Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sonnabend

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sonnabend » Wed, 21 Jul 2021 1:15 am

ec777 wrote:
Tue, 20 Jul 2021 8:28 pm
Hi everyone, thank you for all the useful information. I am wondering if anyone can help me assess the chances of my PR applications?

I am currently applying for PR for myself and my wife for the second time (I also have a 3-year-old son but will not be applying for him). Below is my family's profile:

My Profile:
Job: Head of Singapore Operations for a Singaporean Strategy Consulting firm
Nationality: American Chinese
Length of stay in Singapore: 4 Year
Working in Singapore: 1 Year, 5 months (On current EP)
Annual salary: S$240K fixed (paid tax for 2 years)
Property: Owns condo in Singapore (S$3 Million)
Pass - EP (previously PEP holder)
Qualifications: Bachelor of Science (USA), Juris Doctorate (USA), Certificate on Sustainability Strategy from Harvard University
Others – Previous PEP pass holder for 3 years but generated income outside of Singapore and did not pay tax until current job, not planning on adding my son to application (American Nationality)

My Wife’s Profile:
Job: Home maker
Nationality: Chinese
Length of stay in Singapore: 6 years
Annual salary: NA
Pass - DP
Qualifications: Degree in Early Childhood Education from Singapore
Others - Previous student pass holder before becoming my dependent

Note: I have previously tried to apply for PR about 1 1/2 years ago before I have paid income tax in Singapore and was rejected.

Thank you in advance for all your help!

If you do not include your son in the application, high chance that your application will be rejected again. As it will appear to the government that you are trying to spare your son from having to serve 2 years in the NS.

FYI:
viewtopic.php?t=97839

BisDakSG

Post by BisDakSG » Wed, 21 Jul 2021 4:17 pm

Hi everyone!

I already submitted my PR application for the 3rd time (1st-Sep2017, 2nd-Dec2019, 3rd-Jul2021)

Kindly help to assist my profile if there is a chance for me to get the approval :)

Nationality : Filipino
Job: IT since 2011 in SG and recently joined in finance industry last Dec2020
Salary: 91.2K (but prior job to this as IT was around 60k)
Years in Singapore: almost 10 years

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Jul 2021 4:26 pm

Honestly? Low.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ec777

Post by ec777 » Wed, 21 Jul 2021 4:36 pm

Thank you for the input! I was under the impression that not including my son would lower my chances but didn't know that it would be a deal-breaker.
sonnabend wrote:
Wed, 21 Jul 2021 1:15 am
ec777 wrote:
Hi everyone, thank you for all the useful information. I am wondering if anyone can help me assess the chances of my PR applications?

I am currently applying for PR for myself and my wife for the second time (I also have a 3-year-old son but will not be applying for him). Below is my family's profile:

My Profile:
Qualifications: Bachelor of Science (USA), Juris Doctorate (USA), Certificate on Sustainability Strategy from Harvard University
Others – Previous PEP pass holder for 3 years but generated income outside of Singapore and did not pay tax until current job, not planning on adding my son to application (American Nationality)

My Wife’s Profile:
Pass - DP

Note: I have previously tried to apply for PR about 1 1/2 years ago before I have paid income tax in Singapore and was rejected.

If you do not include your son in the application, high chance that your application will be rejected again. As it will appear to the government that you are trying to spare your son from having to serve 2 years in the NS.

FYI:
viewtopic.php?t=97839

BisDakSG

Post by BisDakSG » Wed, 21 Jul 2021 4:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 21 Jul 2021 4:26 pm
Honestly? Low.
Thanks! May I know what should I need to improve to get a higher chance for the PR approval?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 21 Jul 2021 5:42 pm

BisDakSG wrote:
Wed, 21 Jul 2021 4:41 pm
Wed, 21 Jul 2021 4:26 pm
Honestly? Low.
Thanks! May I know what should I need to improve to get a higher chance for the PR approval?
Since you didn't say much about your education, job, family, etc, one thing that you can improve is salary.

sp786
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Post by sp786 » Wed, 21 Jul 2021 6:45 pm

Sorry for being offtopic but on a lighter note a PR agency has posted this ad on social media to increase chances of PR approval :lol:
Attachments
Screenshot_20210721-184356_Facebook.jpg

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Jul 2021 10:10 pm

corporate benefit( ) effect(s)

IS expats eligible to get.... :shock: :???: ](*,) #-o

And that is only the first two lines. FT or local (I'm betting local).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sp786
Regular
Regular

Post by sp786 » Wed, 21 Jul 2021 11:17 pm

Wed, 21 Jul 2021 10:10 pm
corporate benefit( ) effect(s)

IS expats eligible to get.... :shock: :???: ](*,) #-o

And that is only the first two lines. FT or local (I'm betting local).
The poster is a local and seems to be part of an immigration services that does PR applications as well :lol:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Jul 2021 11:27 pm

Wouldn't be a company that starts with four letter word starting with P would it? :lol:

sp786
Regular
Regular

Post by sp786 » Wed, 21 Jul 2021 11:38 pm

Wed, 21 Jul 2021 11:27 pm
Wouldn't be a company that starts with four letter word starting with P would it? :lol:
I think he is a financial adviser who works with these agencies. They are known to collaborate with PR agencies and sell their insurance plans on the pretext that it is to demonstrate that the applicant is not just insuring his entire family but also investing the money in Singapore. They also give a nice recommendation letter to submit with other docs :D

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 22 Jul 2021 12:44 am

consummate con-artists.

ec777

Post by ec777 » Thu, 22 Jul 2021 10:27 am

Hi everyone, I am wondering if there is anything else I can include in my application to increase my chances other than including my son? Such as providing proof of charitable donations I have made or getting recommendations from Singaporeans?
ec777 wrote:
Wed, 21 Jul 2021 4:36 pm
Thank you for the input! I was under the impression that not including my son would lower my chances but didn't know that it would be a deal-breaker.
sonnabend wrote:
ec777 wrote:

My Profile:

My Wife’s Profile:
Pass - DP

FYI:
viewtopic.php?t=97839

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 22 Jul 2021 10:48 am

ec777 wrote:
Thu, 22 Jul 2021 10:27 am
Hi everyone, I am wondering if there is anything else I can include in my application to increase my chances other than including my son? Such as providing proof of charitable donations I have made or getting recommendations from Singaporeans?
ec777 wrote:
Wed, 21 Jul 2021 4:36 pm
sonnabend wrote:

FYI:
viewtopic.php?t=97839
Including your kid is surely needed and there is no work around without doing it.
Donations and recommendations are not helpful in general.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 22 Jul 2021 12:54 pm

ec777 wrote:
ec777, for the record my son was born in Singapore (I'm an AMVET-NAM) and I strongly believe in Military Service (but that's just me). My son had dual citizenship till he was 21 and decided to stay here as did his older sister. But he was registered both for NS and the US Selective Service as back in those days I was still not firmly entrenched here like I am now. While the US Selective Service has been mothballed since 1975, it pays to have your son registered there so if later he wants to join the civil service in the US, he gets extra points if registered even if he didn't serve. (something to think about). But I was more adamant that he do his NS in Singapore as the odds of getting sent to a war zone that he didn't belong in was virtually zero. As I told him, he is going to do National Service, either here or in the US. (He did his NS in the SG Navy) Oh, if a US citizen is not living in the US, the odds of being called up in a draft are next to zero. And the draft will not be activated unless there is an all out declaration of war (not police actions - although for the troops on the ground there damn little difference.)

Having said that, Singapore has the lowest TFR in the world, this means they do not have sufficient manpower for their military, hence the dependence on electronic warfare. They need manpower. If a person wants Permanent Residence here (be it PR or SGC) and they have a son who is kept off the NS rolls, it means there are at least 2 (or more) people who are sponging off the government, making good money and saying screw you. I'm gonna take what I can and damn the torpedoes. Well the ICA has seen that happen all to often and at least for the last 20 years if you have a son(s) and don't include him/them on the application, you are just wasting their time, your time and the application fee. The government doesn't need or want those who are just 'takers'.

Been there, done that, and so has my son (who is now 32, married to a local gal and has given me a G.daughter).