Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bagush

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by bagush » Sat, 11 Jun 2022 12:32 pm

Hello people,

I was planning to submit my PR application this week and needed one advice
My present employer issued me a current employer letter which is not in the format wanted by ICA
It doesn't mention my past 6omthe salary , but only my title , current salary and employment date. It is indeed addressed to controller of immigration.
They asked me to use the salary slips to show Past 6 month's pay.
I am afraid it might jeopardize my application. Any advise on this would be very helpful

bagush

Post by bagush » Sat, 11 Jun 2022 12:32 pm

Hello people,

I was planning to submit my PR application this week and needed one advice
My present employer issued me a current employer letter which is not in the format wanted by ICA
It doesn't mention my past 6omthe salary , but only my title , current salary and employment date. It is indeed addressed to controller of immigration.
They asked me to use the salary slips to show Past 6 month's pay.
I am afraid it might jeopardize my application. Any advise on this would be very helpful

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Sat, 11 Jun 2022 1:26 pm

^ Just go ahead and manually attach your past 6 months payslip together with the letter of employment. Many people do that.

Your company could be using a HR software to generate such letters and it might not allow any customisation to include the past 6 months.

bagush

Post by bagush » Sat, 11 Jun 2022 7:54 pm

Thanks @MOCHS for your prompt advise. Will follow the same

shad0w

Post by shad0w » Sun, 19 Jun 2022 8:48 pm

Hi All,

Been lurking this forum for a while and i found that this thread gives a very good information.
Now, it's my time to contribute back. I just got my PR approved, below is the data point
I applied with my wife,

Race/Ethnicity: Chinese Indonesian
Education: US Master's Degree
Job: Cyber Security Technical Sales
Salary: ~200K
Duration of stay in Singapore when applying for PR: 3years+ (3x Income Tax Assessment)

Spouse (on DP)
Education: Australia Bachelor Degree
Job: NA

The PR process takes about 16 months, I applied on 2021, on the 15 months, I did message ICA asking for update, they replied promptly saying that it's still in process and one month later the result is out.

All in all, i guess be patience and keep the hopes low. Another information, I did not use any agents nor i provide too much additional details during the application, I just give whatever it's being required. To @bagush, I did manually attach the 6 months payslip separately as well. It should not be an issue.

Now i do have qns, since now my wife is a PR, i was wondering whether she can apply LTVP for her mom? I am a bit concern cause she does not have any income tax (not working) or CPF contribution . I do see that, there is an option to submit spouse income tax statement. Hope someone can shed light on this.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 20 Jun 2022 9:05 am

shad0w wrote:
Sun, 19 Jun 2022 8:48 pm
Hi All,

Been lurking this forum for a while and i found that this thread gives a very good information.
Now, it's my time to contribute back. I just got my PR approved, below is the data point
I applied with my wife,

Education: US Master's Degree
Job: Cyber Security Technical Sales
Salary: ~200K
Duration of stay in Singapore when applying for PR: 3years+ (3x Income Tax Assessment)

Spouse (on DP)
Education: Australia Bachelor Degree
Job: NA

The PR process takes about 16 months, I applied on 2021, on the 15 months, I did message ICA asking for update, they replied promptly saying that it's still in process and one month later the result is out.

All in all, i guess be patience and keep the hopes low. Another information, I did not use any agents nor i provide too much additional details during the application, I just give whatever it's being required. To @bagush, I did manually attach the 6 months payslip separately as well. It should not be an issue.

Now i do have qns, since now my wife is a PR, i was wondering whether she can apply LTVP for her mom? I am a bit concern cause she does not have any income tax (not working) or CPF contribution . I do see that, there is an option to submit spouse income tax statement. Hope someone can shed light on this.
She can apply for LTVP for her mom.

yuntai

Post by yuntai » Thu, 23 Jun 2022 10:55 pm

Dear experts here

It passed 6months since i applied for PR i Dec'21. Wondering the chance of me getting PR.

Race: Japanese
Marital Status: Married with 5yrs old son (added my wife & son in the application)
Education: Master in Chemical engineering in Japan & Master of Business Admission from NUS
Job: manager in FAANG
Length of stay in Singapore: 5 years
Total Job Experience: 9+ years
Salary: 160k+
Pass: EP
PR Application: First time

Thank you!

insomnia360

Post by insomnia360 » Mon, 27 Jun 2022 1:09 pm

insomnia360 wrote:
Sat, 29 Jan 2022 3:43 pm
Hi guys, I've read through a number of pages here, and felt that I might have made mistakes in applying for my wife PR too soon.

