Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by truthhurts1 » Sat, 01 Oct 2022 8:03 am

sgexpat8977 wrote:
Sat, 24 Sep 2022 9:26 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 15 Sep 2022 3:48 pm
omshastry wrote:
Thu, 15 Sep 2022 2:40 pm
Do let us know of the outcome, and also your profile.

9 months into the application, if they are asking for documents after seeing your profile, I'd assume you have a good chance. Else, they could have just sent a rejection letter (they don't have the docs, but you'd have provided your + your spouse's details to them anyway).

Though the veterans here may think I'm being too optimistic, a lil bit of hope doesn't hurt anyone :) .

No, at least I don't think you are being too optimistic, I think you don't have a clue what you are saying and you definitely haven't done any research on this board either or you wouldn't have made such a statement. :roll:
Hi All,

Just to let you know that the proceed to upload button disappeared on the 23rd of September. Fingers crossed. Prayers.

Keep us informed. Good luck and will pray that you get it

sgexpat8977

Post by sgexpat8977 » Sat, 01 Oct 2022 9:34 am

truthhurts1 wrote:
Sat, 01 Oct 2022 8:03 am
sgexpat8977 wrote:
Thu, 15 Sep 2022 3:48 pm

No, at least I don't think you are being too optimistic, I think you don't have a clue what you are saying and you definitely haven't done any research on this board either or you wouldn't have made such a statement. :roll:
Hi All,

Just to let you know that the proceed to upload button disappeared on the 23rd of September. Fingers crossed. Prayers.

Thank you! Keeping my fingers crossed.

sgexpat8977

Post by sgexpat8977 » Sun, 02 Oct 2022 12:31 am

sgexpat8977 wrote:
Sat, 01 Oct 2022 9:34 am
truthhurts1 wrote:
sgexpat8977 wrote:

Hi All,

Hi All,

Happy to inform you that my PR application has been approved! Thanks for all the support.

sgexpat8977

Post by sgexpat8977 » Sun, 02 Oct 2022 1:37 am

sgexpat8977 wrote:
Sun, 02 Oct 2022 12:31 am
sgexpat8977 wrote:
truthhurts1 wrote:

Hi All,

Happy to inform you that my PR application has been approved! Thanks for all the support.
Sharing some information that might be useful to others who are planning to apply:

First attempt: Dec, 2019 -> rejected within 6 months. Applied with my wife. I suspect the rejection was due to my rush. To clarify, I applied right after joining my new company. My wife also just started her job (applied < 3 months after joining the new company from the date of application). Lesson learned: DONT RUSH

Second attempt: Dec 2021 -> approved in September 2022. Applied with my wife and son born and vaccinated in Singapore. What changed in our second attempt? -> 1) Son's birth 2) Salary increased by 20% 3) Tax statement increased by 70%. 3) Multiple international awards by top organizations. 4) Multiple government and academic grants that created job opportunities for both locals and international talents. ICA asked for my 6 months payslip and my wife's educational certificates in September.

Additional information: We neither submitted any cover letter nor did we hire an agency. We had no formal document of community service. In fact, as both my wife and I are educators, we think we are doing community service.

Family Profile:

My wife (co-applicant): Works as a teacher. Earns around 30K a year. Hold BSc, MSc, and BEd degrees from well-known universities in India. Nationality: Indian. 2+ years of work experience in SG. Duration of stay in SG: 3 years at the time of application.
I (main applicant): Works as a professor at one of the public universities in Sg. Basic salary 144k+. Adding other variable income, the figure stands at 210K+. Achievements: 150+ research papers, 2 filed US patents, multiple best paper nominations, outstanding paper awards, one of the highly cited researchers in one of the hot research topics in AI, and multiple governments and industrial grants that created job opportunities for locals and foreigners. Nationality: Indian. Degrees: BTech from a premium university in India, Ph.D. from a good university in the UK. 9+ years of stay in SG. Holds EP.
Son (co-applicant): Born in SG. 5 months at the time of our application. Vaccinated at public clinics in SG.

Hope this helps. Thanks again to all the moderators and members for your kind help. I am looking forward to continuing to serve Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Oct 2022 2:22 am

sgexpat8977 wrote:

Hi All,

Congratulations. You are one of the lucky ones. Best wishes going forward. :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Oct 2022 2:32 am

sgexpat8977 wrote:
Sun, 02 Oct 2022 1:37 am

Sharing some information that might be useful to others who are planning to apply:

First attempt: Dec, 2019 -> rejected within 6 months. Applied with my wife. I suspect the rejection was due to my rush. To clarify, I applied right after joining my new company. My wife also just started her job (applied < 3 months after joining the new company from the date of application). Lesson learned: DONT RUSH

Second attempt: Dec 2021 -> approved in September 2022. Applied with my wife and son born and vaccinated in Singapore. What changed in our second attempt? -> 1) Son's birth 2) Salary increased by 20% 3) Tax statement increased by 70%. 3) Multiple international awards by top organizations. 4) Multiple government and academic grants that created job opportunities for both locals and international talents. ICA asked for my 6 months payslip and my wife's educational certificates in September.

Additional information: We neither submitted any cover letter nor did we hire an agency. We had no formal document of community service. In fact, as both my wife and I are educators, we think we are doing community service.

Family Profile:

My wife (co-applicant): Works as a teacher. Earns around 30K a year. Hold BSc, MSc, and BEd degrees from well-known universities in India. Nationality: Indian. 2+ years of work experience in SG. Duration of stay in SG: 3 years at the time of application.
I (main applicant): Works as a professor at one of the public universities in Sg. Basic salary 144k+. Adding other variable income, the figure stands at 210K+. Achievements: 150+ research papers, 2 filed US patents, multiple best paper nominations, outstanding paper awards, one of the highly cited researchers in one of the hot research topics in AI, and multiple governments and industrial grants that created job opportunities for locals and foreigners. Nationality: Indian. Degrees: BTech from a premium university in India, Ph.D. from a good university in the UK. 9+ years of stay in SG. Holds EP.
Son (co-applicant): Born in SG. 5 months at the time of our application. Vaccinated at public clinics in SG.

Hope this helps. Thanks again to all the moderators and members for your kind help. I am looking forward to continuing to serve Singapore.
Nice write-up. Almost confirms everything we've said on here over the years. Stick around Singapore and stick around the forum. We can always use people who have walked the mile successfully and are willing to pay it forward. I would have loved to have had this resource when I applied for PR the 1st time. But 27 years ago these forums were not to be found so I made a fair number of blunders early on as well. When this board was created I joined primarily because I like paying it forward and I've been helping folks since the early 1990's. Most of which I've discussed on this board at one time or another.

You have everything the country needs and wants, but as you noted, you jumped the gun and ICA isn't about to set precedence's it doesn't want or need. Thanks for the excellent recap.
sms/moderator
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sgexpat8977

Post by sgexpat8977 » Sun, 02 Oct 2022 2:40 am

Sun, 02 Oct 2022 2:32 am
sgexpat8977 wrote:

Family Profile:

Nice write-up. Almost confirms everything we've said on here over the years. Stick around Singapore and stick around the forum. We can always use people who have walked the mile successfully and are willing to pay it forward. I would have loved to have had this resource when I applied for PR the 1st time. But 27 years ago these forums were not to be found so I made a fair number of blunders early on as well. When this board was created I joined primarily because I like paying it forward and I've been helping folks since the early 1990's. Most of which I've discussed on this board at one time or another.

You have everything the country needs and wants, but as you noted, you jumped the gun and ICA isn't about to set precedence's it doesn't want or need. Thanks for the excellent recap.
sms
Thank you so much!, SMS :) I don't have words to express my gratitude to you and all the other contributors to this forum. Yes, I will stick around and try my best to help others.

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Sun, 02 Oct 2022 9:20 am

sgexpat8977 wrote:
sgexpat8977 wrote:
truthhurts1 wrote:

Hi All,

Fantastic news..congratulations !!

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sun, 02 Oct 2022 11:15 am

Sun, 02 Oct 2022 2:22 am
sgexpat8977 wrote:

Hi All,

Congratulations. You are one of the lucky ones. Best wishes going forward. :cool:
After all this high achievements, he is lucky? Shouldn't it be: Singapore is lucky to have him. His credentials could get him PR in any top country in the world. :)

John1541

Post by John1541 » Sun, 02 Oct 2022 8:36 pm

Congratulations Sgexpat8977 💐

omshastry

Post by omshastry » Mon, 03 Oct 2022 2:18 pm

Congrats @sgexpat8977! And all the best for the upcoming formalities.

I am sure your outstanding achievements weighed a lot on your application. You have an exceptional profile!
sgexpat8977 wrote:

Achievements: 150+ research papers, 2 filed US patents, multiple best paper nominations, outstanding paper awards, one of the highly cited researchers in one of the hot research topics in AI, and multiple governments and industrial grants that created job opportunities for locals and foreigners. Nationality: Indian. Degrees: BTech from a premium university in India, Ph.D. from a good university in the UK. 9+ years of stay in SG. Holds EP.

sgexpat8977

Post by sgexpat8977 » Mon, 03 Oct 2022 10:08 pm

omshastry wrote:
Mon, 03 Oct 2022 2:18 pm
Congrats @sgexpat8977! And all the best for the upcoming formalities.

I am sure your outstanding achievements weighed a lot on your application. You have an exceptional profile!
sgexpat8977 wrote:

Achievements: 150+ research papers, 2 filed US patents, multiple best paper nominations, outstanding paper awards, one of the highly cited researchers in one of the hot research topics in AI, and multiple governments and industrial grants that created job opportunities for locals and foreigners. Nationality: Indian. Degrees: BTech from a premium university in India, Ph.D. from a good university in the UK. 9+ years of stay in SG. Holds EP.

Thanks, everyone! :) Country always comes first and is bigger than any individual. Hence, I think I am the one who should be feeling lucky.

nanam83

Post by nanam83 » Tue, 04 Oct 2022 10:48 pm

Hello,
I tried to search for the answer in the forum but no luck yet.
We have a pending PR application submitted as a couple where my husband is the main applicant. Both of us were on EP but I recently converted my status from EP to DP (ie my EP was cancelled literally yesterday and I already have DP IPA approved and DP card is being delivered).

Should we keep ICA informed of this change, spouse of main applicant's status from EP to DP?
If so, what would be the best way? We've looked into how we can submit thru the ICA PR status check page, but change of the employment status of spouse is not one of the four options available on the ICA PR status website. Or should I just email them?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 05 Oct 2022 9:04 am

nanam83 wrote:
Tue, 04 Oct 2022 10:48 pm
Hello,
We have a pending PR application submitted as a couple where my husband is the main applicant. Both of us were on EP but I recently converted my status from EP to DP (ie my EP was cancelled literally yesterday and I already have DP IPA approved and DP card is being delivered).

Should we keep ICA informed of this change, spouse of main applicant's status from EP to DP?
If so, what would be the best way? We've looked into how we can submit thru the ICA PR status check page, but change of the employment status of spouse is not one of the four options available on the ICA PR status website. Or should I just email them?

Surely need to update ICA on this change.

omshastry

Post by omshastry » Wed, 05 Oct 2022 11:34 am

I also had a change in my wife's pass type while our PR application was pending (it still is pending).
I sent an email with the update and a copy of the new pass to [email protected], and they were quick enough to acknowledge and update the application.

Hope this helps.

p.s. I was the main applicant. So a similar situation as yours.

nanam83 wrote:
Tue, 04 Oct 2022 10:48 pm
Hello,