PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 4377
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 24 Dec 2021 2:09 am

autumn8 wrote:
Thu, 23 Dec 2021 3:01 am
Please help to review my profile for PR application. I have been waiting already 5.5 month and it is still Pending.

Job Title: Software Developer
Age: 30
Race and nationality: Chinese / Myanmar
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Single
Education: MSc from NTU and Bachelor of Engineering in IT from Myanmar
Experience in Singapore: currently working 6 years in existing company.
Salary: Basic SGD 50K + Bonus
Pass: S Pass

Thanks in Advance
Chances are fair. Pros are ethnicity, education and length of stay in SG. Cons are salary on the lower end, unmarried and no kids.

pakchoy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 10:20 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by pakchoy » Fri, 24 Dec 2021 10:29 am

Nnnnnnnnn
Last edited by pakchoy on Sun, 03 Jul 2022 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4153
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 24 Dec 2021 10:49 am

pakchoy wrote:
Fri, 24 Dec 2021 10:29 am
Hi,

My wife & I are planning to apply PR in the near future, please help to review my profile.

Profile:
Job: Product @ financial technology company
Age: 28, married for 2years+, no kids. Wife is also an EP holder (her profile below)
Nationality: Indonesian
Race: (I'm not sure, but I guess I can be considered Malay?)
Length of stay in Singapore: 1+ years
Working in Singapore: 1+ years
Annual salary: S$130,000 (before bonus)
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree from top Malaysian public University

My Wife profile:
Job: Marketing function @ tech company
Age: 28, married for 2years+, no kids.
Nationality: Indonesian
Race: (I'm not sure, but I guess can be considered Malay?)
Length of stay in Singapore: 1+ years
Working in Singapore: 1+ years
Annual salary: S$70,000 (before bonus)
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree from top Malaysian public University

Thanks a lot!
Low chance till you work in SG for atleast 3 years.

pakchoy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 10:20 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by pakchoy » Fri, 24 Dec 2021 11:02 am

.......
Last edited by pakchoy on Sun, 03 Jul 2022 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4153
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 24 Dec 2021 11:16 am

pakchoy wrote:
Fri, 24 Dec 2021 11:02 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 24 Dec 2021 10:49 am
pakchoy wrote:
Fri, 24 Dec 2021 10:29 am
Hi,

My wife & I are planning to apply PR in the near future, please help to review my profile.

Profile:
Job: Product @ financial technology company
Age: 28, married for 2years+, no kids. Wife is also an EP holder (her profile below)
Nationality: Indonesian
Race: (I'm not sure, but I guess I can be considered Malay?)
Length of stay in Singapore: 1+ years
Working in Singapore: 1+ years
Annual salary: S$130,000 (before bonus)
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree from top Malaysian public University

My Wife profile:
Job: Marketing function @ tech company
Age: 28, married for 2years+, no kids.
Nationality: Indonesian
Race: (I'm not sure, but I guess can be considered Malay?)
Length of stay in Singapore: 1+ years
Working in Singapore: 1+ years
Annual salary: S$70,000 (before bonus)
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree from top Malaysian public University

Thanks a lot!
Low chance till you work in SG for atleast 3 years.
Thanks, singaporeflyer for prompt response.

Besides the length of stay, how does the profile look?
Looks neutral to me. But if you stay here and work for 5 years in total, you may surely have a decent chance.

kjose88
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 11:05 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by kjose88 » Fri, 24 Dec 2021 11:30 am

ask wrote:
Mon, 22 Nov 2021 5:53 am
Northstar82 wrote:
Mon, 22 Nov 2021 1:33 am
ask wrote:
Sun, 21 Nov 2021 11:05 pm


Hi
Thx for the feedback
Male child going P1 in public school
Cross your fingers , quite good chance ( again before other people Jump n counter me .. that NO certainty n patters and Indian applicants have major competition ) , you mention your child in p1 ? Or is he going to start p1 from Jan 2022 ? If he is in p1 2021 batch then did you rejection after his p1 phase 3 result last year ? do update your outcome here for group to know .
Best of luck
Thanks, sure will update result here.
Do you mind sharing outcome for your application?

aabbccdd
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 2:32 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by aabbccdd » Sat, 25 Dec 2021 11:26 am

autumn8 wrote:
Thu, 23 Dec 2021 3:01 am
Please help to review my profile for PR application. I have been waiting already 5.5 month and it is still Pending.

Job Title: Software Developer
Age: 30
Race and nationality: Chinese / Myanmar
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Single
Education: MSc from NTU and Bachelor of Engineering in IT from Myanmar
Experience in Singapore: currently working 6 years in existing company.
Salary: Basic SGD 50K + Bonus
Pass: S Pass

Thanks in Advance
low chance.
there is your country man, who BSc NTU / MSc NTU / Phd NTU, hold EP / race chinese
3 times rejected. Age 30
Last edited by aabbccdd on Thu, 13 Jan 2022 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39771
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 25 Dec 2021 12:33 pm

Give it 18 months at least. And don't worry about others as without knowing you background even if your academics and work history and age are the same each application is taken on it's own merits. We can only guess on the other parameters that are taken into account. But we have seen approvals and/or rejections up to 24 months and one recently at 26. How long is a piece of string.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 4377
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 26 Dec 2021 2:24 am

aabbccdd wrote:
Sat, 25 Dec 2021 11:26 am
autumn8 wrote:
Thu, 23 Dec 2021 3:01 am
Please help to review my profile for PR application. I have been waiting already 5.5 month and it is still Pending.

