Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
smoulder
Editor
Editor

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by smoulder » Fri, 08 Oct 2021 9:28 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 08 Oct 2021 9:20 am
smoulder wrote:
Thu, 07 Oct 2021 11:02 pm
Through your local MP. They have these meet the people sessions - find out who and where and walk in on the day. Usually it's open to spouses of Singapore citizens (to appeal PR or citizenship rejection). But keep in mind, there is no anecdotal evidence of success via application after appealing.

PS - I did appeal my rejection a couple of years ago - it was rejected again a month later.
Not really. You can write in your own letter on why you are appealing. What are the reasons with supported documents if any.
Regardless, the chances of being approved after appealing are next to nothing. Not worth the effort. Also, I wonder what's the benefit to the MP to appeal on behalf of someone with no Singapore ties.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 08 Oct 2021 9:53 am

smoulder wrote:
Fri, 08 Oct 2021 9:28 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 08 Oct 2021 9:20 am
smoulder wrote:
Thu, 07 Oct 2021 11:02 pm
Through your local MP. They have these meet the people sessions - find out who and where and walk in on the day. Usually it's open to spouses of Singapore citizens (to appeal PR or citizenship rejection). But keep in mind, there is no anecdotal evidence of success via application after appealing.

PS - I did appeal my rejection a couple of years ago - it was rejected again a month later.
Not really. You can write in your own letter on why you are appealing. What are the reasons with supported documents if any.
Regardless, the chances of being approved after appealing are next to nothing. Not worth the effort. Also, I wonder what's the benefit to the MP to appeal on behalf of someone with no Singapore ties.
My answer was mainly to say appeals need not be via only MP's. Chances of appeal are very slim unless something changed drastically during the application processing or something major was missed to be declared in the application

Tay Za

Post by Tay Za » Fri, 08 Oct 2021 11:47 am

Thanks for all explanation... may i know which channel to submit my own appeal letter.. via email or by post? Sorry i totally not sure as never submit appeal before.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Fri, 08 Oct 2021 12:05 pm

Save yourself the time and effort.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 08 Oct 2021 1:53 pm

Tay Za wrote:
Fri, 08 Oct 2021 11:47 am
Thanks for all explanation... may i know which channel to submit my own appeal letter.. via email or by post? Sorry i totally not sure as never submit appeal before.
You can submit by post or email, but likely outcome will remain the same. is it ok?

Tay Za

Post by Tay Za » Sat, 09 Oct 2021 12:45 pm

Thanks for advise .... decided not to submit :???:

isabelvanessa

Post by isabelvanessa » Sun, 10 Oct 2021 3:03 pm

Hi,please help me,do i need to inform ica that i change job while my application is pending btw my husband is my sponsor SC.
Thank You

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 11 Oct 2021 8:47 am

isabelvanessa wrote:
Sun, 10 Oct 2021 3:03 pm
Hi,please help me,do i need to inform ica that i change job while my application is pending btw my husband is my sponsor SC.
Thank You

Yes

isabelvanessa

Post by isabelvanessa » Mon, 11 Oct 2021 9:00 am

Thank You

nameless_faceless

Post by nameless_faceless » Thu, 14 Oct 2021 1:02 am

PartyLike-A-Russian wrote:
Wed, 06 Oct 2021 11:36 am
nameless_faceless wrote:
Mon, 27 Sep 2021 4:44 pm
Hi all,

Just adding another profile/data point for evaluation of chances,

Race : Indian
Marital Status : Married
Education : Bachelor of Technology in Computer science from a deemed university in India
My qualifications include: CFA Level 2 candidate
Experience: 12+ years as a software engineer, currently working as a senior engineer in a foreign MNC. Always been in banks throughout my career.
Length of stay in SG : 7 years, have completed all IRAS tax cyles
Salary : Basic $150K+ & (Bonus + Employer CPF (~40k))
Pass : E-Pass

Dependants Info:

WIFE
Race : Filipino
Education : Bachelors of Science in Commerce
Length of Stay: 12 years, 5 years as a DP, was on WP before for 7 years.
Experience: Housewife
Pass: DP

Married here in ROM 4-5 years back & have 2 kids now

Kid 1: Girl born in Philippines, 3+ years, studying here in Local SG Childcare
Kid 2: Boy born in SG, 2 months old

Mother
Education : Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of education
Length of Stay: 1.5+ years
Experience: Retired Teacher
Pass: LTVP

More info:
I don't have any other family anywhere, as my father passed away when i was 15 and i am a single child.
Applied PR in May 2020, when i had 1 kid, Rejected, because of data entry error in the application where i erroneously inputted 2 fields related to my daughters birth place and country. Rejection came exactly at 5 months and 3 weeks around last week of october.
Have lived in many neighbourhoods of SG in the west & central throughout my stay of 7 years here, hdb, condos of sg.
Occasional volunteering for SG govt digital programmes (with records to show if needed).
Recently achieved 2nd place in an org wide contest across diff countries & recognized by the CIO of my organization for a top application i created.
Have indirect relatives in UK.

We’re planning to re-apply soon.. Any pointers, suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.
hi nameless_faceless,

How do you know the rejection reason? ICA doesn't disclose it. Instead they send you a vague letter saying:
We regret to let you know your application is unsuccessful. If you are still interested, you could try again after any of your circumstances have changed.
Something like this.
I had reviewed my application 3 days after submitting and discovered that error by chance. So based on that i thought that it may be a cause. And the first line you mentioned was exactly as it is in my rejection letter. It did not say to me to try again after circumstances are changed. Rather it said something like "Meanwhile, You could stay in sg with your family. blah blah"

nameless_faceless

Post by nameless_faceless » Thu, 14 Oct 2021 1:13 am

Wed, 06 Oct 2021 10:07 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 28 Sep 2021 2:09 pm
Honestly? Not going to be easy. However, my gut says why not try at least once. Working in a Gov't agency. and for 3 years the salary seems to be within an okay range. As noted by yourself, ethnicity/nationality might be the biggest stumbling block as you are going to be tossed in the 7.5% 'I' group in CMIO. with huge number of applicants for the least number of vacancies. Other than that, maybe not here long enough, but if it your only employer since arriving it's worth a shot. Just don't bet all your marbles on it.
Hi Sms,

I wonder if growing (position and income) in the same company is better for PR than changing jobs. I think it is as it shows stability of the company and industry and diligence of the candidate. What's your opinion?

You might know that software engineers usually change jobs every 3 years on average. Some do it more often. And it's considered normal.

P.S. And by staying the foreigner doesn't steal new openings from locals :D
Growing (Position) is relatively ok than growing income in the same company. Assuming you are in the same company, over the next 5 years & get atleast 1 promotion, then your salary increase over the 5 years would at max ~30-35% which is not a lot if you rather switch to 2 companies in 5 years as you mentioned SEs usually change every 3 years. So a person earning 150K-200K annually can earn max 200K-270K over the 5 years if he sticks to one company. Is that considered a substantial income growth from a PR application perspective? Do note, this is the best case scenario and a period of 5 years is a big timeframe.

IMHO, i dont think so there is much you can do to grow income by sticking at the same org. Am happy to be corrected

nameless_faceless

Post by nameless_faceless » Thu, 14 Oct 2021 1:17 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 06 Oct 2021 12:30 pm
Wed, 06 Oct 2021 11:36 am

Just adding another profile/data point for evaluation of chances,

Education : Bachelor of Technology in Computer science from a deemed university in India
Experience: 12+ years as a software engineer, currently working as a senior engineer in a foreign MNC. Always been in banks throughout my career.
Length of stay in SG : 7 years, have completed all IRAS tax cyles
Salary : Basic $150K+ & (Bonus + Employer CPF (~40k))
Pass : E-Pass

Dependants Info:

WIFE
Race : Filipino
Education : Bachelors of Science in Commerce
Length of Stay: 12 years, 5 years as a DP, was on WP before for 7 years.
Experience: Housewife
Pass: DP

Married here in ROM 4-5 years back & have 2 kids now

Kid 1: Girl born in Philippines, 3+ years, studying here in Local SG Childcare
Kid 2: Boy born in SG, 2 months old

Mother
Education : Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of education
Length of Stay: 1.5+ years
Experience: Retired Teacher
Pass: LTVP

More info:
I don't have any other family anywhere, as my father passed away when i was 15 and i am a single child.
Applied PR in May 2020, when i had 1 kid, Rejected, because of data entry error in the application where i erroneously inputted 2 fields related to my daughters birth place and country. Rejection came exactly at 5 months and 3 weeks around last week of october.
Have lived in many neighbourhoods of SG in the west & central throughout my stay of 7 years here, hdb, condos of sg.
Occasional volunteering for SG govt digital programmes (with records to show if needed).
Recently achieved 2nd place in an org wide contest across diff countries & recognized by the CIO of my organization for a top application i created.
Have indirect relatives in UK.

We’re planning to re-apply soon.. Any pointers, suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

hi nameless_faceless,

How do you know the rejection reason? ICA doesn't disclose it.
That is just his view or his own assumption.
Yes, i would say rather a fact because i discovered the error, which makes me think, would ICA approve if i was a solid candidate (e.g malaysian chinese, young, educated here etc etc) but made a data entry error in my PR application ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 14 Oct 2021 12:37 pm

If it "makes me think" etc, etc. Then it's only an assumption.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

karanmaroo

Post by karanmaroo » Fri, 15 Oct 2021 4:09 pm

Hello, would just like to check the probability of my PR application getting approved. Thanks all!

Education : B.Tech (Computer Science) and MBA - both from India
Experience: 10 years in the same MNC bank, 6 of which has been in Singapore
Length of stay in SG : 6 years
Salary : Basic SGD 200K & (Bonus + Employer CPF)
Pass : Employment Pass

Dependants Info:

WIFE
Education : B.Com and MBA - both from India
Experience: Been working in an ad agency for the last 1.5 years in SG; before that, worked for a year & then went on a maternity break for 2 years
Salary: Basic SGD 55K & (Bonus)
Pass: Dependent Pass

Married since 2013 and have 1 kid

Kid 1: Boy born in India, 4 years old. Studying in a local church pre-school

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 15 Oct 2021 4:24 pm

karanmaroo wrote:
Fri, 15 Oct 2021 4:09 pm
Hello, would just like to check the probability of my PR application getting approved. Thanks all!

Education : B.Tech (Computer Science) and MBA - both from India
Experience: 10 years in the same MNC bank, 6 of which has been in Singapore
Salary : Basic SGD 200K & (Bonus + Employer CPF)
Pass : Employment Pass

Dependants Info:

WIFE
Education : B.Com and MBA - both from India
Experience: Been working in an ad agency for the last 1.5 years in SG; before that, worked for a year & then went on a maternity break for 2 years
Salary: Basic SGD 55K & (Bonus)
Pass: Dependent Pass

Married since 2013 and have 1 kid

Kid 1: Boy born in India, 4 years old. Studying in a local church pre-school
Have you applied before and what was the status?