Singapore office
Education: Engineering and MBA, both from India
Age: 29
Current income: 400-500k per year (currently on EP)
Length of stay: 1.5 years in SG then gap of 1.5 years and then again 2.5 years

SC Partner age: 29
SC Partner income: 300-400k
SC Partner Work: Similar industry to mine
Go ahead and apply with the SC spouse as the sponsor. If rejected, apply again after having a kid.

Rejects on your application if sponsored via a SC Spouse, won't make it harder for future applications.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40450
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Feb 2022 7:44 pm

As your wife is SGC apply under Family Ties. If you apply under the PTS scheme you might well be considered a flight risk at the level of income you are drawing. Last thing the government wants is to lose highly-educated local breeding stock in their prime. Yeah, I know, it's crude but you've had 4 years of exposure to Singapore Gahment to understand where I'm coming from. And I'm an old dairy farmer which explains a lot! LOL Go for it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

raymond.specter86
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 2:50 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by raymond.specter86 » Sat, 12 Feb 2022 3:22 pm

Hi All
would like to seek advice on my chances of PR approval

Age: 36/ Single
Nationality: Myanmar-Chinese
Education: Bachelor Degree (sg)
Work: Engineer in government sector
Pass : EP
Length of work: 10 years plus
Annual: 125k (including bonus)
Property: personal vehicle

Thanks all in advance.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4306
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 12 Feb 2022 6:08 pm

raymond.specter86 wrote:
Sat, 12 Feb 2022 3:22 pm
Hi All
would like to seek advice on my chances of PR approval

Age: 36/ Single
Nationality: Myanmar-Chinese
Education: Bachelor Degree (sg)
Work: Engineer in government sector
Pass : EP
Length of work: 10 years plus
Annual: 125k (including bonus)
Property: personal vehicle

Thanks all in advance.
Have a try

HODL
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 4:10 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by HODL » Wed, 16 Feb 2022 5:52 pm

I just noticed at the pending page, there is this additional "ad-hoc submission" at the bottom, with boxes to select "change of address" , "change of marital status", "update of qualification", "change of employment".

Is this something new ? Any of u also have this ???

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4306
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 16 Feb 2022 6:23 pm

HODL wrote:
Wed, 16 Feb 2022 5:52 pm
I just noticed at the pending page, there is this additional "ad-hoc submission" at the bottom, with boxes to select "change of address" , "change of marital status", "update of qualification", "change of employment".

Is this something new ? Any of u also have this ???
If yes? I think you must not be too concerned about this. This is just a page for you to submit additional documents ( if they ask for or if there is a change in the application details)

HODL
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 4:10 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by HODL » Wed, 16 Feb 2022 6:27 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 16 Feb 2022 6:23 pm
HODL wrote:
Wed, 16 Feb 2022 5:52 pm
I just noticed at the pending page, there is this additional "ad-hoc submission" at the bottom, with boxes to select "change of address" , "change of marital status", "update of qualification", "change of employment".

Is this something new ? Any of u also have this ???
If yes? I think you must not be too concerned about this. This is just a page for you to submit additional documents ( if they ask for or if there is a change in the application details)
If yes then good lo. I kpo only.
This should be the way for everyone.. rather than everyone individually email them, so hard to keep track. Now people just upload into their system and they can just process from there.

They should also add "job promotion/change of salary".

Singlove
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 2:54 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Singlove » Wed, 16 Feb 2022 6:43 pm

I got the same alert showing today(it was not there yesterday). However, I have no changes/updates to submit. Do we for the time being not upload anything or upload the same details which were done earlier?



singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 16 Feb 2022 6:23 pm
HODL wrote:
Wed, 16 Feb 2022 5:52 pm
I just noticed at the pending page, there is this additional "ad-hoc submission" at the bottom, with boxes to select "change of address" , "change of marital status", "update of qualification", "change of employment".

Is this something new ? Any of u also have this ???
If yes? I think you must not be too concerned about this. This is just a page for you to submit additional documents ( if they ask for or if there is a change in the application details)

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4306
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 16 Feb 2022 6:54 pm

Singlove wrote:
Wed, 16 Feb 2022 6:43 pm
I got the same alert showing today(it was not there yesterday). However, I have no changes/updates to submit. Do we for the time being not upload anything or upload the same details which were done earlier?



singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 16 Feb 2022 6:23 pm
HODL wrote:
Wed, 16 Feb 2022 5:52 pm
I just noticed at the pending page, there is this additional "ad-hoc submission" at the bottom, with boxes to select "change of address" , "change of marital status", "update of qualification", "change of employment".

Is this something new ? Any of u also have this ???
If yes? I think you must not be too concerned about this. This is just a page for you to submit additional documents ( if they ask for or if there is a change in the application details)
You don't need to upload anything if they didn't request for it.

Russ-in-sg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 9:26 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Russ-in-sg » Sun, 20 Feb 2022 7:27 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 28 Jul 2021 9:38 pm
RC wrote:
Wed, 28 Jul 2021 9:29 pm
Hey guys would be curious what you think of our profile / changes / when we should apply

Husband:
Age: 32
Race: Caucasian
Nationality: British
Education: A Levels + Industry experience
Length of stay/Working in Singapore: 6 months
Income tax Assessment: 0
Job: Trading Technology Engineer in Crypto Exchange
Number of job changes in Singapore: 0 (currently with third employer)
Current Annual Salary: > 200K + allowance + bonus
Total Work Experience: 14 years
Current Pass: EP

Wife:
Age: 32
Race: Chinese
Nationality: British
Education: Nursing Degree from China, Health Care Degree from UK
Length of stay/Working in Singapore: 6 months
Income tax Assessment: 0
Job: Homemaker, Previously Local British Government / Accounting
Number of job changes in Singapore: 0
Current Annual Salary: 0
Total Work Experience: 10 years
Current Pass: DP

Kids: 1
Age: 2 Years old (male)
Race: Eurasian / Caucasian-Chinese Mixed blood
Nationality: British
Education: In Local Kindergarden
Current Pass: DP

Immigration consultant is adamant that we have a `strong case` and are `ticking boxes for SG gahman` but I take with a pinch of salt as they want our money...

What do you think ?
In my view chance is surely less than 5%. You will not need an immigration consultant.

Negative because of
1. Ethnic quota
2. Short stay in SG - 0 Tax filings. We will recommend at least 2-3 filings.
3. Minimum 3-5 years of working in SG
You & SMS know your stuff, as we’d already paid the Immergration consultant (a waste of money fwiw…) we decided to buy our ticket and take our chances ~ application was swiftly rejected around the 4 month mark ~ just before the end of the year I think that it was around 23rd Dec or something.

I wanted to add the data point to help to contribute something back.

Next plan for us is to wait two full tax years and apply again circa Jan 2024 ~ hopefully we’ll meet the black box selection criteria and have success on the next application.

Ahlim321
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 10:36 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Ahlim321 » Mon, 21 Feb 2022 9:44 am

Hi I’m currently right on my 4 month mark of application and still waiting for a response. What do you think my chances are for approval?

Really appreciate all the help

Profile during application
Age: 22
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Gender: Male
Marital status: Single
Education: ACCA (Professional qualification)
Job: Auditor
Salary: $42k pa (w/o bonus)
pass: Spass
Siblings: 2 Sisters (PR in SG) (5&7 years), Both parents LTVP in Singapore.
Duration in SG: 20 months

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests