Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
peteadmin

PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by peteadmin » Sun, 10 Jan 2021 10:23 am

Hi All. I am going to apply for PR for the first time this year.

Profile:
Job: Data Engineer
Nationality: Vietnamese
Length of stay in Singapore: 6 years
Working in Singapore: 2 years
Annual salary: S$70,000 (EP P1 Holder)
Serving the Tuition Grant bond with MOE Singapore till 08/2023
Qualifications: Master Degree in NUS and Bachelor Degree in another university in Singapore
Letter from my company (an MNC with head office in Germany)

Please help advise my chance of getting PR approval. Thanks All 🙏

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 14 Feb 2021 10:54 pm

Hi there! It’s almost impossible to give an accurate estimate of the chances of approval since every application is judged based on its own merit. For reference, there are roughly 31,000 PR applications granted yearly, so make what you will of that. If you’d like, you can try consulting a local firm to assist with your application. I’m not sure it’ll increase your chances, but at the very least it would take the pain of paperwork away.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Feb 2021 10:37 am

Do NOT use a local consulting firm. You will be just throwing good money away. They cannot put down anything except what you tell them. You don't need them to be high class form-fillers. Any N level holder can fill out the forms. But, to gain PR, I would expect you chances are close to zero until you finish your MOE bond. After that, I still wouldn't rate your chances too high considering you will be competing in the "Others" category. This means everybody who isn't either Chinese, Malay or Indian which all have their own categories. All approvals here are competing with everybody else in their individual ethnic category (and the quotas for each is based on the current racial demographics of Singapore. So that means all the "Others" will be competing for roughly .75~1.5% of the total number of expected new PR for any given years. Other's also include caucasians, hispanics, blacks, Vietnamese, Filippinos, Myanmar, etc.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Mon, 15 Feb 2021 11:39 am

Are people from Pakistan/Bangladesh categorized under “Indians” or “Others” here?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Feb 2021 12:01 pm

Technically, I believe they are considered as Indian, ethnically. Often other factors play as well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 15 Feb 2021 12:12 pm

What SMS is dodging around is the issue of religion. It's Race/Religion that is considered. Singapore is NOT interested in becoming an Islamic nation. Pakistani and Bangladesh applicants will be assumed to be Muslim unless they can show otherwise I'd guess and then there may be some grading internal to ICA between "Radicalized" to "Apathetic" as so their approach to Islam and particular the probability of the applicant attempting proselytization once landed (which is illegal here).
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Mon, 15 Feb 2021 12:37 pm

Ahhh. Considering that I’m a non practicing Muslim, I wonder if apostatizing would help my chances 8-[

Edit for context: I’ve been here since 2001 (local sec sch/jc/uni) and a PR since 2005. But that’s all I have as my strong points. Been rejected for citizenship once

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 15 Feb 2021 12:55 pm

It may. You'd need to do it officially on your IC. If you're registered with MUIS you need to tell them too. You may risk a FATWA (with some form of penalty but presumably not death).

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Feb 2021 1:54 pm

Yeah, mystic & I go all the way back to the same time you changed your nick (well, glitch zapped your old one).

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 15 Feb 2021 3:23 pm

OP - if you can prove you're ethnic Chinese you have a better chance. Time to talk to your relatives about the mysterious past.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Mon, 15 Feb 2021 6:39 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Mon, 15 Feb 2021 12:55 pm
It may. You'd need to do it officially on your IC. If you're registered with MUIS you need to tell them too. You may risk a FATWA (with some form of penalty but presumably not death).
Actually, funnily enough, my IC doesn’t say anything about my religion, even though it lists my race as Pakistani. My passport does however state my religion as Islam.

Another thing that you might find interesting is that my SHG contribution always goes to SINDA, not the Mendaki fund (even though by right as a Muslim I should contribute to the Mendaki fund)

From CPF website:
For the Singapore Indian Development Association (SINDA) Fund, employees refer to all working Indians in Singapore who are Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and Employment Pass holders and are of Indian descent (including Bangladeshis, Bengalis, Parsees, Sikhs, Sinhalese, Telegus, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans, Goanese, Malayalees, Punjabis, Tamils, Gujaratis, Sindhis and all people originating from the Indian sub-continent.)

For the Mosque Building and Mendaki Fund (MBMF), employees refer to all working Muslims in Singapore who are Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and foreign employees either on an Employment Pass or a Work Permit.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 15 Feb 2021 10:49 pm

Thats..... very Modi like. I might add that amoung my colleagues SINDA has a far better reputation for helping students etc regardless of religion whereas Mendaki has a real issue... basically a bunch of nosey judgmental assholes who are extremely tight. I can't go on as it will cause a riot. Maybe over a beer sometime about how much I hate certain aspects of a certain group here.

ICA will have your religion on record - guaranteed. It's no longer put on NRIC's (it used to be so that Muslim's could be buried promptly etc) but it's all in the database.

RamaKrishnaKalaga

Post by RamaKrishnaKalaga » Mon, 15 Mar 2021 3:00 pm

Chances of PR for Indian male : 28 years PG in Engineering from premier tech school, India & Ph D, working in a tech company, and living in Singapore for more than 4 years. What chances of PR?
Last edited by RamaKrishnaKalaga on Thu, 08 Apr 2021 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

the observer
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by the observer » Mon, 15 Mar 2021 7:31 pm

Browse the archives and you’d find the answer.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Mar 2021 8:35 pm

Wait until you have a minimum of 24 consecutive months of employment then you buys yer ticket and takes yer chances. Odds are against you but you do have good credentials considering you came thru one of only two Indian universities that have 'global' recognition and are not just a 'reputed' university that nobody outside of India every heard of. But you need to remember you are competing for the smallest quota that has the largest number of applicants. This makes it rough.