PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39226
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 6
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Jan 2022 4:20 pm

You mention 6 years experience, is that in Singapore as you only mention 1.5 years on an EP. Were you previously on an S pass or WP? If you total employment history in Singapore is 1.5 years, then I would have to concur with SF on his prognosis. However, success I feel is certain if you wait until you have a minimum of 24 months consecutive employment. Most EP are granted for 24 or 36 months. If you are on a 24 months EP, wait until your current EP has been renewed.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

stevo8989
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 8:19 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by stevo8989 » Thu, 20 Jan 2022 8:38 pm

Hi All,

I recently received the rejection letter from ICA after waiting for 10 months. I am currently considering to send an appeal letter and was hoping for you to help evaluate how likely my appeal will be approved.

Initial Application Profile
Age: 27
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Gender: Male
Marital status: Single
Education: Economics bachelors degree from Australia
Job: Finance Accountant
Salary: $49k pa (w/o bonus)
pass: EP
Siblings: Sister (PR in SG)
Duration in SG: 23 Months

During the waiting period, I've received a promotion and an increment.

Job: Senior Finance Accountant
Salary: 56k pa (w/o bonus)

I plan to highlight the career achievements I've obtained over the past 10 months in my appeal letter. On top of that, I plan to state that I have extended family(cousins with kids) that I am very close to.( Apparently they might take this into consideration)

Hoping to get your advice and guidance -Thanks in advance!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3819
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 20 Jan 2022 9:56 pm

stevo8989 wrote:
Thu, 20 Jan 2022 8:38 pm
Hi All,

I recently received the rejection letter from ICA after waiting for 10 months. I am currently considering to send an appeal letter and was hoping for you to help evaluate how likely my appeal will be approved.

Initial Application Profile
Age: 27
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Gender: Male
Marital status: Single
Education: Economics bachelors degree from Australia
Job: Finance Accountant
Salary: $49k pa (w/o bonus)
pass: EP
Siblings: Sister (PR in SG)
Duration in SG: 23 Months

During the waiting period, I've received a promotion and an increment.

Job: Senior Finance Accountant
Salary: 56k pa (w/o bonus)

I plan to highlight the career achievements I've obtained over the past 10 months in my appeal letter. On top of that, I plan to state that I have extended family(cousins with kids) that I am very close to.( Apparently they might take this into consideration)

Hoping to get your advice and guidance -Thanks in advance!
Not going to help with an appeal. 49K to 56K will not be considered as a big positive. Wait patiently and reapply after 1-1.5 years.

Extended family will not make any difference. The only case when relationship matters in PR is when you are sponsored by a SC/PR. In your case, it is not applicable at the moment.

nomadinsg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 11:23 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by nomadinsg » Fri, 21 Jan 2022 8:40 am

Hello,

We applied for PR in Aug 2021.

Profile:
Age: 44
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Gender: Female
Marital status: Married
Children: 1 son, 11 years old
Education: BA from US
Job: HR Manager
Salary: $120k pa (w/o bonus)
pass: EP
Duration in SG: 5.5 years

Spouse:
Age: 42
Race: White
Nationality: French
Education: Master's in Computer Science from France
Job: Head of Data
Salary: $120k pa (w/o bonus)
pass: EP

In your experience, what are our chances?

HODL
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 4:10 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by HODL » Fri, 21 Jan 2022 10:11 am

stevo8989 wrote:
Thu, 20 Jan 2022 8:38 pm
Hi All,

I recently received the rejection letter from ICA after waiting for 10 months. I am currently considering to send an appeal letter and was hoping for you to help evaluate how likely my appeal will be approved.

Initial Application Profile
Age: 27
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Gender: Male
Marital status: Single
Education: Economics bachelors degree from Australia
Job: Finance Accountant
Salary: $49k pa (w/o bonus)
pass: EP
Siblings: Sister (PR in SG)
Duration in SG: 23 Months

During the waiting period, I've received a promotion and an increment.

Job: Senior Finance Accountant
Salary: 56k pa (w/o bonus)

I plan to highlight the career achievements I've obtained over the past 10 months in my appeal letter. On top of that, I plan to state that I have extended family(cousins with kids) that I am very close to.( Apparently they might take this into consideration)

Hoping to get your advice and guidance -Thanks in advance!
10mnths..... rip.
during appeal process, they will ask for appeal letter meh ?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3819
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 21 Jan 2022 11:17 am

nomadinsg wrote:
Fri, 21 Jan 2022 8:40 am
Hello,

We applied for PR in Aug 2021.

Profile:
Age: 44
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Gender: Female
Marital status: Married
Children: 1 son, 11 years old
Education: BA from US
Job: HR Manager
Salary: $120k pa (w/o bonus)
pass: EP
Duration in SG: 5.5 years

Spouse:
Age: 42
Race: White
Nationality: French
Education: Master's in Computer Science from France
Job: Head of Data
Salary: $120k pa (w/o bonus)
pass: EP

In your experience, what are our chances?
Little Low because of age and diverse family mix.
But still try as you have the quota advantage if you are the main applicant.

nomadinsg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 11:23 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by nomadinsg » Fri, 21 Jan 2022 11:49 am

Thanks, appreciate the feedback! Will update when I hear.

stevo8989
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 8:19 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by stevo8989 » Fri, 21 Jan 2022 7:23 pm

HODL wrote:
Fri, 21 Jan 2022 10:11 am
stevo8989 wrote:
Thu, 20 Jan 2022 8:38 pm
Hi All,

I recently received the rejection letter from ICA after waiting for 10 months. I am currently considering to send an appeal letter and was hoping for you to help evaluate how likely my appeal will be approved.

Initial Application Profile
Age: 27
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Gender: Male
Marital status: Single
Education: Economics bachelors degree from Australia
Job: Finance Accountant
Salary: $49k pa (w/o bonus)
pass: EP
Siblings: Sister (PR in SG)
Duration in SG: 23 Months

During the waiting period, I've received a promotion and an increment.

Job: Senior Finance Accountant
Salary: 56k pa (w/o bonus)

I plan to highlight the career achievements I've obtained over the past 10 months in my appeal letter. On top of that, I plan to state that I have extended family(cousins with kids) that I am very close to.( Apparently they might take this into consideration)

Hoping to get your advice and guidance -Thanks in advance!
10mnths..... rip.
during appeal process, they will ask for appeal letter meh ?
you have to send in a physical appeal letter. Believe that is the current process or at least what I have heard from multiple PR consultants.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3819
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 21 Jan 2022 9:45 pm

stevo8989 wrote:
Fri, 21 Jan 2022 7:23 pm
HODL wrote:
Fri, 21 Jan 2022 10:11 am
stevo8989 wrote:
Thu, 20 Jan 2022 8:38 pm
Hi All,

I recently received the rejection letter from ICA after waiting for 10 months. I am currently considering to send an appeal letter and was hoping for you to help evaluate how likely my appeal will be approved.

Initial Application Profile
Age: 27
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Gender: Male
Marital status: Single
Education: Economics bachelors degree from Australia
Job: Finance Accountant
Salary: $49k pa (w/o bonus)
pass: EP
Siblings: Sister (PR in SG)
Duration in SG: 23 Months

During the waiting period, I've received a promotion and an increment.

Job: Senior Finance Accountant
Salary: 56k pa (w/o bonus)

I plan to highlight the career achievements I've obtained over the past 10 months in my appeal letter. On top of that, I plan to state that I have extended family(cousins with kids) that I am very close to.( Apparently they might take this into consideration)

Hoping to get your advice and guidance -Thanks in advance!
10mnths..... rip.
during appeal process, they will ask for appeal letter meh ?
you have to send in a physical appeal letter. Believe that is the current process or at least what I have heard from multiple PR consultants.
It can be either electronic or physical. What matters is the content if it is really valid to turn the decision. In most cases, appeals fail

HODL
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 4:10 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by HODL » Sat, 22 Jan 2022 4:35 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 21 Jan 2022 9:45 pm
stevo8989 wrote:
Fri, 21 Jan 2022 7:23 pm
HODL wrote:
Fri, 21 Jan 2022 10:11 am


10mnths..... rip.
during appeal process, they will ask for appeal letter meh ?
you have to send in a physical appeal letter. Believe that is the current process or at least what I have heard from multiple PR consultants.
It can be either electronic or physical. What matters is the content if it is really valid to turn the decision. In most cases, appeals fail
If appeal letter says that i just ROM-ed, is it a good enough valid reason ??

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39226
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 6
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 Jan 2022 5:17 pm

Nope. Cannot be any information/action taken after the original application date. If it happened after the date on your application, it is what it is. It will require a period of time before you can submit a new application. Theoretically 6 months, realistically, from 17 years of anecdotal evidence, 24 months between rejection and new application.

