Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Dripper

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Dripper » Mon, 07 Jun 2021 5:37 pm

Congrats

superannedoi

Post by superannedoi » Sun, 13 Jun 2021 11:41 pm

Hi, I have applied as a family back in 2014 (3 years in Singapore) and got rejected. Now, will try for the 2nd time (applying for self). Asking for your valuable opinions/insights if there's a possibility of approval, below my profile:

Race: Filipino
Marital Status: Married with 2 male kids (ages 14 & 11)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Current Work Industry: Hospitality (7 years with the company)
Length of stay: 10 years
Annual Salary: 41K
Pass: SP

Thank you in advance and keep safe :)

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:17 pm

superannedoi wrote:
Sun, 13 Jun 2021 11:41 pm
Hi, I have applied as a family back in 2014 (3 years in Singapore) and got rejected. Now, will try for the 2nd time (applying for self). Asking for your valuable opinions/insights if there's a possibility of approval, below my profile:

Race: Filipino
Marital Status: Married with 2 male kids (ages 14 & 11)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Current Work Industry: Hospitality (7 years with the company)
Length of stay: 10 years
Annual Salary: 41K
Pass: SP

Thank you in advance and keep safe :)
sorry, chance looks very low

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 14 Jun 2021 2:48 pm

Lower than before. Will look like you plan on busting up the family if you apply on your own. Not the image you want to portray. At least I don't think it is.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sksha

Post by sksha » Tue, 15 Jun 2021 10:16 am

I had a question in regards to PR application for new born kids.

We are a family of 4. My son, wife and myself received our PR earlier this year. We now have a new born daughter and I applied for PR for her. While waiting for outcome, I have her LTVP to legalise her stay here.

Any idea how long does PR application for new born dependants take? is it same as normal application or is it relatively faster?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 15 Jun 2021 10:43 am

sksha wrote:
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 10:16 am

We are a family of 4. My son, wife and myself received our PR earlier this year. We now have a new born daughter and I applied for PR for her. While waiting for outcome, I have her LTVP to legalise her stay here.

Any idea how long does PR application for new born dependants take? is it same as normal application or is it relatively faster?
If born in SG and applied immediately within a month, some say you may have an outcome in 2-3 months. Any application after that will take the normal processing time. Why are you rushing?

It also depends on where are you from, quota, etc

sksha

Post by sksha » Tue, 15 Jun 2021 11:42 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 10:43 am
sksha wrote:

If born in SG and applied immediately within a month, some say you may have an outcome in 2-3 months. Any application after that will take the normal processing time. Why are you rushing?

Thanks SF.
yes, born in SG and applied within a month.
Quota will be a factor, due to Indian Ethnicity, which I reckon may add processing time-cycles and wait.
I am not rushing, this is more to understand how (and if) different are timelines for new dependants of existing PR or will the timelines be same as a normal new application.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 15 Jun 2021 12:32 pm

sksha wrote:
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 11:42 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 10:43 am
sksha wrote:

Thanks SF.
yes, born in SG and applied within a month.
Quota will be a factor, due to Indian Ethnicity, which I reckon may add processing time-cycles and wait.
I am not rushing, this is more to understand how (and if) different are timelines for new dependants of existing PR or will the timelines be same as a normal new application.
You can hope to hear back in 3-4 months I think. Lets see

sksha

Post by sksha » Tue, 15 Jun 2021 12:47 pm

Great. Thanks for your perspective. Appreciate it.

tippermusic

Post by tippermusic » Tue, 15 Jun 2021 2:08 pm

Does it negatively impact your chances if you applied together as married couples vs independently if you recently got married (within the year)? Granted both you and your spouse have been on EP, working in SG for over 5 years and getting paid above 150K each.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 15 Jun 2021 3:43 pm

tippermusic wrote:
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 2:08 pm
Does it negatively impact your chances if you applied together as married couples vs independently if you recently got married (within the year)? Granted both you and your spouse have been on EP, working in SG for over 5 years and getting paid above 150K each.
All we can say is apply TOGETHER after 2 years of marriage.

janus45

Post by janus45 » Wed, 16 Jun 2021 12:36 am

Hi All, wanted to get your thoughts on chances of success and also anything I can do to improve my profile. Learned a lot from others' posts and experience here so hope to hear your thoughts on my case.

