Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sp786
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sp786 » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 9:31 pm

omshastry wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:40 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 30 Aug 2021 4:53 pm

In my personal view, there are lots of applicants who got it approved directly by applying it themselves rather than going via an agency.
And I agree. I have not hired any agency's services. Nor planning to. My 3rd PR rejection came in yesterday btw. But didn't have too high hopes anyways (Only 4yrs in the country, Indian, and working in a bank, and have a girl child only).
By engaging agencies the already hated and seen as threat Indians are letting out their personal details to them. These guys wont hesitate to sell off the personal details to some random political agent who would then extract some data and shout about it in third grade publications such as independent or ToC or even straitstimes FB comments whenever there is a news about wage and CecA. I just gave a deeper thought to this because letting out sensitive details about you and your family is not encouraged under these circumstances. As the forum Mods usually say and in my own experience agencies dont do anything special and beware that they reuse the same cover letter, recommendation letter templates for all candidates. Thats my view but its upto you.

sp786
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Post by sp786 » Thu, 02 Sep 2021 10:35 pm

I just came across this advertisement somewhere on google for immigration consultants who merely do data entry jobs such consultancies offer sgd 3000 to sgd 8000!
https://www.dunlincareers.com/?fbclid=I ... rtjzifXpj8

How is that possible? It is possible because many south asians especially fall trap to this

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 Sep 2021 10:41 pm

Yep. There are suckers born every minute. And with potentially 1.3 billion trying to escape from S.Asia, it's a veritable gold mine for the slick willies and a trap for the desperate. And yes, they do fall into it all the time, you have seen recent admissions on this forum recently. Regardless how much we tell people, they think they know better that those of us who have been talking and giving good advice for over 15 years or more. The difference between them and us? We tell you the truth, they tell you what you want to hear.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

harold101

Post by harold101 » Sun, 05 Sep 2021 8:19 pm

Race : Filipino
Marital Status : Married
Education : Bachelor of Science in Aircraft Maintenance Technology
My qualifications include: 3 years working as an Aircraft Technician in ST Engineering
Experience: 5 years in Aviation Industry and licensed Private Pilot
Length of stay : 3 years, had paid 3 IRAS Income Statements
Salary : Basic $3000+ Overtime
Pass : S-Pass

WIFE
Race : Malaysian Chinese
Education : Diploma in Culinary Arts
Length of Stay: 3 years
Experience: Working as an Childcare Educarer
Salary: $2500
Pass: S-Pass

Married here in ROM

As of now we have our 6 month old baby boy Malaysian Citizen currently holding a Student Pass.

We’re planning to apply soon thank you so much for your thoughts!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 05 Sep 2021 8:23 pm

harold101 wrote:
Sun, 05 Sep 2021 8:19 pm
Education : Bachelor of Science in Aircraft Maintenance Technology
My qualifications include: 3 years working as an Aircraft Technician in ST Engineering
Experience: 5 years in Aviation Industry and licensed Private Pilot
Length of stay : 3 years, had paid 3 IRAS Income Statements
Salary : Basic $3000+ Overtime
Pass : S-Pass

WIFE
Race : Malaysian Chinese
Education : Diploma in Culinary Arts
Length of Stay: 3 years
Experience: Working as an Childcare Educarer
Salary: $2500
Pass: S-Pass

Married here in ROM

As of now we have our 6 month old baby boy Malaysian Citizen currently holding a Student Pass.

We’re planning to apply soon thank you so much for your thoughts!

Apply with the wife as main applicant and you may have a decent chance.

iceblue

Post by iceblue » Mon, 06 Sep 2021 2:23 pm

Hi,

Please help assess our probability of getting PR for my wife, would appreciate any inputs:

Me:
Singaporean Male
29 years old
Salary: more than $10k a month
Education: Local Uni Grad

Wife:
PRC Chinese with LTVP and Pre-Approved LOC from MOM to work here
30 yeas told
Salary: $4k a month
Education: Degree from a university in China

we married here in Singapore slightly more than 1 year ago and my wife is expecting now, the company she works at now is set up by me for her to run the business

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 06 Sep 2021 3:28 pm

iceblue wrote:
Mon, 06 Sep 2021 2:23 pm
Hi,

Please help assess our probability of getting PR for my wife, would appreciate any inputs:

Me:
Singaporean Male
29 years old
Salary: more than $10k a month
Education: Local Uni Grad

Wife:
PRC Chinese with LTVP and Pre-Approved LOC from MOM to work here
30 yeas told
Salary: $4k a month
Education: Degree from a university in China

we married here in Singapore slightly more than 1 year ago and my wife is expecting now, the company she works at now is set up by me for her to run the business
Should be Ok.
More easier to approve if you apply for her PR after the baby is born.

