PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 4713
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 24 Jan 2022 2:50 am

mystic_river wrote:
Fri, 14 Jan 2022 2:22 pm
i think what SF is trying to say here is that MP letter will add absolutely no value to your application. All applications are considered purely on merit and and an MP letter will not make the ICA "give chance" to you. no such thing.
Exactly, they really take “meritocracy” seriously here.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4169
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 24 Jan 2022 8:49 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 2:42 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 21 Jan 2022 9:45 pm
stevo8989 wrote:
Fri, 21 Jan 2022 7:23 pm


you have to send in a physical appeal letter. Believe that is the current process or at least what I have heard from multiple PR consultants.
It can be either electronic or physical. What matters is the content if it is really valid to turn the decision. In most cases, appeals fail
Any idea of appeal success rates? I’ve still yet to personally hear of a success story,
Very very low unless something drastic was accidentally missed out in the main application.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39867
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 11
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Jan 2022 6:32 pm

In 40 years I've not heard of an appeal working. However, I've heard of appeals failing and subsequently applying 2 years later and being approved. [I'm one of them]
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

smoulder
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1149
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by smoulder » Mon, 24 Jan 2022 6:46 pm

I'm another. In my case, my approval came a little over a year after the failed appeal.

nomadinsg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 11:23 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by nomadinsg » Wed, 26 Jan 2022 9:42 am

Hello again,

Question - if we have a change in circumstances i.e. job going from S-Pass to EP, how do we inform ICA about the change? Phone? Email? Should we wait till we receive the first month's pay slip from the new company? Or is the IPA sufficient?
Last edited by nomadinsg on Wed, 03 Aug 2022 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4169
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 26 Jan 2022 10:14 am

nomadinsg wrote:
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 9:42 am
Hello again,

Question - if we have a change in circumstances i.e. job going from S-Pass to EP, how do we inform ICA about the change? Phone? Email? Should we wait till we receive the first month's pay slip from the new company? Or is the IPA sufficient?

Thanks,
Sze
Better after the pass is issued. Update over email or in person. Not via Phone

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 4713
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 27 Jan 2022 1:38 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 8:49 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 2:42 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 21 Jan 2022 9:45 pm


It can be either electronic or physical. What matters is the content if it is really valid to turn the decision. In most cases, appeals fail
Any idea of appeal success rates? I’ve still yet to personally hear of a success story,
Very very low unless something drastic was accidentally missed out in the main application.
That’s what I thought. I’d imagine the change must be pretty monumental for the decision to be reversed.

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 4713
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 27 Jan 2022 1:39 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 6:32 pm
In 40 years I've not heard of an appeal working. However, I've heard of appeals failing and subsequently applying 2 years later and being approved. [I'm one of them]
Well then it wouldn’t be considered an appeal anymore, would it? Just a failed appeal and subsequent application success.

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 4713
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 27 Jan 2022 1:40 am

nomadinsg wrote:
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 9:42 am
Hello again,

Question - if we have a change in circumstances i.e. job going from S-Pass to EP, how do we inform ICA about the change? Phone? Email? Should we wait till we receive the first month's pay slip from the new company? Or is the IPA sufficient?

Thanks,
Sze
Email, so you have it in writing. May be hard to go down in person due to COVID (Limited capacity).

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4169
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Jan 2022 9:52 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 27 Jan 2022 1:39 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 6:32 pm
In 40 years I've not heard of an appeal working. However, I've heard of appeals failing and subsequently applying 2 years later and being approved. [I'm one of them]
Well then it wouldn’t be considered an appeal anymore, would it? Just a failed appeal and subsequent application success.
it is a subsequent full new application.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39867
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 11
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Jan 2022 1:22 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 27 Jan 2022 1:39 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 6:32 pm
In 40 years I've not heard of an appeal working. However, I've heard of appeals failing and subsequently applying 2 years later and being approved. [I'm one of them]
Well then it wouldn’t be considered an appeal anymore, would it? Just a failed appeal and subsequent application success.
Well, I must say, that was brilliant. Nothing like stating the obviouus. That is exactly what I said. Fair enough, you posted at 0130 hrs in the morning, maybe shouldn't have had that last bit of wine? :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ryan91
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 12:33 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by ryan91 » Thu, 27 Jan 2022 5:45 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 21 Dec 2021 2:25 pm
ryan91 wrote:
Tue, 21 Dec 2021 12:42 pm
Hi, appreciate if anyone can assess my chances of getting PR.
Age-30, studied and graduated with a bachelor in IT from a Singapore private school. Started working as a software developer in SG since 2014, currently in a senior engineer role (S$85K annual salary), holding EP. I've been living in SG since 2011 including my college years. Nationality-myanmar and married to Myanmar who's been studied and lived in SG since 2012 as well. My wife has been working in 2014 and currently in a senior accountant role, holding S pass (S$50K annual salary). We have been married for 2 years with no kids.
Not going to be easy.
Hi, do you think I would have a positive impact if my annual salary was increased to S$99K which I have already informed ICA since Jan'22. And my employer was satisfied with my performance that it was further increased to S$111K recently. Will those have positive outlook for my application? Thanks in advance.

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 4713
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 28 Jan 2022 2:03 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 27 Jan 2022 9:52 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 27 Jan 2022 1:39 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 6:32 pm
In 40 years I've not heard of an appeal working. However, I've heard of appeals failing and subsequently applying 2 years later and being approved. [I'm one of them]
Well then it wouldn’t be considered an appeal anymore, would it? Just a failed appeal and subsequent application success.
it is a subsequent full new application.
Yup

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39867
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 11
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Jan 2022 2:20 pm

You do know the difference between appealing and applying, yeah?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4169
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 28 Jan 2022 2:26 pm

ryan91 wrote:
Thu, 27 Jan 2022 5:45 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 21 Dec 2021 2:25 pm
ryan91 wrote:
Tue, 21 Dec 2021 12:42 pm
Hi, appreciate if anyone can assess my chances of getting PR.
Age-30, studied and graduated with a bachelor in IT from a Singapore private school. Started working as a software developer in SG since 2014, currently in a senior engineer role (S$85K annual salary), holding EP. I've been living in SG since 2011 including my college years. Nationality-myanmar and married to Myanmar who's been studied and lived in SG since 2012 as well. My wife has been working in 2014 and currently in a senior accountant role, holding S pass (S$50K annual salary). We have been married for 2 years with no kids.
Not going to be easy.
Hi, do you think I would have a positive impact if my annual salary was increased to S$99K which I have already informed ICA since Jan'22. And my employer was satisfied with my performance that it was further increased to S$111K recently. Will those have positive outlook for my application? Thanks in advance.
my advise is wait, make more improvements and apply after 1.5 to 2 years.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests