Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
aj321

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by aj321 » Wed, 02 Feb 2022 3:26 pm

My wife was the sponsor and I was the applicant.
Wife Profile: 27, SC, Race: Indian, Salary 40k SGD
Myself: 32, Indian, 108k SGD

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 02 Feb 2022 4:49 pm

Singlove wrote:
Wed, 02 Feb 2022 3:04 pm
Hi,

Would love to understand the chances of my PR in 2022.

Self:
Age-37
Nationality - Indian
5 years in SG
Annual Salary - 400K SGD Fixed + Bonus+ Equity
Industry- Technology
Managing Director and Heading the local team in the region
Total Experience - 15 years
Education- MBA

Spouse
Age-37
Nationality- Indian
Total Experience- 13 years
Annual Salary- 180K SGD + Bonus

Son
Nationality- Indian
Age- 5 years going to an International School

Local Investments in government securities and bonds. No house investment yet.
Not going to be easy

the observer
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by the observer » Wed, 02 Feb 2022 10:28 pm

jgreen22 wrote:
Mon, 31 Jan 2022 1:28 pm
the observer wrote:
Sat, 29 Jan 2022 10:45 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 29 Jan 2022 1:01 am

Like SF says chances are very slim now. Your best bet would be to wait at least a year or two before applying. At least then you would have had a substantial duration of stay in SG which will look much better than a high income expat who could take flight anytime.
Slim now, but better chance than other ethnic groups later on.

With TFR at 0.9 for the Chinese, there’s not many cards left on the table.
What does TFR at .09 for the Chinese mean? How would that affect my chances? Sorry, I am pretty new to the forum.
https://mercatornet.com/singapores-shif ... nce/24877/

EmilyLe

Post by EmilyLe » Fri, 04 Feb 2022 10:40 am

Last edited by EmilyLe on Thu, 10 Feb 2022 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 04 Feb 2022 11:02 am

EmilyLe wrote:
Fri, 04 Feb 2022 10:40 am
Happy Chinese New Year to everyone.

I am new to this forum and seeking advice from all the experts here, especially from @singaporeflyer. Thanks in advance.
I am Malaysian Chinese, 39 years old who came to Singapore in 2006 and worked as a technician with a basic salary of $1.6k to $2k plus. In the past 15 years living in Singapore, I have improved myself and been promoted to Business Development Manager with a basic salary of 98k/year, holding EP now. In 2010 I married my wife (Vietnamese) who has a Master's degree in private University in Singapore and currently working as a Customer Service in a Publisher Company from the UK. I have 2 kids, 10 year old boy is attending Primary local school and has achieved some outstanding academic awards from his school. 2nd kid is 7 years old girl who is attending Primary local school too. Both were born in Malaysia but came to Singapore when they were babies.
All my siblings are Singapore citizens many years ago, only my parents who reside in Johor Malaysia now.
In the past 15 years, we have tried to apply PR a few times. The first attempt in 2008, I applied before marriage. The ICA emailed my company HR to request more details about my family, unfortunately, I was in China for a business trip at that time and she forgot to inform me when I was back (I am not sure if this has caused my application to get rejected). Few years later, our 2nd, 3rd, 4nd...attempts, we applied as a family together and all are not successful.

I feel upset and do not understand why my applications are not successful since I am Malaysian Chinese who lived and worked in Singapore for 15 years and all my sisters, brothers are Singaporean. I also had never committed any crime before.

We have tried to apply again in March 2021 and it's still pending. What are the chances of getting PR for us in your opinion? Do you have any options for why my applications get rejected?
Thanks
Likely mixed ethnicity in the family MAY be a factor for making it tough.
Improve your career path and keep trying.
You will eventually get it, but it will be a little challenging based on the reason i said.

EmilyLe

Post by EmilyLe » Fri, 04 Feb 2022 12:08 pm

Last edited by EmilyLe on Thu, 10 Feb 2022 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 04 Feb 2022 12:11 pm

EmilyLe wrote:
Fri, 04 Feb 2022 12:08 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 04 Feb 2022 11:02 am
EmilyLe wrote:
Fri, 04 Feb 2022 10:40 am
Happy Chinese New Year to everyone.

I am new to this forum and seeking advice from all the experts here, especially from @singaporeflyer. Thanks in advance.
I am Malaysian Chinese, 39 years old who came to Singapore in 2006 and worked as a technician with a basic salary of $1.6k to $2k plus. In the past 15 years living in Singapore, I have improved myself and been promoted to Business Development Manager with a basic salary of 98k/year, holding EP now. In 2010 I married my wife (Vietnamese) who has a Master's degree in private University in Singapore and currently working as a Customer Service in a Publisher Company from the UK. I have 2 kids, 10 year old boy is attending Primary local school and has achieved some outstanding academic awards from his school. 2nd kid is 7 years old girl who is attending Primary local school too. Both were born in Malaysia but came to Singapore when they were babies.
All my siblings are Singapore citizens many years ago, only my parents who reside in Johor Malaysia now.
In the past 15 years, we have tried to apply PR a few times. The first attempt in 2008, I applied before marriage. The ICA emailed my company HR to request more details about my family, unfortunately, I was in China for a business trip at that time and she forgot to inform me when I was back (I am not sure if this has caused my application to get rejected). Few years later, our 2nd, 3rd, 4nd...attempts, we applied as a family together and all are not successful.

I feel upset and do not understand why my applications are not successful since I am Malaysian Chinese who lived and worked in Singapore for 15 years and all my sisters, brothers are Singaporean. I also had never committed any crime before.

We have tried to apply again in March 2021 and it's still pending. What are the chances of getting PR for us in your opinion? Do you have any options for why my applications get rejected?
Thanks
Likely mixed ethnicity in the family MAY be a factor for making it tough.
Improve your career path and keep trying.
You will eventually get it, but it will be a little challenging based on the reason i said.
Thanks, @singaporeflyer, I have read all your comments in this forum and tried to figure out my case, but I have no clue at all. I totally agreed with your mixed ethnicity in the family may be a factor. Besides this, do you think any other reasons?
Quota due to mixed race is the main reason. Salary is another second reason (not a major concern as you are making close to 100K now). Other than that you are good.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Feb 2022 1:41 pm

To be honest, Singapore has always taken a dim view of giving ethnic Vietnamese PR or SGC. It okay for them to be on work passes, but the Vietnam war put a sour taste in the mouths of the government here (for absolutely no good reason). Ever since they have been leery of the Vietnamese communists. I spent 3.5 years in the Vietnam refugees camps working under the UNHCR from 1988~1991 in Singapore (Hawkins Rd), Indonesia (P. Galang) & Malaysia (P. Bidong). It was my job to determine who were Political Refugees (good for resettlement) and Economic Migrants (not eligible for resettlement under UNHCR auspices).

So, my question is where is your Wife originally from? Were her parent/grandparents from the old North VN or from South Vietnam? If she was originally from North Vietnam, there is the possibility that may have had something to do with it (it's happened before with one of my employees (my accounting clerk who was originally from Hanoi.) But they will not come out and tell you this. I know other women from S. Vietnam as well, and eventually they have gotten PR. This might not be the case in you situation, but it is something to think about, depending on where she was from originally. Also, is your wife ethnically Chinese or Vietnamese. (I spent 18 months in VN during the war so am pretty familiar with the whole history there.)

The only advice I can give is keep trying. Hopefully, eventually there will be light at the end of the tunnel.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

EmilyLe

Post by EmilyLe » Fri, 04 Feb 2022 2:06 pm

Last edited by EmilyLe on Thu, 10 Feb 2022 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 05 Feb 2022 3:16 pm

This is one of the two reasons I mentioned. Additionally in addition to the SVN Chinese, the Catholic SVN were highly persecuted after the war as well as they were very pro-US and pro-SVN. I didn't 'live' there but was a AMVET former chopper pilot there from around July 1966 till the 3rd week of Jan 1968. I was returned state-side 1 week before the US got is ass kicked during the 1968 TET offensive. Somebody was definitely looking over my shoulder as I extended 6 months while there in order to take a one year early out from active duty. I hope you and your wife find the light at the end of the tunnel. I've not been back in-country since the war. Da Nang was pretty torn up during the war, but I understand the whole country is beautiful now. I have standing invitations to go back and only recently retired (6 months before Covid hit so travel for the foreseeable future is out.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

streetrat123

Post by streetrat123 » Wed, 09 Feb 2022 11:53 am

Hello, would like to know my chances. My application had been pending for the past 8+ months.

Nationality: Malaysian
Race: Chinese
Education: Bachelor of Social Sciences with Honours from NUS (majored in Economics and Statistics)
Annual Income: SGD42,000 (but will be shifting to new job soon with income of SGD60,000)
Years of working experience: 1 year 9 months
Duration in Singapore: Since 2014 (came to JC on scholarship)

Thing is, I'll be unemployed for 2 weeks next month during my job shift, and my EP will be cancelled during that 2 weeks. I don't know if I should inform ICA of my job change before I leave my current company or after I entered the new company. Appreciate all advice.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 09 Feb 2022 12:00 pm

streetrat123 wrote:
Wed, 09 Feb 2022 11:53 am
Hello, would like to know my chances. My application had been pending for the past 8+ months.

Education: Bachelor of Social Sciences with Honours from NUS (majored in Economics and Statistics)
Annual Income: SGD42,000 (but will be shifting to new job soon with income of SGD60,000)

Thing is, I'll be unemployed for 2 weeks next month during my job shift, and my EP will be cancelled during that 2 weeks. I don't know if I should inform ICA of my job change before I leave my current company or after I entered the new company. Appreciate all advice.
Do it immediately after you leave the current job.

streetrat123

Post by streetrat123 » Thu, 10 Feb 2022 12:44 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 09 Feb 2022 12:00 pm
streetrat123 wrote:

Hmm, another moderator here said that I should wait till I get my first month payslip, else I'll just be creating problems for them. viewtopic.php?t=146363

I'm confused. I guess the procedure is really complicated without proper black and white from ICA.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 10 Feb 2022 12:56 pm

streetrat123 wrote:
Thu, 10 Feb 2022 12:44 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 09 Feb 2022 12:00 pm
streetrat123 wrote:

Hmm, another moderator here said that I should wait till I get my first month payslip, else I'll just be creating problems for them. viewtopic.php?t=146363

I'm confused. I guess the procedure is really complicated without proper black and white from ICA.
They cant give black and white for all N possible scenarios. There is nothing to be confused. Choose Option A or B. 1 month gap is not going to make a big difference.

I still feel you are a bit too early in the application.

claireee

Post by claireee » Thu, 10 Feb 2022 2:40 pm

Hi everyone, my husband and I are looking to apply for PR (1st time application). We got married here in SG last March 2021 and trying to conceive, but I thought we don't have to wait to have a kid before applying because honestly, human anatomy...

Here's our profile, would like to know our chances or anything we can look at to improve. Thanks!

Husband
Nationality: Australian (ethnicity is Indian)
Education: highest attained is Diploma
Length of stay/Working in Singapore: 5+ Years
Income tax Assessment: 5 times
Job: Head of Treasury for a bank
Annual Salary: 200k + bonus
Total Work Experience: 18 years in banking
Current Pass: EP

Wife
Nationality: Filipino
Education: Bachelors in Information Technology
Length of stay/Working in Singapore: 8+ Years
Income tax Assessment: 8 times
Job: Associate VP, Banking (IT)
Annual Salary: 125k + bonus
Total Work Experience: 12 years in banking (IT)
Current Pass: EP