PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
smoulder
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 348
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by smoulder » Sun, 11 Jul 2021 11:30 am

RimuruTempest wrote:
Sun, 11 Jul 2021 11:28 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 04 Jul 2021 11:34 am
RimuruTempest wrote:
Sun, 04 Jul 2021 10:49 am
Hi,

I've been following this forum quietly for sometime and found resources are helpful!

I've applied the PR Jan 2020 (first time after waiting some tax years), and since then on pending mode. Looking to see your expertise here on my chance of getting approval

Profile:
Job: IT Engineer (support)
Age: 32, single
Nationality: Indonesian (stated as race on application)
Religion: Christian
Length of stay in Singapore: 5 Years
Working in Singapore: 5 years
Annual salary: S$80,000 (EP P1 Holder)
Qualifications: Bachelor of IT from Indonesia (top Indonesia's university, part of ASEAN University Network)

Timeline:

Jan 2020: Applied PR
March 2020: Changed job, informed ICA, ack'ed by them
August 2020: ICA sent an email asking me to procure my family (parents, sisters) CV which I did.

Since then it's completely silent.

What is the odd of me getting approval this year?
Chance will be still low. Also little surprised that 80K annual salary is given EP P1. Are you sure?
I've just received the outcome letter few days ago :o . They gave me the In Principle Approval. I think I was beating the odds here. Also, I heard from my Indonesian circles, two families got their PR approved around one month earlier.

I'd need to procure some original documents which are with my mom in Indonesia. I don't know how to proceed since it's gonna be difficult these days.
She can courier the docs right?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 11 Jul 2021 11:32 am

RimuruTempest wrote:
Sun, 11 Jul 2021 11:28 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 04 Jul 2021 11:34 am
RimuruTempest wrote:
Sun, 04 Jul 2021 10:49 am
Hi,

I've been following this forum quietly for sometime and found resources are helpful!

I've applied the PR Jan 2020 (first time after waiting some tax years), and since then on pending mode. Looking to see your expertise here on my chance of getting approval

Profile:
Job: IT Engineer (support)
Age: 32, single
Nationality: Indonesian (stated as race on application)
Religion: Christian
Length of stay in Singapore: 5 Years
Working in Singapore: 5 years
Annual salary: S$80,000 (EP P1 Holder)
Qualifications: Bachelor of IT from Indonesia (top Indonesia's university, part of ASEAN University Network)

Timeline:

Jan 2020: Applied PR
March 2020: Changed job, informed ICA, ack'ed by them
August 2020: ICA sent an email asking me to procure my family (parents, sisters) CV which I did.

Since then it's completely silent.

What is the odd of me getting approval this year?
Chance will be still low. Also little surprised that 80K annual salary is given EP P1. Are you sure?
I've just received the outcome letter few days ago :o . They gave me the In Principle Approval. I think I was beating the odds here. Also, I heard from my Indonesian circles, two families got their PR approved around one month earlier.

I'd need to procure some original documents which are with my mom in Indonesia. I don't know how to proceed since it's gonna be difficult these days.
Congrats. You can explain to ICA and they will be helpful in this situation.

redblimp
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 10:24 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by redblimp » Mon, 12 Jul 2021 9:12 pm

Hi all, I recently got married to my partner who is a Singapore PR. I myself have been living and working in Singapore for 5-6 years and currently hold a PEP. Not sure if it's relevant or applicable but our combined monthly household income is relatively high (>30K) and we are in our 30s with no kids.

I previously applied for a PR as an EP holder self applicant - application was rejected after about 7 months of review time. Do you think I would have a good chance to re-apply as part of a sponsored application by my wife? Or should I hold off and wait until at least 2 years of marriage has passed?

Grateful for any inputs!

Thanks.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38424
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 3
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Jul 2021 9:25 pm

Obviously, the most correct answer would be wait at least two years (especially considering you have already be rejected once). How much time is remaining on your PEP? If you really are chafing at the bit, at least wait until you have passed two years since your rejection. Again, other than a guesstimate on your incomes we really don't have anything to go and approximate age range. Where do you fall in the CIMO lineup? That may have a lot of bearing as well as we are at the midpoint of the year and don't know how much of the relative ethnic quotas have already been filled. If you are already on a PEP, I feel you chances may be good from a PEP standpoint and the recent marriage to a PR. I think filing under Family Ties (wife sponsor) would be best as they will still take your PEP into consideration. Good luck
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 12 Jul 2021 10:03 pm

redblimp wrote:
Mon, 12 Jul 2021 9:12 pm
Hi all, I recently got married to my partner who is a Singapore PR. I myself have been living and working in Singapore for 5-6 years and currently hold a PEP. Not sure if it's relevant or applicable but our combined monthly household income is relatively high (>30K) and we are in our 30s with no kids.

