Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 14 Jul 2022 10:52 pm

It doesn't have any bearing on PR, that is for sure. I've never filled out an application for SGC. Is there a question there that specifically asks for home ownership? If it does, then it will have 'some' bearing on it, but how much is a different question in terms of weightage given. If it is not specifically asked for then it will have no bearing at all.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Thu, 14 Jul 2022 11:08 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 14 Jul 2022 10:52 pm
It doesn't have any bearing on PR, that is for sure. I've never filled out an application for SGC. Is there a question there that specifically asks for home ownership? If it does, then it will have 'some' bearing on it, but how much is a different question in terms of weightage given. If it is not specifically asked for then it will have no bearing at all.
You'd be surprised to know that they don't even actually ask for your address when you fill out the application. Why? My guess is because they can simply/easily retrieve your mailing/residential address as it is tied to your NRIC. Whether you're a homeowner or live in a rental unit, that information is also available to them easily (through IRAS, CPF and URA).

It's like how they don't ask for your tax assessments anymore, but we know it matters and has a bearing.

So does home ownership for SC applications have any bearing? We can only guess...

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 14 Jul 2022 11:44 pm

mystic_river wrote:
Thu, 14 Jul 2022 10:04 pm
Interesting. I was never really sure if buying a property has any effect on PR/citizenship applications, if at all. Do you reckon it helps for citizenship applications specifically? After all it’s a lot easier/cheaper to buy a house when you’re a PR.

I bought my own condo back in 2017. Wondering if that has any positive impact on my SC application.
Property for SC - will surely have some value - show intentions that you are staying here (atleast my view - but SMS may say you may sell it anytime and leave O:) )

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Fri, 15 Jul 2022 2:06 am

I want to say that it's harder to leave when you are a citizen, but I know that someone who has taken the trouble to come this far in another country will already have the will to live elsewhere if he wants or needs to :)

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Fri, 15 Jul 2022 9:23 am

smoulder wrote:
Fri, 15 Jul 2022 2:06 am
I want to say that it's harder to leave when you are a citizen, but I know that someone who has taken the trouble to come this far in another country will already have the will to live elsewhere if he wants or needs to :)
I was brought here against my will as an 11 year old by my parents so no, I don’t have the will to move again anywhere else :mrgreen:

lialechtka

Post by lialechtka » Fri, 15 Jul 2022 7:14 pm

Dear all,

I want to share some feedback. I have finally the letter in the post and it is YES :D
So want to share the timeline and some facts that may be helpful to others.

Date of application: Nov 2021
Date of ethnicity prove documents request: Feb 2022
Date of reply : July 2022
Total time: 7 months
Documents submitted: Just what was required. We didn't add any additional information/motivation letter or anything to try to enhance our application. Just the minimum required.

Main applicant:
Race: Chinese
Citizenship: French
Marital Status: Married
Education: Master in computer science
Job: Trading IT in a Bank
Length of stay in Singapore: since Sep 2019
Salary: 250k+
Pass: EP
Children : No
Marriage date: August 2021
PR Application: First time

Spouse:
Race: Caucasian
Citizenship: British
Education: Master in computer science and Master in Finance
Job: Business Development in Financial Services Consulting
Length of stay in Singapore: since Oct 2019
Salary: 250k+
Marriage date: August 2021

RajiRaj

Post by RajiRaj » Sat, 16 Jul 2022 2:36 am

MY FAMILY SPR JOURNEY [ first time posting in this form, so far only reading as most of my questions I had time to time were answered by moderators here, now created my account to add my 2 cents ]

Attempt 6th.
I am INDIA CITIZEN Staying and working in SG since Jan 2010.
Married in 2011 to Indian Citizen in India and brought spouse along on dependent pass on very next month of marriage and thereafter Spouse is also the residence of SG throughout.

Spouse network and participate in local CC activities and volunteer along with local organisations ( no employment and earnings, just a hobby work for her )

1st son born in INDIA in 2012 and brought along on DP
Applied PR in 2013 1st time
2nd Son born in INDIA 2014 and brought along on DP
Applied PR in 2015(2nd) and 2016(3rd).
Spouse started working in Local firm in 2018 on EP
Applied PR in 2018(4th) , 2020(5th)
** Every rejection took 7-10 month, I did not wait for 1-2 yr for reapplication but just for renewal of my EP, Passport, tax submission etc only.

2021 June ( 6th and Successful attempt)
Approved in May 2022
Qualification ( self) : B.Tech ( Computers Science ) , One of the oldest and Top Regional universities ( don’t think it matters as several unsuccessful attempts, mentioning to making it a point).
Total Work exp: 17 years
Job Profile: Technology Delivery Manager in an IT company( Japan Based, less than 500 employees in SG , 70% foreign ).
Remuneration at time of Application ( June 2021): 120k+

SRS contribution of 15K per year from 2016,2017,2018,2019 ( hence less tax paid ).
Stoped SRS contri in 2020 and 2021 to have more liquidity during pandemic and upcoming rainy/recession days , paid full tax ( idea was to contribute to national treasury at bad time , this is a family trait , my forefather followed and instructed to me and siblings to spend /consume less and give to the nation during war or any calamity time , but point here is this had elevated my graph of income tax payments in past 2 years wrt to previous one , though income increase was just 5-7% only per year ).

Doing regular accounted and unaccounted ( anonymous) donations to SG societies from the day I started earning in Singapore , I know it does not matter for SPR application as none of the previous attempts was success , mentioning to proving this point .

Spouse:
Education: Masters in Computers from Indian University
Income: 110K+
No SRS etc , paying full tax from 2018 onwards

Kids ( 2 son ) studying in public school from 2021 and 2022 onwards respectively, both got admitted to public school while clearing AEIS exam, I consider this as a significant change wrt to my last application.

Extra Info
Joined another company with 25% salary increase in march 2022 (SPR application was pending since 10 months )as Sr Tech Architect (did not inform to ICA as the thought of doing in case of rejection or after 6th month with 6 salary slips ).

Got email from ICA in April 2nd week asking ..
A) last 4 month salary slip ( not 3 or 6 , specifically 4 , strong feeling they know about my job change and want to validate if any gap month for income ) : I gave 1 month of new company and 3 month of old company, just simple upload at the specific section without explaining anything else regarding job change , new salary package etc etc .

B) Education proof for my sons ( school letter or report card etc ) : I gave both school letter and a report card ( their reports make me feel proud and I want to flash that :) ) , Also I wrote a cover letter addressing ICA officer while giving details ( to the point only ) of my sons admission via AEIS along with school letters and scan copy of results ( all in the same pdf ) for both kids in their respective section.

May 4th : Doc upload drop-down disappear.
May 20th : after 1:30 Am ( actually may 21st ) , ICA portal was showing approved ( I know its after 1:30 am, seems some daily scheduled batch etc updated it as was checking it every 30 min in those 3-4 days )
May 23: Got mail ( physical ) in my mailbox with IPA, the date mentioned was 16th May( but online was not updated from 16th till 21st May) .

Post that is it a tale to tell in another respective topic, however for those formalities as well this forum was a great and I think only help I had :)

MANY MANY THANKS FOR THE ARCHIVES AND WISDOM OF THIS FORUM MODERATORS.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 16 Jul 2022 2:22 pm

Congratulations and I'm glad this forum has been a useful archive of information. It's interesting your short application spans sort of dovetailed with what we preach here, but your SRS trick, the changing of jobs and putting your children into the local school system via AIES was probably the tricks that turned the tide. Glad we could be of some small service! =D> \:D/
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

debcwong

Post by debcwong » Fri, 22 Jul 2022 12:44 am

Hi
Would like to get some advice for a friend
She was malaysian but is now a US citizen and thinking to move back to be closer to family.
She has been working with the same company for last 10 years in the US and is planning to move to the Singapore practice. Wanted to see if she will have a good chance of success in applying for PR after 6 months

