Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 11 Jul 2022 1:19 am

yuntai wrote:
Sun, 10 Jul 2022 9:43 pm
yuntai wrote:
Thu, 23 Jun 2022 10:55 pm
Dear experts here

It passed 6months since i applied for PR i Dec'21. Wondering the chance of me getting PR.

Race: Japanese
Marital Status: Married with 5yrs old son (added my wife & son in the application)
Education: Master in Chemical engineering in Japan & Master of Business Admission from NUS
Job: manager in FAANG
Length of stay in Singapore: 5 years
Total Job Experience: 9+ years
Salary: 160k+
Pass: EP
PR Application: First time

Thank you!
Could anybody advice for this case?
I'd think possibly more than a 50:50 chance but how much better I'd be afraid to hazard a guess. We've not had a lot of anecdotal evidence from the Japanese community on this board so don't really have any sort of trend or feel. But having said that, your qualification look excellent and you've been here the right amount of time with a decent salary. The only difficulty is that you will probably be put into the Others category which has the smallest quota and all who are not Chinese, Indian or Malay fall into the Others category. So meeting the qualifications is easy but you are not competing with the criteria but against everybody else who is also qualified, criteria-wise. So ICA can pick and choose. Wish you the best.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

FutureHope

Post by FutureHope » Mon, 11 Jul 2022 1:29 am

Hello everyone can advise on my case?

Nationality: Vietnamese, Race: Vietnamese
Age 26
length of stay in Sg: 12 Years (Since sec 2)
Education: O lvl (local secondary), Diploma( Local Poly)
Currently pursuing a degree in local Uni

I had applied PR previously n 2017 but was rejected and this is my second time

Thank you everyone!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 11 Jul 2022 3:57 pm

FutureHope wrote:
Mon, 11 Jul 2022 1:29 am

Age 26

Thank you everyone!
If you applied the first time was it in response to an invitation by ICA to apply for PR while you were still in the Poly? If not, Do you have at least 2 years of employment since you finished your diploma? If neither of the above you odds of getting PR whilst still in Uni are virtually zero. Ideally if you weren't invited to apply directly by ICA while still in a tertiary education stream than you need at a minimum of 2 years of work experience. Even then, your odds are slim as unless you are a documented Chinese Vietnamese and not the majority Kinh. Traditionally it has been hard for Vietnamese to get PR here since the 1970s. But it has been loosening up over the past decade but not a lot. I know and have employed a number here and only a handful have been successful with PR, while getting an EP is reasonably doable.

I wouldn't bet too much on you having your current application being successful and had you been on the board earlier I would have told you to postpone you 2nd application until after you finished Uni and worked for two years on a EP. But I wish you luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 11 Jul 2022 4:35 pm

FutureHope wrote:
Mon, 11 Jul 2022 1:29 am

Age 26

Thank you everyone!
Finish uni, work for 2 years and apply - You will get it.

Shurikentan

Post by Shurikentan » Tue, 12 Jul 2022 5:10 am

MOCHS wrote:
Thu, 07 Jul 2022 8:20 am
You didn’t post marital status, age, nationality and race which are key criteria too.

High pay does not mean auto PR at all. ICA looks at those who have integrated into SG and willing to sink roots here.

I’m a citizen in the same industry as you and successfully sponsored PR for my foreigner husband. My pay isn’t 100K either. Of course, all applications are on a case by case basis.
My apologies, here are the details:
Single, 29 Male, Malaysian
Job: Biotechnologist/Production technician in Big Pharma
Education: Bachelor in Biomedical Sciences & Diploma in Biotechnology
Length of stay since 2014
Studied in local polytechnic 2011-2014, work near 3 years under Work permit, followed by private university degree (student pass),1 year unemployed reside in malaysia, followed by 3 years work under Employment Pass now.

Dont have any proof of social/sports activities in singapore, afraid this might hurt my chances, any advice?

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Tue, 12 Jul 2022 2:49 pm

Shurikentan wrote:
Tue, 12 Jul 2022 5:10 am
My apologies, here are the details:
Single, 29 Male, Malaysian
Job: Biotechnologist/Production technician in Big Pharma
Education: Bachelor in Biomedical Sciences & Diploma in Biotechnology
Length of stay since 2014
Studied in local polytechnic 2011-2014, work near 3 years under Work permit, followed by private university degree (student pass),1 year unemployed reside in malaysia, followed by 3 years work under Employment Pass now.

Dont have any proof of social/sports activities in singapore, afraid this might hurt my chances, any advice?
You didn’t list down your race, that is also important as PR has racial quota. If you are M’sian Chinese, chances are much higher.

The PR application does not request for social/sports activities, why are you worrying about that?

Just follow what is listed in the application form and do not add unnecessary documents that ICA never ask for.

You can try to apply now, doesn’t hurt. If your PR rejected and you currently have a Singaporean girlfriend, marry her and re-apply after one year of marriage. Having family ties proves you want to sink roots here in SG.

iceblue

Post by iceblue » Wed, 13 Jul 2022 9:24 am

Dear all,

Hope that someone can shed some light on my situation. I have applied PR for my wife in Sept 2021 and until now have not received any updates.

Below are our information and profiles:

Wife:
1) PRC Chinese (F)

2) Spass from April 2019 to Oct 2020

3) LTVP from Oct 2020 till now

4) Current job: Sales Manager in my company

5) IRAS NOA for year 2021: $41k before tax deductions, $37k after deductions

6) Married with me since Sept 2020

7) Singaporean son born in Dec 2021

8) Degree holder from China (Degree cert verified by China academic degree Centre)

9) First marriage

10) Staying with me at my parent's private home (we are waiting for PR approval before buying our own house)

Me:
1) SG Chinese (M)

2) Current job: Company Director of 2 companies (my wife is working in one of them as a sales manager)

3) IRAS NOA for year 2021: $220k before deductions, $185k after deductions

4) NUS degree

5) First marriage with wife since Sept 2020

6) Singaporean son born in Dec 2021

7) Staying with me at my parent's private home (we are waiting for PR approval before buying our own house)

Based on the above, what are our chances? No news since we applied in Sept 2021 and my wife's LTVP is set to expire in Oct this year, I have already applied for renewal since May 2022 and still no news for both till now

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Wed, 13 Jul 2022 10:59 am

iceblue wrote:
Wed, 13 Jul 2022 9:24 am
Based on the above, what are our chances? No news since we applied in Sept 2021 and my wife's LTVP is set to expire in Oct this year, I have already applied for renewal since May 2022 and still no news for both till now

Chances seem good. Just keep waiting. Some PR applications can take 12 to 24 months.

If you look through the forum, LTVP applications/renewal this year are also taking a long time to process as well, about 3 to 4 months.

Mrsalt

Post by Mrsalt » Thu, 14 Jul 2022 12:08 pm

Dear all

Long time lurker first time poster. Would like your help to evaluate my chance for pr:

Race: Vietnamese Kinh
Nationality: Vietnamese
Rela: single
Current job: Senior R&D engineer in established aircraft MRO company - now 3 years 3 months under E pass
Length of stay: Since 2015
Edu: Bachelor (hons) from NUS.
Salary: 60k annual.

I never applied for PR yet. This would b the first time.

Not sure if worth anything but my current company can get E pass quite fast (~ 2 weeks after application for me when i first join) even if my start salary is lower than gahmen’s requirement at the time.

Thank you all 🙏

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 14 Jul 2022 4:32 pm

Mrsalt wrote:
Thu, 14 Jul 2022 12:08 pm
Dear all

Long time lurker first time poster. Would like your help to evaluate my chance for pr:

Current job: Senior R&D engineer in established aircraft MRO company - now 3 years 3 months under E pass

Not sure if worth anything but my current company can get E pass quite fast (~ 2 weeks after application for me when i first join) even if my start salary is lower than gahmen’s requirement at the time.

Thank you all 🙏
Low chance in my view. Improve salary and apply after 2 years?

Mrsalt

Post by Mrsalt » Thu, 14 Jul 2022 4:53 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 14 Jul 2022 4:32 pm
Mrsalt wrote:
Dear all

Thank you all 🙏
By your estimation how much salary would be ok? Is there any other way to improve my chances (aside from marrying local)?
I know the race card is against me… not sure have seen a VNmese not married to local get pr yet these days

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 14 Jul 2022 5:07 pm

Mrsalt wrote:
Thu, 14 Jul 2022 4:53 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Mrsalt wrote:
Dear all

Thank you all 🙏
By your estimation how much salary would be ok? Is there any other way to improve my chances (aside from marrying local)?
I know the race card is against me… not sure have seen a VNmese not married to local get pr yet these days
90-120K would be decent

Pros : Education in SG, R&D, Duration in SG (not working duration)
Cons : Ethnicity, Salary

Mrsalt

Post by Mrsalt » Thu, 14 Jul 2022 5:29 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 14 Jul 2022 5:07 pm
Mrsalt wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

90-120K would be decent

Thank you for the rep
Does getting a chinese language certification or buying a house here improve chances?
Also would you recommend waiting for better salary and apply or just apply first then if fail apply later. Im a bit worried will be blacklisted if apply too early.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 14 Jul 2022 6:06 pm

Mrsalt wrote:
Thu, 14 Jul 2022 5:29 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 14 Jul 2022 5:07 pm
Mrsalt wrote:

90-120K would be decent

Thank you for the rep
Does getting a chinese language certification or buying a house here improve chances?
Also would you recommend waiting for better salary and apply or just apply first then if fail apply later. Im a bit worried will be blacklisted if apply too early.
House - over long term - yes, shor term - no
Chinese language certification - I dont think so. Many have got it without this
There is nothing like blacklisting for PR unless you do something illegal in SG or elsewhere

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Thu, 14 Jul 2022 10:04 pm

Interesting. I was never really sure if buying a property has any effect on PR/citizenship applications, if at all. Do you reckon it helps for citizenship applications specifically? After all it’s a lot easier/cheaper to buy a house when you’re a PR.

I bought my own condo back in 2017. Wondering if that has any positive impact on my SC application.