Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
leeyuh

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by leeyuh » Sat, 04 Jun 2022 10:30 am

Hello all, Good news! My PR is approved! Thanks everyone for your valuable input.
leeyuh wrote:
Thu, 25 Nov 2021 8:39 pm
Hi all, I am going to apply for PR for the first time this year.

Profile:
Job: Team Manager
Nationality: Taiwanese
Race: Chinese
Length of stay in Singapore: 2.5 years
Total work experience: 6 years
Annual salary: S$100K (EP holder)
Employer: FAANG, machine learning
Qualifications: Master’s & bachelor’s degree in top universities in Taiwan

Please help advise my chance of getting PR approval. Thanks All 🙏

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Tue, 07 Jun 2022 2:46 pm

This is my 4th attempt now.

Director
Male
Indian
8 years 7months on EP
190K average a year
Construction
High end MEP products

Anyone with a similar profile?
Thank you very much :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 08 Jun 2022 2:48 am

truthhurts1 wrote:
Tue, 07 Jun 2022 2:46 pm

Director
Male
Indian
8 years 7months on EP
190K average a year
Construction
High end MEP products

How often do you fly back to India and what is your average length of stay there when you do go back. Are you married? Have any kids in school here? Basically, I don't see anything that separates you from the masses to warrant PR. Similar profiles won't mean squat. Unless they are a carbon copy duplicate all the way to the bone and parents and extended families. Each application is taken on its own merits and not compared with other applicants.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Wed, 08 Jun 2022 5:22 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 08 Jun 2022 2:48 am
truthhurts1 wrote:

Director
Male
Indian
8 years 7months on EP
190K average a year
Construction
High end MEP products

How often do you fly back to India and what is your average length of stay there when you do go back. Are you married? Have any kids in school here? Basically, I don't see anything that separates you from the masses to warrant PR. Similar profiles won't mean squat. Unless they are a carbon copy duplicate all the way to the bone and parents and extended families. Each application is taken on its own merits and not compared with other applicants.

Hi thank you for the response.
Haven’t been back to India since 2016 and have no intentions in the distant time to do so.
I travel a lot close to 7-10 days in the region and around for work.
I am divorced since 2015, no custody of child and no intentions on going that route.
Am planning to get married again with my PR girlfriend but the uncertainty with the situation of PR is holding this up too and delaying the plans.
Taxable Income has also increased 10% compared to 2020 but that doesn’t mean anything I guess.
Thank you very much.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 08 Jun 2022 12:06 pm

truthhurts1 wrote:
Wed, 08 Jun 2022 5:22 am
truthhurts1 wrote:

Director
Male
Indian
8 years 7months on EP
190K average a year
Construction
High end MEP products

Haven’t been back to India since 2016 and have no intentions in the distant time to do so.
I am divorced since 2015, no custody of child and no intentions on going that route.
Am planning to get married again with my PR girlfriend but the uncertainty with the situation of PR is holding this up too and delaying the plans.
Taxable Income has also increased 10% compared to 2020 but that doesn’t mean anything I guess.
Thank you very much.
Going to be tough because of
- Ethnic quota
Surely no issues with your salary

happyhouratfive

Post by happyhouratfive » Wed, 08 Jun 2022 6:49 pm

Hi all, first time poster and providing additional data point if it matters

30M single
Indonesian Chinese
Lived here since 1999 on student pass, EP.
Rejected PR offer during JC, applied first time through general process.
Approved after 12.5 months

96k annual salary at application
Marketing at Ecomm

Thanks to all for the comments and replies, been very entertaining and useful information about the process and system. Especially to @sundaymorningstaple @singaporeflyer @smouldering for guarding the sanctity of this forum and slamming every wild speculations about the process. Continue the good job, be kind, cheers!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 08 Jun 2022 10:47 pm

happyhouratfive wrote:
Wed, 08 Jun 2022 6:49 pm
Hi all, first time poster and providing additional data point if it matters

30M single
Indonesian Chinese
Lived here since 1999 on student pass, EP.
Rejected PR offer during JC, applied first time through general process.
Approved after 12.5 months

96k annual salary at application
Marketing at Ecomm

Thanks to all for the comments and replies, been very entertaining and useful information about the process and system. Especially to @sundaymorningstaple @singaporeflyer @smouldering for guarding the sanctity of this forum and slamming every wild speculations about the process. Continue the good job, be kind, cheers!
Congrats.
Indo Chinese, 22 years in Sg is shoe-in apart from the one time rejection which is a small negative.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 08 Jun 2022 11:12 pm

Good to hear about the approval after not taking up the original offer. Too many sad stories over the years. It's good to hear of one that bucks the trend. And yes, thank you for the data points, you guys are where we get our data from. It all helps us to see trends or a changing of trends. Congrats.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Thu, 09 Jun 2022 6:56 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 08 Jun 2022 12:06 pm
truthhurts1 wrote:
Wed, 08 Jun 2022 5:22 am

Thank you very much.
Going to be tough because of
- Ethnic quota
Surely no issues with your salary
Thank you!!

Do you think that the quota is a bit more adjusted now that the number of EP holders is much lesser than 2 years ago?
I read that there has been a significant reduction in EP holders.. does this mean that the chances are higher coz the number of people applying is lower ?

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Thu, 09 Jun 2022 10:09 am

I would be surprised if that makes it much easier for the Indian category. Competition would probably still be very stiff.

Out of curiosity, and hopefully I'm not being too intrusive, but what is stopping you from getting married to your girlfriend? You seem to be suggesting that you are holding back because you are not a PR. Why should that come in the way? I married under similar circumstances - around 6 and a half years ago.

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Fri, 10 Jun 2022 7:05 am

smoulder wrote:
Thu, 09 Jun 2022 10:09 am
I would be surprised if that makes it much easier for the Indian category. Competition would probably still be very stiff.

Out of curiosity, and hopefully I'm not being too intrusive, but what is stopping you from getting married to your girlfriend? You seem to be suggesting that you are holding back because you are not a PR. Why should that come in the way? I married under similar circumstances - around 6 and a half years ago.
Thank you for your comments.

The reason we are not getting married yet is because I am in a hurry to have a kid and I feel a bit unstable without having proper papers.. the uncertainty and instability of what happens if they refuse to renew the EP in 2024.. we really wanna make Singapore home on a long term basis

Some of these reasons are at this time a hinderance to get married.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 10 Jun 2022 9:49 am

truthhurts1 wrote:
Fri, 10 Jun 2022 7:05 am
smoulder wrote:

The reason we are not getting married yet is because I am in a hurry to have a kid and I feel a bit unstable without having proper papers.. the uncertainty and instability of what happens if they refuse to renew the EP in 2024.. we really wanna make Singapore home on a long term basis

I saw your previous posts. Based on your job and salary, I see a very low chance that your EP will be rejected (unless you do something that is not legal, etc).

NYY1
Reporter
Reporter

Post by NYY1 » Fri, 10 Jun 2022 11:40 am

truthhurts1 wrote:
smoulder wrote:

Spouse of a PR can apply for either PR or LTVP, no? Doesn't getting married provide more options and stability than trying to roll EPs / apply PR via PTS?

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Fri, 10 Jun 2022 11:59 am

NYY1 wrote:
Fri, 10 Jun 2022 11:40 am
truthhurts1 wrote:
smoulder wrote:

Spouse of a PR can apply for either PR or LTVP, no? Doesn't getting married provide more options and stability than trying to roll EPs / apply PR via PTS?
Agree with you on this actually, having a PR spouse prolly increases the chances but who knows..

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Fri, 10 Jun 2022 12:06 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 10 Jun 2022 9:49 am
truthhurts1 wrote:
smoulder wrote:

I saw your previous posts. Based on your job and salary, I see a very low chance that your EP will be rejected (unless you do something that is not legal, etc).

Thank you very much..