I previously applied for a PR as an EP holder self applicant - application was rejected after about 7 months of review time. Do you think I would have a good chance to re-apply as part of a sponsored application by my wife? Or should I hold off and wait until at least 2 years of marriage has passed?

Grateful for any inputs!

Thanks.
You have not said anything about your job, education, etc

redblimp
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 10:24 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by redblimp » Mon, 12 Jul 2021 10:54 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 12 Jul 2021 10:03 pm
redblimp wrote:
Mon, 12 Jul 2021 9:12 pm
Hi all, I recently got married to my partner who is a Singapore PR. I myself have been living and working in Singapore for 5-6 years and currently hold a PEP. Not sure if it's relevant or applicable but our combined monthly household income is relatively high (>30K) and we are in our 30s with no kids.

I previously applied for a PR as an EP holder self applicant - application was rejected after about 7 months of review time. Do you think I would have a good chance to re-apply as part of a sponsored application by my wife? Or should I hold off and wait until at least 2 years of marriage has passed?

Grateful for any inputs!

Thanks.
You have not said anything about your job, education, etc
Employed by an MNC. Undergrad degree from top 10 university globally (according to QS world rankings)

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 13 Jul 2021 7:47 am

redblimp wrote:
Mon, 12 Jul 2021 10:54 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 12 Jul 2021 10:03 pm
redblimp wrote:
Mon, 12 Jul 2021 9:12 pm
Hi all, I recently got married to my partner who is a Singapore PR. I myself have been living and working in Singapore for 5-6 years and currently hold a PEP. Not sure if it's relevant or applicable but our combined monthly household income is relatively high (>30K) and we are in our 30s with no kids.

I previously applied for a PR as an EP holder self applicant - application was rejected after about 7 months of review time. Do you think I would have a good chance to re-apply as part of a sponsored application by my wife? Or should I hold off and wait until at least 2 years of marriage has passed?

Grateful for any inputs!

Thanks.
You have not said anything about your job, education, etc
Employed by an MNC. Undergrad degree from top 10 university globally (according to QS world rankings)
Ethnicity and Nationality?

redblimp
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 10:24 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by redblimp » Tue, 13 Jul 2021 1:16 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 13 Jul 2021 7:47 am
redblimp wrote:
Mon, 12 Jul 2021 10:54 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 12 Jul 2021 10:03 pm


You have not said anything about your job, education, etc
Employed by an MNC. Undergrad degree from top 10 university globally (according to QS world rankings)
Ethnicity and Nationality?
UK (Caucasian)

redblimp
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 10:24 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by redblimp » Tue, 13 Jul 2021 1:18 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 12 Jul 2021 9:25 pm
Obviously, the most correct answer would be wait at least two years (especially considering you have already be rejected once). How much time is remaining on your PEP? If you really are chafing at the bit, at least wait until you have passed two years since your rejection. Again, other than a guesstimate on your incomes we really don't have anything to go and approximate age range. Where do you fall in the CIMO lineup? That may have a lot of bearing as well as we are at the midpoint of the year and don't know how much of the relative ethnic quotas have already been filled. If you are already on a PEP, I feel you chances may be good from a PEP standpoint and the recent marriage to a PR. I think filing under Family Ties (wife sponsor) would be best as they will still take your PEP into consideration. Good luck
PEP has until March 2022. We are in our early-mid 30s. My ethnicity is Caucasian (I'm originally from UK). Wife's ethnicity is Chinese.

anesthetization
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 9:36 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by anesthetization » Tue, 13 Jul 2021 11:50 pm

Hi everyone and @singaporeflyer,

You guys are super helpful. Last year when I was going to apply for the PR, I was approaching a consulting firm. But I learned from you guys that it is useless. So I did not waste my money on that. Thanks again.

If possible, please help to assess my profile and how to improve it would be meaningful to my family.

Main Application: Vietnamese, Age 30, EP Holder, Software Engineer, have stayed in Singapore for 7 years, working 6 years. Highest degree: NUS Master in Tech.

I applied for PR first time last year when my salary was 108k and got rejected right after 6 months. After waiting for more than 6 months, I applied again early this year with my wife right after I got married, and change my job to another top e-commerce firm in Singapore with a 120k salary. Still waiting for the result.

My wife is Vietnamese as well, she is 33 a Bachelor's holder in a vn uni. Currently, she is a housewife as she is pregnant and we are expecting another baby in 3 months, probably being born here. I also changing job into another big tech company with a salary of 170k.
So I figured that if I got rejected this time, I will apply again as I getting another job and a baby. Do you think it is a sensible strategy or should I wait for more?

Is it true that I should always apply with my family even that my wife's profile is not strong? I understand that the PR may grant individually, is it correct?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 14 Jul 2021 9:32 am

anesthetization wrote:
Tue, 13 Jul 2021 11:50 pm
Hi everyone and @singaporeflyer,

You guys are super helpful. Last year when I was going to apply for the PR, I was approaching a consulting firm. But I learned from you guys that it is useless. So I did not waste my money on that. Thanks again.

If possible, please help to assess my profile and how to improve it would be meaningful to my family.

Main Application: Vietnamese, Age 30, EP Holder, Software Engineer, have stayed in Singapore for 7 years, working 6 years. Highest degree: NUS Master in Tech.

I applied for PR first time last year when my salary was 108k and got rejected right after 6 months. After waiting for more than 6 months, I applied again early this year with my wife right after I got married, and change my job to another top e-commerce firm in Singapore with a 120k salary. Still waiting for the result.

My wife is Vietnamese as well, she is 33 a Bachelor's holder in a vn uni. Currently, she is a housewife as she is pregnant and we are expecting another baby in 3 months, probably being born here. I also changing job into another big tech company with a salary of 170k.
So I figured that if I got rejected this time, I will apply again as I getting another job and a baby. Do you think it is a sensible strategy or should I wait for more?

Is it true that I should always apply with my family even that my wife's profile is not strong? I understand that the PR may grant individually, is it correct?
Applying as a family is always better. Apply after 1 year on your new 170K salary. Current chance will be still low for your application in progress

anesthetization
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 9:36 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by anesthetization » Wed, 14 Jul 2021 10:52 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 14 Jul 2021 9:32 am
Applying as a family is always better. Apply after 1 year on your new 170K salary. Current chance will be still low for your application in progress
Thank you for your thought. Yeah, I will try again, really want to root my family here.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38424
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 3
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Jul 2021 12:36 pm

redblimp wrote:
Tue, 13 Jul 2021 1:18 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 12 Jul 2021 9:25 pm
Obviously, the most correct answer would be wait at least two years (especially considering you have already be rejected once). How much time is remaining on your PEP? If you really are chafing at the bit, at least wait until you have passed two years since your rejection. Again, other than a guesstimate on your incomes we really don't have anything to go and approximate age range. Where do you fall in the CIMO lineup? That may have a lot of bearing as well as we are at the midpoint of the year and don't know how much of the relative ethnic quotas have already been filled. If you are already on a PEP, I feel you chances may be good from a PEP standpoint and the recent marriage to a PR. I think filing under Family Ties (wife sponsor) would be best as they will still take your PEP into consideration. Good luck
PEP has until March 2022. We are in our early-mid 30s. My ethnicity is Caucasian (I'm originally from UK). Wife's ethnicity is Chinese.
Looks like going the family route might be the best method as both of you will be considered when adjudicating the application. Chinese and already a PR makes her an excellent sponsor and with you on a PEP I reckon it will be reasonably smooth going.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

redblimp
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 10:24 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by redblimp » Wed, 14 Jul 2021 4:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 14 Jul 2021 12:36 pm
redblimp wrote:
Tue, 13 Jul 2021 1:18 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 12 Jul 2021 9:25 pm
Obviously, the most correct answer would be wait at least two years (especially considering you have already be rejected once). How much time is remaining on your PEP? If you really are chafing at the bit, at least wait until you have passed two years since your rejection. Again, other than a guesstimate on your incomes we really don't have anything to go and approximate age range. Where do you fall in the CIMO lineup? That may have a lot of bearing as well as we are at the midpoint of the year and don't know how much of the relative ethnic quotas have already been filled. If you are already on a PEP, I feel you chances may be good from a PEP standpoint and the recent marriage to a PR. I think filing under Family Ties (wife sponsor) would be best as they will still take your PEP into consideration. Good luck
PEP has until March 2022. We are in our early-mid 30s. My ethnicity is Caucasian (I'm originally from UK). Wife's ethnicity is Chinese.
Looks like going the family route might be the best method as both of you will be considered when adjudicating the application. Chinese and already a PR makes her an excellent sponsor and with you on a PEP I reckon it will be reasonably smooth going.
Ok, thanks for the feedback. So you don't think I need to wait 2 years post marriage? Or you still think I would have an ok chance right away if it is a sponsored application by my wife?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38424
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 3
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Jul 2021 7:30 pm

Obviously waiting until married two years are prime, but that's why I mention chafing at the bit. Wait until you have passed two years since your rejection. I reckon that will be sufficient, but if you can wait till married 2 years, that would be an even better chance with probably not that much more waiting. Wish you luck, although I don't think you will need any luck.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests