Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
hello_world

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by hello_world » Wed, 08 Feb 2023 4:31 pm

Got a large envelope from ICA in the mailbox!
After almost 21 months of waiting and past rejections, it is really exciting to see a positive outcome!!!

Thank you all for continuing to share and helping to keep the expectations real. If I can be of any more help, other than a datapoint, happy to do so.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 08 Feb 2023 11:06 pm

Congratulations. Patience is the key. Will never know if the Patent helped or not, but it certainly didn't detract from it. I'm guessing that it combined with the other uplifts was enough obviously, to give it the final push you have been hoping for. Oh, and thank you for coming back to let us know the outcome and the length of time it took. Again, Congrats!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Benenva

Post by Benenva » Mon, 13 Mar 2023 3:35 pm

Hi Everyone, hope all is well!

Unfortunately, I found out in December 2022 that our PR application was rejected.

Since I submitted the application in January 2022, I received a promotion at work, which resulted in a 20% base salary increase. Additionally, my daughter started nursery in Singapore in August 2022.

I wanted to get this groups thoughts on whether it would be worthwhile appealing the decision based on these changes to my profile or whether it makes more sense to wait a while and reapply?

Thanks!

cavemaner

Post by cavemaner » Mon, 13 Mar 2023 3:57 pm

By what metrics is the ica's decision not valid, hence worth appealing?

Best option is to simply accept the outcome, apply again in a year or two, and have a solid plan b.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 13 Mar 2023 5:50 pm

Benenva wrote:
Mon, 13 Mar 2023 3:35 pm
Hi Everyone, hope all is well!

Unfortunately, I found out in December 2022 that our PR application was rejected.

Since I submitted the application in January 2022, I received a promotion at work, which resulted in a 20% base salary increase. Additionally, my daughter started nursery in Singapore in August 2022.

I wanted to get this groups thoughts on whether it would be worthwhile appealing the decision based on these changes to my profile or whether it makes more sense to wait a while and reapply?

Thanks!
Not going to be easy. The Ethnic quota is making it tougher

thepoppingone

Post by thepoppingone » Fri, 28 Apr 2023 12:43 am

Hi,

Finally, an update.

I applied PR for my wife in 26 May 2022, it got approved on 20 April 2022, approximately 11 months!

Thanks for all the help I found in this forum!
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 17 Jul 2021 7:43 pm
thepoppingone wrote:
Sat, 17 Jul 2021 7:22 pm
Hi everyone,

I am considering whether to apply PR for my wife on the 2nd or 3rd year ROM anniversary, would like to seek opinion here about the success rate
Our profiles;

Me:
Sex : Male
Race : Chinese
Religion : None
Marital Status : Married since 2019 Sept
Highest Education: Bachelor Degree in NUS in Computing (Receiving my MBA in October 2021)
Job: Used to be Civil servant at a Govt Agency, changing job in July to private sector
Length of employment with my current employer: Just changed job
Salary: 95k SGD per annum + some bonus
Singaporean male

Spouse:
Sex : Female
Highest Education: Bachelor degree in Chinese Journalism from Baptist University of HK
Length of stay in SG: since 23 June
Pass: LTVP valid till 12 July 2022 with PLOC
Job: works for a Singaporean company in Hong Kong since 2016, pending formal relocation to Singapore once our resale HDB is ready at the end of year.
Salary: 90k SGD per annum

I am wondering if I should apply PR for her on our 2nd year anniversary this year or do the PR application in parallel with her LTVP renewal next year. Her SG work probably will only officially start next year. I understand I just changed my job and probably should wait a bit.

Just wanted to check if our odds are high!
Based on recent trends, applying after 1 year of marriage should mostly be Ok. It used to be 2 years after marriage before. Recently seen approvals after or less than 1 year of marriage too.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 28 Apr 2023 10:13 pm

thepoppingone wrote:
Fri, 28 Apr 2023 12:43 am
Hi,

Finally, an update.

I applied PR for my wife in 26 May 2022, it got approved on 20 April 2022, approximately 11 months!

Thanks for all the help I found in this forum!
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 17 Jul 2021 7:43 pm
thepoppingone wrote:
Sat, 17 Jul 2021 7:22 pm
Hi everyone,

I am considering whether to apply PR for my wife on the 2nd or 3rd year ROM anniversary, would like to seek opinion here about the success rate
Our profiles;

Me:
Sex : Male
Marital Status : Married since 2019 Sept
Highest Education: Bachelor Degree in NUS in Computing (Receiving my MBA in October 2021)
Job: Used to be Civil servant at a Govt Agency, changing job in July to private sector
Length of employment with my current employer: Just changed job
Salary: 95k SGD per annum + some bonus
Singaporean male

Spouse:
Sex : Female
Highest Education: Bachelor degree in Chinese Journalism from Baptist University of HK
Length of stay in SG: since 23 June
Pass: LTVP valid till 12 July 2022 with PLOC
Job: works for a Singaporean company in Hong Kong since 2016, pending formal relocation to Singapore once our resale HDB is ready at the end of year.
Salary: 90k SGD per annum

I am wondering if I should apply PR for her on our 2nd year anniversary this year or do the PR application in parallel with her LTVP renewal next year. Her SG work probably will only officially start next year. I understand I just changed my job and probably should wait a bit.

Just wanted to check if our odds are high!
Based on recent trends, applying after 1 year of marriage should mostly be Ok. It used to be 2 years after marriage before. Recently seen approvals after or less than 1 year of marriage too.
Congrats!

korosensei
Regular
Regular

Post by korosensei » Sun, 07 May 2023 12:21 pm

congrats!

hopeislife
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hopeislife » Thu, 05 Oct 2023 2:15 pm

Yowsers wrote:
Wed, 12 Oct 2022 4:12 am
Definitely not counting chickens before they hatch! By ‘finalises’ I meant a decision either way - not necessarily approved. Good to know!
At least you could have let us know if the chickens hatched or not :???: Although it might have been quite tough given your profile. Hope to hear if it is positive. :roll:

hopeislife
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hopeislife » Wed, 01 Nov 2023 10:40 pm

watertoen wrote:
Sun, 14 Jun 2020 8:16 am
My question to more experienced members here: We really do want to settle in Singapore for the long term; what would you suggest as ways to improve our chances when applying again later ?
Quite funny when some high earners say they love singapore and want to settle for long term.

However, after facing just 2 rejections in few years, they treat it like a sour grape and advise others that they cant achieve it too. Then they leave sg looking for pr in other countries.
watertoen wrote:
Tue, 07 Dec 2021 12:00 pm
2. Singapore PR is a bit like a lottery (especially if you are an Indian national); treat it as such - meaning, make sure you have a back up plan to achieve your goals (if immigration ranks high as a life goal). Its wonderful if you get it, but spend time thinking about the downside scenario and planning for one.
----
As for my wife and me, we've decided not to apply again, and move out of SG in the near term.

NYY1
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by NYY1 » Thu, 02 Nov 2023 8:08 am

hopeislife wrote:
Wed, 01 Nov 2023 10:40 pm
watertoen wrote:
My question to more experienced members here: We really do want to settle in Singapore for the long term; what would you suggest as ways to improve our chances when applying again later ?
Quite funny when some high earners say they love singapore and want to settle for long term.

However, after facing just 2 rejections in few years, they treat it like a sour grape and advise others that they cant achieve it too. Then they leave sg looking for pr in other countries.
watertoen wrote:
2. Singapore PR is a bit like a lottery (especially if you are an Indian national); treat it as such - meaning, make sure you have a back up plan to achieve your goals (if immigration ranks high as a life goal). Its wonderful if you get it, but spend time thinking about the downside scenario and planning for one.
----
As for my wife and me, we've decided not to apply again, and move out of SG in the near term.
Not sure this is sour grapes or a realistic assessment of the situation?