As long as you have a high rejection threshold, pay your money and submit. Who knows it's only time and money. lose a little money and lose a lot of time if you wasted the time it will take to get rejected on the appeal which might not be finalized for months. Months that could have been waiting for the new application window. Why be stubborn when you know you are basically a shoe-in IF you just follow proper procedure without trying to push ICA to make a decision earlier. They have the upper hand, not you. When you come with your hat in your hand, you really shouldn't draw attention to yourself. Now if you were a brain surgeon or rocket scientist, it might be another story. Sadly, Singapore had plenty of accountants.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2651
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 2

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 24 Jan 2022 2:41 am

stevo8989 wrote:
Thu, 20 Jan 2022 8:38 pm
Hi All,

I recently received the rejection letter from ICA after waiting for 10 months. I am currently considering to send an appeal letter and was hoping for you to help evaluate how likely my appeal will be approved.

Initial Application Profile
Age: 27
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Gender: Male
Marital status: Single
Education: Economics bachelors degree from Australia
Job: Finance Accountant
Salary: $49k pa (w/o bonus)
pass: EP
Siblings: Sister (PR in SG)
Duration in SG: 23 Months

During the waiting period, I've received a promotion and an increment.

Job: Senior Finance Accountant
Salary: 56k pa (w/o bonus)

I plan to highlight the career achievements I've obtained over the past 10 months in my appeal letter. On top of that, I plan to state that I have extended family(cousins with kids) that I am very close to.( Apparently they might take this into consideration)

Hoping to get your advice and guidance -Thanks in advance!
Congrats on the promotion and accompanying salary increment. Unfortunately as SF says, the increase in not nearly enough to make a difference, being “close” with extended family will also make no difference. The only thing that will make a difference is time. Wait a year or two before reapplying, by then perhaps some other factors will have changed for the better for you.

Lisafuller
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2651
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 2

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 24 Jan 2022 2:42 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 21 Jan 2022 9:45 pm
stevo8989 wrote:
Fri, 21 Jan 2022 7:23 pm
HODL wrote:
Fri, 21 Jan 2022 10:11 am


10mnths..... rip.
during appeal process, they will ask for appeal letter meh ?
you have to send in a physical appeal letter. Believe that is the current process or at least what I have heard from multiple PR consultants.
It can be either electronic or physical. What matters is the content if it is really valid to turn the decision. In most cases, appeals fail
Any idea of appeal success rates? I’ve still yet to personally hear of a success story,

Lisafuller
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2651
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 2

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 24 Jan 2022 2:44 am

HODL wrote:
Fri, 21 Jan 2022 10:11 am
stevo8989 wrote:
Thu, 20 Jan 2022 8:38 pm
Hi All,

I recently received the rejection letter from ICA after waiting for 10 months. I am currently considering to send an appeal letter and was hoping for you to help evaluate how likely my appeal will be approved.

Initial Application Profile
Age: 27
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Gender: Male
Marital status: Single
Education: Economics bachelors degree from Australia
Job: Finance Accountant
Salary: $49k pa (w/o bonus)
pass: EP
Siblings: Sister (PR in SG)
Duration in SG: 23 Months

During the waiting period, I've received a promotion and an increment.

Job: Senior Finance Accountant
Salary: 56k pa (w/o bonus)

I plan to highlight the career achievements I've obtained over the past 10 months in my appeal letter. On top of that, I plan to state that I have extended family(cousins with kids) that I am very close to.( Apparently they might take this into consideration)

Hoping to get your advice and guidance -Thanks in advance!
10mnths..... rip.
during appeal process, they will ask for appeal letter meh ?
It’s not something they ask for, just an implicit option.

Lisafuller
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2651
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 2

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 24 Jan 2022 2:48 am

yanyaninsg wrote:
Fri, 14 Jan 2022 12:06 pm
Thank you SF! Definitely gave me something to think about.
The reason I mentioned MP is because we are in the same community/church, and volunteer/serve in different capacity, I know it's not "something great to Singapore", so just want to know whether it will make a slight help on the chances.
(not trying to take it as shortcuts)
Be very strategic with your recommendation letters. In SG, it’s not about who is writing the letter, it’s about what they’re writing, the best letters are ones that support your character but also show that you have made a notable contribution to SG, doesn’t matter if it was written by an MP if the MP has nothing real to say about you.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests