Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 16 Apr 2022 1:31 pm

PartyLike-A-Russian wrote:
Fri, 15 Apr 2022 7:04 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 15 Apr 2022 6:58 pm
PartyLike-A-Russian wrote:
Fri, 15 Apr 2022 4:45 pm
Hi sundaymorningstaple,

Wanted to ask something.
I know every time you suggest waiting for at least 2 years before applying again after one's SPR application is rejected. Given 16+ years of your experience here, how many (in percent) followed this advice and got approval after waiting like this? Not necessarily, after the second try. Could be rejection, two years, rejection, two years, approval. The sort of folk I mean is non-CM, not married to locals, not billionaires who have created 1000s of jobs for locals, not exceptional brain surgeons. Rather, ordinary Caucasian, Eurasian, SEA or Indian families with children, in the IT, finance, or other sectors where one doesn't really stand out, with steadily growing income.

Asking because what I have stumbled upon on this forum was several stories of Indian, Filipino and other non-CM applicants applying every two or three years and getting rejected each time.
I am one of those who initially got rejected a few times, waited and then got my PR after N years. Later converted to a SG passport too. Growth in career and patience is very important. But it is not easy. Initially I was impatient too and was reprimanded in the same forum :) :wink:
Thank you for replying.
And what does N equal to? :)
N is just a number which will vary from person to person.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Sat, 16 Apr 2022 4:12 pm

So many people forget that each application is unique and processed on a case by case basis. There are multiple parameters involved.

What works for one person does not work for another unless you are a clone of a successful PR applicant. Asking such a question is not beneficial other than trying to beat the system, perhaps? Which again, is not encouraged at all.

SMS already said before, you buy your ticket and you take your chances.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Sat, 16 Apr 2022 5:37 pm

It seems that your chances are very low. Unfortunately, that's the reality. You might feel hopeful that there are stories such as SF's, but remember that he was one of the Indian applicants who beat odds that were heavily stacked against him.

Better option would be to work on alternative plans. Other countries where you stand a better chance.

skmh2022

Post by skmh2022 » Mon, 18 Apr 2022 5:08 pm

Hi all, please advise on my current situation:

Me SG female
23 years old
Junior employee, earning 4.5k a month
Local uni masters grad

Husband Indian Male
Currently on EP since 2016
Married in 2022 in SG
Earning 6k a month
masters grad from private uni based in SG, currently doing PHD

What are our chances of PR approval for him?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 18 Apr 2022 5:12 pm

skmh2022 wrote:
Mon, 18 Apr 2022 5:08 pm

Me SG female
23 years old
Local uni masters grad

Husband Indian Male
Married in 2022 in SG
Earning 6k a month

Apply after 2 years of marriage or better after a kid. Will likely get it.
Apply on his own - slim chance, apply with you as sponsor - too early.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 18 Apr 2022 11:58 pm

skmh2022 wrote:
Mon, 18 Apr 2022 5:08 pm

Me SG female
23 years old
Local uni masters grad

Husband Indian Male
Married in 2022 in SG
Earning 6k a month

Fair chance right now, but will be higher if you have a kid, EVEN more so if the kid is male (NS).

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 19 Apr 2022 12:00 am

smoulder wrote:
Sat, 16 Apr 2022 5:37 pm
It seems that your chances are very low. Unfortunately, that's the reality. You might feel hopeful that there are stories such as SF's, but remember that he was one of the Indian applicants who beat odds that were heavily stacked against him.

Better option would be to work on alternative plans. Other countries where you stand a better chance.
Exactly. So many fall into the trap of putting all their eggs in one basket. It’s good to be optimistic but not always practical, better to have alternative arrangements in case things do not work out the way you hoped they would.

Pipay1029

Post by Pipay1029 » Tue, 19 Apr 2022 10:50 am

Hi There,

I have been following this forum for quite a while now. Possible to help evaluate the chances of applying my PR in Singapore.

Race : Filipino
Education : Bachelor Degree
Job : Financial Advisor
Salary : 120k (Previously 70k++)
Length of Stay in Singapore : 4 Years

I have tried applying for PR during covid and it was rejected. I am thinking of applying again since there is an increment in my salary since my last application. On a side note, I am a single mum with a son, planning to let him study here as well. If the chances are slim, is there any advice that I can increase my chances in Singapore?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 19 Apr 2022 11:08 am

Pipay1029 wrote:
Tue, 19 Apr 2022 10:50 am
Hi There,

I have been following this forum for quite a while now. Possible to help evaluate the chances of applying my PR in Singapore.

I have tried applying for PR during covid and it was rejected. I am thinking of applying again since there is an increment in my salary since my last application. On a side note, I am a single mum with a son, planning to let him study here as well. If the chances are slim, is there any advice that I can increase my chances in Singapore?
What Visa were you on before and now?

Pipay1029

Post by Pipay1029 » Tue, 19 Apr 2022 11:14 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 19 Apr 2022 11:08 am
Pipay1029 wrote:
Hi There,

Hi SF ,

Thanks for the prompt response. I am currently on S-pass. Due to the changes of my company policy , they won't renew any EP holder moving forward. My company advice me to stay on S-Pass instead.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 19 Apr 2022 11:19 am

Pipay1029 wrote:
Tue, 19 Apr 2022 11:14 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Pipay1029 wrote:
Hi There,

Hi SF ,

Thanks for the prompt response. I am currently on S-pass. Due to the changes of my company policy , they won't renew any EP holder moving forward. My company advice me to stay on S-Pass instead.
Considering the quota that would be available, won't be easy for you to get PR till you move to E Pass and also increase your salary.

Another reason why it may be tough : there are lot of locals who are in the financial advisory space. ICA will be looking to grant PR where there is shortage of talent in the industry.

Pipay1029

Post by Pipay1029 » Tue, 19 Apr 2022 11:35 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 19 Apr 2022 11:19 am
Pipay1029 wrote:
Tue, 19 Apr 2022 11:14 am
singaporeflyer wrote:

Hi SF ,

Considering the quota that would be available, won't be easy for you to get PR till you move to E Pass and also increase your salary.

Another reason why it may be tough : there are lot of locals who are in the financial advisory space. ICA will be looking to grant PR where there is shortage of talent in the industry.
Hi SF,

Really appreciate your advice. I will check in with my company if they allowed me to move to EP instead. As for income-wise, no doubt there will be an increment on a yearly basis.

I pray for those who are applying for PR or waiting for the outcome will get good news soon!

ArthaK

Post by ArthaK » Tue, 19 Apr 2022 5:36 pm

Hi all,
Just want to share some experiences during my family's PR application.

Highlights:

Application date: May 2021 - sole attempt
Applicants: My wife, my daughter, and myself
Profile: My wife (35 y.o Indonesian Chinese under DP*), my daughter (4 y.o Indonesian Chinese under DP*), and myself (35 y.o Indonesian Chinese under EP since 2017)
Tax submission: 5 years since 2017 without any single miss/late payment - I'm not sure whether it's important or not. But since many of discussions in here mentioned about this, I just shared.
Income: S$8.x K/monthly with AWS and some annual bonus

Notes*:
1. My wife and my daughter actually just relocated to Singapore in early 2021. Thank God my wife got a job in June 2021 (under EP)
2. I didn't do anything with my application despite there was a change for my wife's status from DP to EP holder. Until my friend suggested me to update the application on early January 2022. I updated the documentation and within a day ICA officer replied me and stated that they acknowledged the changes.

Outcomes:

1. End of March 2022, I didn't aware when exactly the document upload button dissapeared. But it was no longer there
2. Last Sunday (17 April 2022), We checked thru web and it said approved ~ after 11 months. The following day (Monday), we received the IPA letter thru post
3. Now we are working on the formalities completion.

Well, that is my family's experience. Wishing you all the best with the application.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Apr 2022 5:57 pm

Congratulations. And yet another supporting what we have adduced for many years. M'sian & Indonesian Chinese have the easiest time to get PR and subsequently SGC if they desire it. That fact, that it is easy to assimilate with the local Chinese population without hardly any efforts, makes all the difference in the world to the ruling party here. Glad to see you had an easy journey. Cheers.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

autumn8

Post by autumn8 » Thu, 21 Apr 2022 1:42 am

Hello all, Please help to reply your point of view. I submitted my PR application in July 2021 and until now the status is still Pending. When I submit my PR I also submit additional documents such as cover letter, resume, testimonial from my friends and my insurance. After I visited around this forums and from my PR application successful friends, I realized that those additional documents are not really necessary. So my concern is due to those additional documents that impact my application status or not. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.