Main applicant:
Race: Malaysian Chinese
Citizenship: US Citizen
Marital Status: Single
Education: Bsc Computer Science from malaysia
Job: MRO airline consulting
Length of stay in Singapore: Not started yet
Salary: 140k

Many thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 Jul 2022 2:57 pm

After 6 months? Probably zero. After 2 years? Probably zero. What is she going to bring to Singapore? Not married and even if she gets married, chances of producing offspring? virtually zero. Yes, chosen race here, but not going to be fertile enough for her race to be of any benefit. I know this sounds hard, but it is what it is.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 22 Jul 2022 11:58 pm

RajiRaj wrote:
Sat, 16 Jul 2022 2:36 am
MY FAMILY SPR JOURNEY [ first time posting in this form, so far only reading as most of my questions I had time to time were answered by moderators here, now created my account to add my 2 cents ]
Congratulations!!! and hats off to your perseverance especially the SRS part and sending kids to AEIS.

Hope11

Post by Hope11 » Wed, 03 Aug 2022 12:42 am

Hope11 wrote:
Sat, 02 Jul 2022 1:50 am
Hello,

It has been around 20 months of our PR application.
Normally I check status once in a week with positive expectation from past 1 year.

Should I continue to wait or its good idea to ask status update from ICA?
Also, please assist me how should I ask update about my application?

Thanks
Hello SF, SMS, others
Please help me - whether keeping patience is good idea or should I ask update from ICA?

Thanks

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Wed, 03 Aug 2022 8:06 am

Just be patient and keep waiting. Some people got their results after 24 months. Longest we’ve seen is 26 or 27 months. Even if you pass 27 months, just wait.

hello_world

Post by hello_world » Thu, 11 Aug 2022 8:41 pm

Hello wise ones! This forum has been a great source of guide on managing expectations and I am grateful for that :)

I'd say my profile looks very similar to the numerous others who have posted on this forum, so yep quota & competition works against us and have set our expectations as such. We do a bit of volunteering as and when we get a chance, but then going by the earlier posts, doesn't add much weight.
But one nice thing that happened this year - I got a patent approved and that tech would be used for an application by a local gov agency. Wondering if I should email ICA to give them a heads-up about this + the recent works I am doing with the government agencies? TBH this is a paid work and I'm not doing this for free, but it does integrate well into the Smart Nation goals. Appreciate your suggestions on this.

Main applicant:
Race: Indian
Citizenship: Indian
Education: MS, USA
Job: Robotics lead at an MNC.
Length of stay in Singapore: 9yrs
Salary: 180k++

Spouse:
Education: MBA in Finance, India
Job: Finance manager at an MNC
Length of stay in Singapore: 5yrs
Salary: 180k++

Child:
Pass: DP since birth

Application 1: Applied pre-marriage late 2016, added recommendations from my managers (SC, SPR), informed mid 2017 (via email) on my change in marital status, rejected late 2017.

Application 2: Applied late 2019 (with wife and kid) after we had our kid, added recommendations from my managers (SC, SPR), received request for family CV about a year later in 2020, rejected in Jan 2021. TBH I was hopeful here as our family (both mine and my wife's) are self-employed with their own business in a Tier-1 city in India, so low risk of importing the village here...

Application 3 (pending): Applied Jun 2021 (with wife and kid), since we both moved to new roles, with higher base pay. (plain applications, did not add any recommendation letters this time around)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Aug 2022 9:45 pm

In theory as the patent was granted after the application was submitted, it normally wouldn't be useful. However, in this instance, I would give it a shot anyway as it cannot hurt but may well help. I say this only because of the link to things the government is looking for and if it's your name on the patent and not you employers alone. Then I'd say give it a shot & Good Luck.