PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
sksha
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 12:04 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sksha » Tue, 03 Aug 2021 5:46 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 12:32 pm
sksha wrote:
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 11:42 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 10:43 am


If born in SG and applied immediately within a month, some say you may have an outcome in 2-3 months. Any application after that will take the normal processing time. Why are you rushing?

It also depends on where are you from, quota, etc
Thanks SF.
yes, born in SG and applied within a month.
Quota will be a factor, due to Indian Ethnicity, which I reckon may add processing time-cycles and wait.
I am not rushing, this is more to understand how (and if) different are timelines for new dependants of existing PR or will the timelines be same as a normal new application.
You can hope to hear back in 3-4 months I think. Lets see
I am still awaiting to hear from ICA. In the meanwhile, my salary has been upwards revised by about 9%.
I know this is good to update to ICA when applying for PR, but in this case, given that my family is already a PR and just waiting for the PR application result for my new born kid, I wanted to know if it is good to update ICA or let it be as is?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3521
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 03 Aug 2021 6:01 pm

sksha wrote:
Tue, 03 Aug 2021 5:46 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 12:32 pm
sksha wrote:
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 11:42 am


Thanks SF.
yes, born in SG and applied within a month.
Quota will be a factor, due to Indian Ethnicity, which I reckon may add processing time-cycles and wait.
I am not rushing, this is more to understand how (and if) different are timelines for new dependants of existing PR or will the timelines be same as a normal new application.
You can hope to hear back in 3-4 months I think. Lets see
I am still awaiting to hear from ICA. In the meanwhile, my salary has been upwards revised by about 9%.
I know this is good to update to ICA when applying for PR, but in this case, given that my family is already a PR and just waiting for the PR application result for my new born kid, I wanted to know if it is good to update ICA or let it be as is?
Please update.

sksha
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 12:04 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sksha » Tue, 03 Aug 2021 6:07 pm

Thanks SF. Will do.

pr_applicant_2020
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 9:37 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by pr_applicant_2020 » Sat, 07 Aug 2021 1:00 pm

Hello all, looking for your opinions on my chances.

Origin: India
Age:28
Relationship status: Single
Education: Masters from NUS, finished my service obligation
Job: Software developer at a local brokerage (only company I worked for in Singapore)
Salary: Annual 65k for this year, started with 49k
Current visa: EP (renewed once)
Total time in Singapore: 4+ years (1.5 years as a student, 3 years into the job)

I also contribute to SRS and have paid tax for 3 years.

Do let me know of my chances and also what I need to do to improve them.

Thanks a lot

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3521
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 07 Aug 2021 5:58 pm

pr_applicant_2020 wrote:
Sat, 07 Aug 2021 1:00 pm
Hello all, looking for your opinions on my chances.

Origin: India
Age:28
Relationship status: Single
Education: Masters from NUS, finished my service obligation
Job: Software developer at a local brokerage (only company I worked for in Singapore)
Salary: Annual 65k for this year, started with 49k
Current visa: EP (renewed once)
Total time in Singapore: 4+ years (1.5 years as a student, 3 years into the job)

I also contribute to SRS and have paid tax for 3 years.

Do let me know of my chances and also what I need to do to improve them.

Thanks a lot
Will be little tough. May be try to work on increasing your salary and then apply after a couple of years. why SRS until you fall in the high salary - tax category?

pr_applicant_2020
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 9:37 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by pr_applicant_2020 » Sat, 07 Aug 2021 7:46 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 07 Aug 2021 5:58 pm
pr_applicant_2020 wrote:
Sat, 07 Aug 2021 1:00 pm
Hello all, looking for your opinions on my chances.

Origin: India
Age:28
Relationship status: Single
Education: Masters from NUS, finished my service obligation
Job: Software developer at a local brokerage (only company I worked for in Singapore)
Salary: Annual 65k for this year, started with 49k
Current visa: EP (renewed once)
Total time in Singapore: 4+ years (1.5 years as a student, 3 years into the job)

I also contribute to SRS and have paid tax for 3 years.

Do let me know of my chances and also what I need to do to improve them.