Some people always believe everything will be OK and they will get what they want. This isn't a bad attitude to have, as if often does shape the outcome. At the same time, many people are delusional about the challenges in situations, and continue to think they are above everyone else when in reality they are likely one of the field (for clarity, I'm talking in general and about many things, not a group of people vying for one particular prize). Sometimes reality sets in, and you start to look at things differently.

Bottom line, it is likely that the best decisions are made and the most desirable outcomes are observed when there is some combination of the two. As they say, sometimes you need to know when to fold them and move on.

In the context of this situation, being a temporary resident with an option on long-term immigration is a lot different than targeting immigration as the end game.

epo_anonymous

Post by epo_anonymous » Fri, 03 Nov 2023 2:18 pm

hopeislife wrote:
Wed, 01 Nov 2023 10:40 pm
watertoen wrote:

watertoen wrote:
----
Getting rejected 2-3 times is 5-8 years gone. Typically that’s from age 33-41 for most applicants. Are you telling this forum that chances improve as we age and especially after age 40? If answer is no then it’s a good time to read the signs and leave. Simple as. When the first choice rejects you a few times then it’s a good idea to have a good back up plan. I don’t think anyone on this forum is arguing this logic above, unless you are.

reddotaspirant

Post by reddotaspirant » Tue, 21 Nov 2023 3:14 pm

reddotaspirant wrote:
Fri, 23 Jul 2021 6:45 pm
Hi,

Who should be the main applicant for PR application of a couple having following family profile?

Husband:
Race: Indian
Nationality: Indian
Education: Bachelors in Engineering from India
Length of stay/Working in Singapore: 3 years 7 months
Income tax Assessment: 3
Job: Software developer in global bank
Number of job changes in Singapore: 2 (currently with third employer)
Current Annual Salary: ~125k + variable bonus
Total Work Experience: 11 years
Current Pass: EP

Wife:
Race: Indian
Nationality: Indian
Education: Bachelors in Engineering from India
Length of stay/Working in Singapore: 3 years 3 months
Income tax Assessment: 3
Job: Software developer in global bank
Number of job changes in Singapore: 0
Current Annual Salary: ~120k + variable bonus
Total Work Experience: 11 years
Current Pass: EP

Kids: No

Our profile is almost similar but mrs has not changed employers while in Singapore and has higher+stable salary during our stay here. On the other hand I have changed employers couple of times which might go as negative but I have a bit higher salary now and few months extra residence in Singapore.

What do you think - who should be the main applicant considering above points?
Just want to update that we got our PR approved in second attempt. After it got rejected in 2021, we applied again in 2023 and it got approved in less than 6 months. Kid was the only major difference this time. I've been an avid follower of this forum, thanks for all the insights.

hopeislife
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hopeislife » Tue, 21 Nov 2023 4:53 pm

reddotaspirant wrote:
Tue, 21 Nov 2023 3:14 pm
Just want to update that we got our PR approved in second attempt. After it got rejected in 2021, we applied again in 2023 and it got approved in less than 6 months. Kid was the only major difference this time. I've been an avid follower of this forum, thanks for all the insights.
Quite surprising approval with less than 6yrs of residence. Not sure which factor favoured you, but looks like the addition of kid increased your chances along with higher family income. Still quite surprised with this profile being approved. Congrats though. Wish i could change my past and go along these IT or financial career lines.... ](*,)

reddotaspirant

Post by reddotaspirant » Wed, 22 Nov 2023 3:10 pm

hopeislife wrote:
Tue, 21 Nov 2023 4:53 pm
reddotaspirant wrote:
Tue, 21 Nov 2023 3:14 pm
Quite surprising approval with less than 6yrs of residence. Not sure which factor favoured you, but looks like the addition of kid increased your chances along with higher family income. Still quite surprised with this profile being approved. Congrats though. Wish i could change my past and go along these IT or financial career lines.... ](*,)
Thanks! Wishing you luck as well. It's ironic that hopeislife has lost all hope.