Profile:
Job: Financial Analyst
Marital status: single
Nationality: UK
Race: white
Length of stay in Singapore: 6 years on EP pass then PEP
Employment: $15k a month (used to be $25k a month, 5 years of NOA at ~$600k, but had to take a lower pay job due to virus)
Employer: small local business with 3 SCs for every foreigner
Education: Ivy League bachelors degree plus CFA charterholder
Integration:
-memberships: member of a few local professional organizations (moderately active) and one local religious group (also active) for over 5 years (have a bunch of certificates/letters)
-languages: speak fluent Malay and OK basic Chinese. Have certificates to prove it.
-volunteering: at my favorite organization since 2018, and 3 others more recently. Have 4 letters of appreciation.
-letters of recommendation: have some gushing letters from local citizens of multiple races
-donations: donate to a few local charities and have done so regularly since I got here... more recently also started donating blood (I know many people here think most of the above don't matter)

Previous applications: rejected 3 years ago and again 2 years ago

Not possible/attractive:
-marry a local (dating a local but not going to sully the relationship by accelerating marriage for immigration reasons)
-produce a son (similar reasoning)
-change race

Short of the above, willing to spend a bit of time and expense to improve odds.

Keen to hear your thoughts on probability of success and what I can do to improve odds. Thanks a lot in advance🙏.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 16 Jun 2021 9:14 am

janus45 wrote:
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 12:36 am
Hi All, wanted to get your thoughts on chances of success and also anything I can do to improve my profile. Learned a lot from others' posts and experience here so hope to hear your thoughts on my case.

Profile:
Employment: $15k a month (used to be $25k a month, 5 years of NOA at ~$600k, but had to take a lower pay job due to virus)
Integration:
-memberships: member of a few local professional organizations (moderately active) and one local religious group (also active) for over 5 years (have a bunch of certificates/letters)
-languages: speak fluent Malay and OK basic Chinese. Have certificates to prove it.
-volunteering: at my favorite organization since 2018, and 3 others more recently. Have 4 letters of appreciation.
-letters of recommendation: have some gushing letters from local citizens of multiple races
-donations: donate to a few local charities and have done so regularly since I got here... more recently also started donating blood (I know many people here think most of the above don't matter)

Not possible/attractive:
-marry a local (dating a local but not going to sully the relationship by accelerating marriage for immigration reasons)
-change race

Keen to hear your thoughts on probability of success and what I can do to improve odds. Thanks a lot in advance🙏.
Try again but dont have high hopes

janus45

Post by janus45 » Wed, 16 Jun 2021 10:29 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 9:14 am
janus45 wrote:

Profile:
Integration:

Not possible/attractive:
-change race

Thanks, I'm keeping my expectations low.
You think there's anything I can do to improve the profile?
I know a couple of people with very similar profile that got PR in 2016 and 2017... I think that was under the current immigration regime (i.e. after tightening), so it doesn't seem impossible?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 16 Jun 2021 10:32 am

janus45 wrote:
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 10:29 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 9:14 am
janus45 wrote:

Profile:
Integration:

Not possible/attractive:
-change race

Thanks, I'm keeping my expectations low.
You think there's anything I can do to improve the profile?
I know a couple of people with very similar profile that got PR in 2016 and 2017... I think that was under the current immigration regime (i.e. after tightening), so it doesn't seem impossible?
It is surely not impossible. You still will have a chance, just that it will be low. Nothing much can be done.

Have you ever applied PR from PEP? If no, apply once asap.