VPSG

Post by VPSG » Sun, 19 Sep 2021 1:34 am

Hi, I would like to get some idea on chances for a PR application approval. Taking the template used on this forum:

My details are:
- Race: Chinese
- Nationality: Taiwanese
- Marital Status: Married
- Education: NUS MBA with MOE full scholarship
- Industry: Trader in Finance Industry
- Position: Associate Director
- Annual basic salary 130k + 50k bonus
- LTVP with LOC
- Live in Singapore: 1 year
- Application history: N/A

Wife
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Singaporean
Occupation: Finance, US based company (used to work in Taiwan for 2 years)
Education: Bachelor degree.
Salary: 40k annual

Kid

We moved back this year as we are planning on setting up our family in SG. Wife used to work in Taiwan in a US based company (currently employed on maternity leave) and I left my job in Taiwan to relocate to SG after getting my LTVP (approved in 3 days). Currently taking my NUS MBA on an MOE full scholarship and got a job in a bank in Singapore this year, and child was born this year as a SC. First time applying with sponsorship from my wife. TIA~

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 20 Sep 2021 10:57 am

VPSG wrote:
Sun, 19 Sep 2021 1:34 am
Hi, I would like to get some idea on chances for a PR application approval. Taking the template used on this forum:

My details are:
- Race: Chinese
- Nationality: Taiwanese
- Marital Status: Married
- Education: NUS MBA with MOE full scholarship
- Industry: Trader in Finance Industry
- Position: Associate Director
- Annual basic salary 130k + 50k bonus
- LTVP with LOC
- Live in Singapore: 1 year
- Application history: N/A

Wife
Occupation: Finance, US based company (used to work in Taiwan for 2 years)
Education: Bachelor degree.
Salary: 40k annual

Kid

We moved back this year as we are planning on setting up our family in SG. Wife used to work in Taiwan in a US based company (currently employed on maternity leave) and I left my job in Taiwan to relocate to SG after getting my LTVP (approved in 3 days). Currently taking my NUS MBA on an MOE full scholarship and got a job in a bank in Singapore this year, and child was born this year as a SC. First time applying with sponsorship from my wife. TIA~
Will get it this time or maximum next attempt.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 27 Sep 2021 3:13 am

omshastry wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

In my personal view, there are lots of applicants who got it approved directly by applying it themselves rather than going via an agency.
And I agree. I have not hired any agency's services. Nor planning to. My 3rd PR rejection came in yesterday btw. But didn't have too high hopes anyways (Only 4yrs in the country, Indian, and working in a bank, and have a girl child only).
Some engage agencies to do the work for them because the process can be pretty complex and daunting, but if you are careful and meticulous, getting it done on your own should be no problem.

nameless_faceless

Post by nameless_faceless » Mon, 27 Sep 2021 4:44 pm

Hi all,

Just adding another profile/data point for evaluation of chances,

Race : Indian
Education : Bachelor of Technology in Computer science from a deemed university in India
My qualifications include: CFA Level 2 candidate
Experience: 12+ years as a software engineer, currently working as a senior engineer in a foreign MNC. Always been in banks throughout my career.
Length of stay in SG : 7 years, have completed all IRAS tax cyles
Salary : Basic $150K+ & (Bonus + Employer CPF (~40k))
Pass : E-Pass

Dependants Info:

WIFE
Education : Bachelors of Science in Commerce
Length of Stay: 12 years, 5 years as a DP, was on WP before for 7 years.
Experience: Housewife
Pass: DP

Married here in ROM 4-5 years back & have 2 kids now

Kid 1: Girl born in Philippines, 3+ years, studying here in Local SG Childcare
Kid 2: Boy born in SG, 2 months old

Mother
Race : Indian
Education : Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of education
Length of Stay: 1.5+ years
Experience: Retired Teacher
Pass: LTVP

More info:
I don't have any other family anywhere, as my father passed away when i was 15 and i am a single child.
Applied PR in May 2020, when i had 1 kid, Rejected, because of data entry error in the application where i erroneously inputted 2 fields related to my daughters birth place and country. Rejection came exactly at 5 months and 3 weeks around last week of october.
Have lived in many neighbourhoods of SG in the west & central throughout my stay of 7 years here, hdb, condos of sg.
Occasional volunteering for SG govt digital programmes (with records to show if needed).
Recently achieved 2nd place in an org wide contest across diff countries & recognized by the CIO of my organization for a top application i created.
Have indirect relatives in UK.

We’re planning to re-apply soon.. Any pointers, suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Post by Myasis Dragon » Tue, 28 Sep 2021 4:16 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 27 Sep 2021 3:13 am
omshastry wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Some engage agencies to do the work for them because the process can be pretty complex and daunting, but if you are careful and meticulous, getting it done on your own should be no problem.
If the applicant cannot figure out the application and online submission process, I'm going to guess that they're not really cut out for permanent residency anyway.

The actual PR application form and submission process is quite straightforward. Any agency can do nothing more than parrot back what the applicant tells them... anything else is lying. It's a big waste of money, and the fraudulent buggers imply that they have an inside track to PR. It's BS.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Tue, 28 Sep 2021 11:37 am

sms has said multiple times that the PR application form is quite straightforward that even N Level holders can fill it.

IMO, if you can read and write English, you can fill in the form easily. If you’re illiterate, then maybe one can use the agency.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Tue, 28 Sep 2021 11:43 am

I agree - from experience, the PR application form is more than straight forward. You have to be quite retarded to hire an agency for that.

On a somewhat related note, I know this guy who hired a lawyer for a couple of thousand dollars to apply for a PR in New Zealand which is probably equally straightforward and for which he was successful. All our friends pretty much told him that it was a waste of money - that's pretty much how it is in most countries.

blackbag

Post by blackbag » Tue, 28 Sep 2021 1:59 pm

Hi all,

Longtime visitor here, and wanted to assess my unique circumstances, and get some feedback from you all.

Nationality: Bangladesh
Religion: Buddhist
Education: Computer Science (UK)
Working for: Singapore Government Agency (Dealing with Public Health)
Living for: 3 years
Marital Status: Single
Salary: 7-7.5K

I am aware of my nationality/origin-based ethnic quota challenge. Anything else I should improve? Thank you in advance :D