I'm not sure if this has bearing but here's my profile

Race: Local Indian
Nationality: Singaporean
Profession: Accountant
Salary: (current) 96K PA

Wife
Race: Indian
Nationality: India
Profession: HomeMaker
Married since: Feb 2020 in Singapore
Current Status: LTVP since June 2020

We just started trying for kids. Why I said I made a mistake was because I applied PR for her circa July 2021, when some posts here recommended to wait 2 years or more at least.. whereas it's only been a year and a half roughly when I applied. Also my salary when I applied was way lower, I was at a small singapore startup (42k p.a) with equity options, but since moved on from there.
Hello everyone,

I'd just like to update folks here that we've received approval! Words can't explain how we feel at this moment.

Thanks everyone for the advice and the numerous posts that I read that answered my questions regarding what I should expect, calming myself down when it took a while etc. This place is a treasure trove of information and has amazing contributors dishing out great advice. :D :D :D

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Mon, 27 Jun 2022 1:33 pm

insomnia360 wrote:
Mon, 27 Jun 2022 1:09 pm
insomnia360 wrote:
Hi guys, I've read through a number of pages here, and felt that I might have made mistakes in applying for my wife PR too soon.

Wife

We just started trying for kids. Why I said I made a mistake was because I applied PR for her circa July 2021, when some posts here recommended to wait 2 years or more at least.. whereas it's only been a year and a half roughly when I applied. Also my salary when I applied was way lower, I was at a small singapore startup (42k p.a) with equity options, but since moved on from there.
Hello everyone,

I'd just like to update folks here that we've received approval! Words can't explain how we feel at this moment.

Thanks everyone for the advice and the numerous posts that I read that answered my questions regarding what I should expect, calming myself down when it took a while etc. This place is a treasure trove of information and has amazing contributors dishing out great advice. :D :D :D
Congrats. I think you proved once again that integration is one of the factors that they consider to be very important.

lialechtka

Post by lialechtka » Mon, 27 Jun 2022 4:04 pm

Dear experts,

Could you please give me a view on our chances for PR application?
Date of application: Nov 2021
Date of ethnicity prove documents request: Feb 2022. Since then no news...

Main applicant:
Race: Chinese
Citizenship: French
Marital Status: Married
Education: Master in computer science
Job: Trading IT in a Bank
Length of stay in Singapore: since Sep 2019
Salary: 250k+

Spouse:
Race: Caucasian
Citizenship: British
Education: Master in computer science and Master in Finance
Job: Business Development in Financial Services Consulting
Length of stay in Singapore: since Oct 2019

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Mon, 27 Jun 2022 6:01 pm

lialechtka wrote:
Mon, 27 Jun 2022 4:04 pm
Dear experts,

Main applicant:

Spouse:
You didn’t mention how long you’ve been married for and whether there are any children.

Pro: Your race has the most quota

Cons: Your wife’s race has the least quota, your ages, salary is a bit high that ICA might feel you two could be a flight risk and parachute to another country at the lure of better pay.

Chances lean toward low unless senior members of the forum are able to give a more positive outlook on your profile.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 Jun 2022 1:27 am

I'd say 60 to 70% base on the fact that while close, neither has breached the 40 year old point, yet. His ethnicity will probably more than offset his nationality and as noted, If he's the main applicant. The spouse, while equal footing either case, has a low quota and I don't believe it is given much weightage as the Main applicant. They are considered as flight risks but I betting his ethnicity will offset that. I'd buy a ticket and take the chance, but only if they have already had an EP renewal and not on the initial EP. Otherwise, wait until after the EP is renewed the first time, then apply. I wish them good luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 28 Jun 2022 2:09 am

insomnia360 wrote:
Mon, 27 Jun 2022 1:09 pm
insomnia360 wrote:

Wife

Hello everyone,

Congrats!

lialechtka

Post by lialechtka » Tue, 28 Jun 2022 4:15 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 28 Jun 2022 1:27 am
I'd say 60 to 70% base on the fact that while close, neither has breached the 40 year old point, yet. His ethnicity will probably more than offset his nationality and as noted, If he's the main applicant. The spouse, while equal footing either case, has a low quota and I don't believe it is given much weightage as the Main applicant. They are considered as flight risks but I betting his ethnicity will offset that. I'd buy a ticket and take the chance, but only if they have already had an EP renewal and not on the initial EP. Otherwise, wait until after the EP is renewed the first time, then apply. I wish them good luck.
Super, that is reinsuring. Our EP has been renewed for 3 years in summer 2021. Thank you!

lialechtka

Post by lialechtka » Tue, 28 Jun 2022 4:17 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Mon, 27 Jun 2022 6:01 pm
lialechtka wrote:
Mon, 27 Jun 2022 4:04 pm
Dear experts,

Main applicant:

Spouse:
You didn’t mention how long you’ve been married for and whether there are any children.

Pro: Your race has the most quota

Cons: Your wife’s race has the least quota, your ages, salary is a bit high that ICA might feel you two could be a flight risk and parachute to another country at the lure of better pay.

Chances lean toward low unless senior members of the forum are able to give a more positive outlook on your profile.
Sorry for not mentioning marriage length and kids. No kids yet and married in Singapore last summer