Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 Sep 2021 2:09 pm

Honestly? Not going to be easy. However, my gut says why not try at least once. Working in a Gov't agency. and for 3 years the salary seems to be within an okay range. As noted by yourself, ethnicity/nationality might be the biggest stumbling block as you are going to be tossed in the 7.5% 'I' group in CMIO. with huge number of applicants for the least number of vacancies. Other than that, maybe not here long enough, but if it your only employer since arriving it's worth a shot. Just don't bet all your marbles on it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

blackbag

Post by blackbag » Tue, 28 Sep 2021 2:16 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 28 Sep 2021 2:09 pm
Honestly? Not going to be easy. However, my gut says why not try at least once. Working in a Gov't agency. and for 3 years the salary seems to be within an okay range. As noted by yourself, ethnicity/nationality might be the biggest stumbling block as you are going to be tossed in the 7.5% 'I' group in CMIO. with huge number of applicants for the least number of vacancies. Other than that, maybe not here long enough, but if it your only employer since arriving it's worth a shot. Just don't bet all your marbles on it.
Thank you so much for the candid feedback! Really appreciate it :mrgreen:

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 28 Sep 2021 2:24 pm

blackbag wrote:
Tue, 28 Sep 2021 1:59 pm
Hi all,

Longtime visitor here, and wanted to assess my unique circumstances, and get some feedback from you all.

Nationality: Bangladesh
Religion: Buddhist
Education: Computer Science (UK)
Working for: Singapore Government Agency (Dealing with Public Health)
Living for: 3 years
Marital Status: Single
Salary: 7-7.5K

I am aware of my nationality/origin-based ethnic quota challenge. Anything else I should improve? Thank you in advance :D
What do you exactly work as?

blackbag

Post by blackbag » Tue, 28 Sep 2021 2:37 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 28 Sep 2021 2:24 pm
blackbag wrote:
Hi all,

Longtime visitor here, and wanted to assess my unique circumstances, and get some feedback from you all.

I am aware of my nationality/origin-based ethnic quota challenge. Anything else I should improve? Thank you in advance :D
I am a Software Engineer. (Understand a lot of people from IT applying, chances are probably slim :( )

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 28 Sep 2021 4:14 pm

blackbag wrote:
Tue, 28 Sep 2021 2:37 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 28 Sep 2021 2:24 pm
blackbag wrote:
Hi all,

I am a Software Engineer. (Understand a lot of people from IT applying, chances are probably slim :( )
Chance is surely going to be slim

nameless_faceless

Post by nameless_faceless » Tue, 28 Sep 2021 10:32 pm

nameless_faceless wrote:
Mon, 27 Sep 2021 4:44 pm
Hi all,

Just adding another profile/data point for evaluation of chances,

Race : Indian
Marital Status : Married
Education : Bachelor of Technology in Computer science from a deemed university in India
My qualifications include: CFA Level 2 candidate
Experience: 12+ years as a software engineer, currently working as a senior engineer in a foreign MNC. Always been in banks throughout my career.
Length of stay in SG : 7 years, have completed all IRAS tax cyles
Salary : Basic $150K+ & (Bonus + Employer CPF (~40k))
Pass : E-Pass

Dependants Info:

WIFE
Race : Filipino
Education : Bachelors of Science in Commerce
Length of Stay: 12 years, 5 years as a DP, was on WP before for 7 years.
Experience: Housewife
Pass: DP

Married here in ROM 4-5 years back & have 2 kids now

Kid 1: Girl born in Philippines, 3+ years, studying here in Local SG Childcare
Kid 2: Boy born in SG, 2 months old

Mother
Education : Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of education
Length of Stay: 1.5+ years
Experience: Retired Teacher
Pass: LTVP

More info:
I don't have any other family anywhere, as my father passed away when i was 15 and i am a single child.
Applied PR in May 2020, when i had 1 kid, Rejected, because of data entry error in the application where i erroneously inputted 2 fields related to my daughters birth place and country. Rejection came exactly at 5 months and 3 weeks around last week of october.
Have lived in many neighbourhoods of SG in the west & central throughout my stay of 7 years here, hdb, condos of sg.
Occasional volunteering for SG govt digital programmes (with records to show if needed).
Recently achieved 2nd place in an org wide contest across diff countries & recognized by the CIO of my organization for a top software i created.
Have indirect relatives in UK.

We’re planning to re-apply soon.. Any pointers, suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Have gone through this thread completely. and understand ethnicity and profession are against me. Any recommendations or advice what else i can do to improve my chances ?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 28 Sep 2021 10:54 pm

nameless_faceless wrote:
Tue, 28 Sep 2021 10:32 pm
nameless_faceless wrote:
Hi all,

Education : Bachelor of Technology in Computer science from a deemed university in India
Experience: 12+ years as a software engineer, currently working as a senior engineer in a foreign MNC. Always been in banks throughout my career.

Dependants Info:

WIFE

Mother

More info:
I don't have any other family anywhere, as my father passed away when i was 15 and i am a single child.
Applied PR in May 2020, when i had 1 kid, Rejected, because of data entry error in the application where i erroneously inputted 2 fields related to my daughters birth place and country. Rejection came exactly at 5 months and 3 weeks around last week of october.
Have lived in many neighbourhoods of SG in the west & central throughout my stay of 7 years here, hdb, condos of sg.
Occasional volunteering for SG govt digital programmes (with records to show if needed).
Recently achieved 2nd place in an org wide contest across diff countries & recognized by the CIO of my organization for a top software i created.

We’re planning to re-apply soon.. Any pointers, suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Have gone through this thread completely. and understand ethnicity and profession are against me. Any recommendations or advice what else i can do to improve my chances ?
Move up in career, learn more and earn more. You can do only these, but even with this approval is not guaranteed.

Guest12345

Post by Guest12345 » Wed, 29 Sep 2021 4:41 pm

not unless youre a malaysian chinese, it will be very easy to get pr here. my bf's friend malaysian chinese, divorcee with 1 daughter apply together less than 1yr in sg. got pr first time application.

maybe try australia and canada which has a point system will be better in applying pr.

PartyLike-A-Russian
Regular
Regular

Post by PartyLike-A-Russian » Tue, 05 Oct 2021 6:21 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 28 Sep 2021 10:54 pm
nameless_faceless wrote:
Tue, 28 Sep 2021 10:32 pm
nameless_faceless wrote:
Hi all,

Dependants Info:

WIFE

Mother

More info:

Move up in career, learn more and earn more. You can do only these, but even with this approval is not guaranteed.
Earn more and then you will be told here that you are a high flyer and a flight risk :shock:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 05 Oct 2021 6:51 pm

Normally only if you are earning in excess of say >300k/pa. and are in the finance industry. Sounds like you don't know how to read for content.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PartyLike-A-Russian
Regular
Regular

Re:

Post by PartyLike-A-Russian » Tue, 05 Oct 2021 7:45 pm

Tue, 05 Oct 2021 6:51 pm
Normally only if you are earning in excess of say >300k/pa. and are in the finance industry. Sounds like you don't know how to read for content.
It was sarcasm :D :mrgreen:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 05 Oct 2021 7:52 pm

That's the problem without a good set of emoticons! :oops!: :shit: but I've always like those two.

PartyLike-A-Russian
Regular
Regular

Post by PartyLike-A-Russian » Wed, 06 Oct 2021 11:36 am

nameless_faceless wrote:
Hi all,

Dependants Info:

WIFE

Mother

More info:
Recently achieved 2nd place in an org wide contest across diff countries & recognized by the CIO of my organization for a top application i created.

hi nameless_faceless,

How do you know the rejection reason? ICA doesn't disclose it. Instead they send you a vague letter saying:
We regret to let you know your application is unsuccessful. If you are still interested, you could try again after any of your circumstances have changed.
Something like this.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 06 Oct 2021 12:30 pm

PartyLike-A-Russian wrote:
Wed, 06 Oct 2021 11:36 am

Dependants Info:

WIFE

Mother

More info:
Recently achieved 2nd place in an org wide contest across diff countries & recognized by the CIO of my organization for a top application i created.

hi nameless_faceless,

How do you know the rejection reason? ICA doesn't disclose it.
That is just his view or his own assumption.

PartyLike-A-Russian
Regular
Regular

Post by PartyLike-A-Russian » Wed, 06 Oct 2021 10:07 pm

Tue, 28 Sep 2021 2:09 pm
Hi Sms,

I wonder if growing (position and income) in the same company is better for PR than changing jobs. I think it is as it shows stability of the company and industry and diligence of the candidate. What's your opinion?

You might know that software engineers usually change jobs every 3 years on average. Some do it more often. And it's considered normal.

P.S. And by staying the foreigner doesn't steal new openings from locals :D