Thanks a lot
Will be little tough. May be try to work on increasing your salary and then apply after a couple of years. why SRS until you fall in the high salary - tax category?
Thanks for the info. What would the ideal salary range be? I am using SRS to save up for long term.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38618
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Aug 2021 1:18 pm

Time and Salary. But you will still have the ongoing ethnicity problems thanks to those who came before you. The only time that counts is that which started when you started to be gainfully employed.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

iopo63
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 5:50 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by iopo63 » Sun, 08 Aug 2021 4:31 pm

Hi all, I would like to apply PR for the first time and would like to know my chances.

I am working as software engineer

My profile:
Age: 27 Female
Race: Myanmar
Education:
Post Graduate diploma from NUS
Degree from Australia Uni
Diploma from Ngee Ann
Job: Software Engineer
Length of stay in SG: 9 yrs and 5 months
Working experiments : 5 years
Length of employment with my current employer: 2 months
Salary: Fixed annual salary S$50K
Pass: EP
Thank you so much for your time

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3521
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 09 Aug 2021 11:27 am

iopo63 wrote:
Sun, 08 Aug 2021 4:31 pm
Hi all, I would like to apply PR for the first time and would like to know my chances.

I am working as software engineer

My profile:
Age: 27 Female
Race: Myanmar
Education:
Post Graduate diploma from NUS
Degree from Australia Uni
Diploma from Ngee Ann
Job: Software Engineer
Length of stay in SG: 9 yrs and 5 months
Working experiments : 5 years
Length of employment with my current employer: 2 months
Salary: Fixed annual salary S$50K
Pass: EP
Thank you so much for your time
Try, but your chances may be very low.

iopo63
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 5:50 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by iopo63 » Mon, 09 Aug 2021 2:41 pm

Hi,

Thank you so much for the reply.
Can help me advise what should I improve on my profile like salary or?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3521
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 09 Aug 2021 6:27 pm

iopo63 wrote:
Mon, 09 Aug 2021 2:41 pm
Hi,

Thank you so much for the reply.
Can help me advise what should I improve on my profile like salary or?
salary looks low.

wandering123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 11:44 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by wandering123 » Tue, 10 Aug 2021 11:56 am

My upload documents button has disappeared today morning and I found this post when I was trying to search what could be the meaning. Also, I can enter the PR application page again now :/ (earlier it was showing you have a pending application). So after seeing some earlier posts thinking if that means probable rejection :/

Rocketboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon, 31 May 2021 6:09 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Rocketboy » Tue, 10 Aug 2021 12:08 pm

wandering123 wrote:
Tue, 10 Aug 2021 11:56 am
My upload documents button has disappeared today morning and I found this post when I was trying to search what could be the meaning. Also, I can enter the PR application page again now :/ (earlier it was showing you have a pending application). So after seeing some earlier posts thinking if that means probable rejection :/
Why did you decide to write this at least three times in all the the PR related topics here? To decrease your chances of rejection you should make at least 100 duplicate posts otherwise the spell doesn't work really...

wandering123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 11:44 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by wandering123 » Tue, 10 Aug 2021 12:21 pm

Rocketboy wrote:
Tue, 10 Aug 2021 12:08 pm
wandering123 wrote:
Tue, 10 Aug 2021 11:56 am
My upload documents button has disappeared today morning and I found this post when I was trying to search what could be the meaning. Also, I can enter the PR application page again now :/ (earlier it was showing you have a pending application). So after seeing some earlier posts thinking if that means probable rejection :/
Why did you decide to write this at least three times in all the the PR related topics here? To decrease your chances of rejection you should make at least 100 duplicate posts otherwise the spell doesn't work really...
I just wanted to find in any of the threads if any one has faced similar situation and whether the outcome has been different, cos I don't know who will see my post.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3521
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 10 Aug 2021 12:30 pm

wandering123 wrote:
Tue, 10 Aug 2021 12:21 pm
Rocketboy wrote:
Tue, 10 Aug 2021 12:08 pm
wandering123 wrote:
Tue, 10 Aug 2021 11:56 am
My upload documents button has disappeared today morning and I found this post when I was trying to search what could be the meaning. Also, I can enter the PR application page again now :/ (earlier it was showing you have a pending application). So after seeing some earlier posts thinking if that means probable rejection :/
Why did you decide to write this at least three times in all the the PR related topics here? To decrease your chances of rejection you should make at least 100 duplicate posts otherwise the spell doesn't work really...
I just wanted to find in any of the threads if any one has faced similar situation and whether the outcome has been different, cos I don't know who will see my post.
for you to find out, you must just use search and not post same duplicate in multiple threads.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: milkt and 22 guests