Job Title: Software Developer
Age: 30
Race and nationality: Chinese / Myanmar
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Single
Education: MSc from NTU and Bachelor of Engineering in IT from Myanmar
Experience in Singapore: currently working 6 years in existing company.
Salary: Basic SGD 50K + Bonus
Pass: S Pass

Thanks in Advance
no chance.
there is your country man, who BSc NTU / MSc NTU / Phd NTU, hold EP / race chinese
3 times rejected. Age 30
No such thing as no chance.

mrtauren
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 9:46 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by mrtauren » Wed, 29 Dec 2021 10:04 pm

Hello all,

Browsing this forum for the first time as we are preparing to submit the PR ourselves (checked with a few agencies and then ultimatley followed the advice of this forum to file for ourselves).

Profile:

Applicant
Nationality: Chinese
Ethnicity: Chinese
Married, no children
Living in SG: 2 years (including 1 + year in MBA)
Education: top MBA program in Singapore
Employment in SG: 6 months (current company - large international company), 2 months (prior company - small)
Pay: $10,000+ SGD per month + bonus/ benefits

Spouse
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Chinese
Living in SG: 2 years, on dependant pass
Education: Bachelors of Business + CPA
Income in SG: None

Few questions if anyone could be kind enough to speculate:

1) Based on browsing the forum, I assume that cover letters/ colleague testimonials are a waste of time so we will only be going with the necessaries as stated by ICA. Although I can interested in charity to societal welfare, starting now wouldn't benefit our application.

2) Spouse has a small company back in America run remote. Profit of 200k SGD per annum. Would it be beneficial to report this or would it actually be harmful?

3) What are our chances? The agents were saying that policies would be changing at end of Feb.

Happy new year everyone.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4153
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 30 Dec 2021 9:34 am

mrtauren wrote:
Wed, 29 Dec 2021 10:04 pm
Hello all,

Browsing this forum for the first time as we are preparing to submit the PR ourselves (checked with a few agencies and then ultimatley followed the advice of this forum to file for ourselves).

Profile:

Applicant
Nationality: Chinese
Ethnicity: Chinese
Married, no children
Living in SG: 2 years (including 1 + year in MBA)
Education: top MBA program in Singapore
Employment in SG: 6 months (current company - large international company), 2 months (prior company - small)
Pay: $10,000+ SGD per month + bonus/ benefits

Spouse
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Chinese
Living in SG: 2 years, on dependant pass
Education: Bachelors of Business + CPA
Income in SG: None

Few questions if anyone could be kind enough to speculate:

1) Based on browsing the forum, I assume that cover letters/ colleague testimonials are a waste of time so we will only be going with the necessaries as stated by ICA. Although I can interested in charity to societal welfare, starting now wouldn't benefit our application.

2) Spouse has a small company back in America run remote. Profit of 200k SGD per annum. Would it be beneficial to report this or would it actually be harmful?

3) What are our chances? The agents were saying that policies would be changing at end of Feb.

Happy new year everyone.
2. No value to SG or PR application
3. Low chance till you complete atleast 3 years of working in SG

We recommend to submit application on your own later rather than via agents

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39771
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Dec 2021 10:04 pm

No mention of wife's company in the US either. That may inadvertently show that you are not serious of staying here. It's not relevant to the application so leave it out. Other than that, I concur with Singaporeflyer.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

fmetalal
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 01 Jan 2022 12:24 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by fmetalal » Sat, 01 Jan 2022 12:39 am

Hi, I am planning to apply first time for PR this 2022.

Profile:
Job: Senior IT Field Engineer
Age: 30
Marital Status: Married with child expected due on August 2022 and plan to deliver in Singapore
Nationality: Filipino
Race: Filipino
Length of stay in Singapore: 2.5 years
Working in Singapore: 2.5 years
Pass : EP
Annual salary: S$97,000 (before bonus)
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree from Philippine University

Wife profile:
Job: Currrently unemployed
Age: 34
Marital Status: Married with child expected due on August 2022 and plan to deliver in Singapore
Nationality: Filipino
Race: Filipino
Length of stay in Singapore: 1 year
Working in Singapore: N/A
Pass: DP
Annual salary: N/A
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in Nursing from Philippine University

Since my wife is currently not working, should we still apply as a family or should I apply individually first?

What will be our chances to get PR?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4153
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 01 Jan 2022 9:35 am

fmetalal wrote:
Sat, 01 Jan 2022 12:39 am
Hi, I am planning to apply first time for PR this 2022.

Profile:
Job: Senior IT Field Engineer
Age: 30
Marital Status: Married with child expected due on August 2022 and plan to deliver in Singapore
Nationality: Filipino
Race: Filipino
Length of stay in Singapore: 2.5 years
Working in Singapore: 2.5 years
Pass : EP
Annual salary: S$97,000 (before bonus)
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree from Philippine University

Wife profile:
Job: Currrently unemployed
Age: 34
Marital Status: Married with child expected due on August 2022 and plan to deliver in Singapore
Nationality: Filipino
Race: Filipino
Length of stay in Singapore: 1 year
Working in Singapore: N/A
Pass: DP
Annual salary: N/A
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in Nursing from Philippine University

Since my wife is currently not working, should we still apply as a family or should I apply individually first?

What will be our chances to get PR?
Chance very low
always applying as a family unit shows more commitment rather than applying alone

The_Sunday_Studio
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 11:42 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by The_Sunday_Studio » Sat, 01 Jan 2022 11:28 am

Hi all! Happy New Year!

Interesting topic here. Why would a loan impact the SC Application?

Curious if anybody knows what are the considerations ICA has.

Thanks.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests