PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3819
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 07 Jan 2022 12:06 pm

Benenva wrote:
Thu, 06 Jan 2022 8:57 pm
Hi everyone, hope you’re all well and keeping safe!

Apologies for the lengthy post, but I’m planning to apply for PR for the second time (applied first time in May 2019 and rejected in Oct 2019) and would like to get some feedback. Sharing current profile details, improvements since rejection and a few clarifying questions I was hoping you could help answer:

Current Profile:
• Age: 31
• Race: British
• Gender: Male
• Marital Status: Married (in Singapore)
• Children: 20 month old daughter
• Religion: Free thinker
• Education: 2.1 Bachelor of Arts in German and Economics from University of London
• Industry: Advertising Technology
• Position: Account Director leading a team of 3
• Pass: Employment Pass
• Salary: Basic 146k/annum, Gross 197k/annum
• No. of tax paid: 4 times
• Length of stay: 4.5 years

Spouse:
• Age: 31
• Race: Serbian
• Gender: Female
• Education: Diploma Media & Communications
• Industry: Opened a sole proprietorship in Singapore in Oct 2021 to deliver personal training classes to local post-partum mothers (5 Singaporean clients thus far)
• Pass: Dependent Pass
• Salary: ~1.5k/month


We used an agency for our first application and from reading some of the threads on here, I can see that was a mistake (planning to apply independently this time)! Improvements in profile since we last applied include:

• Starting a family in Singapore
• 6% increase in salary and becoming a team lead (previously an individual contributor)
• Spouse completing a personal training certification and opening a sole proprietorship in SG, targeting Singaporean post-partum mothers
• Investment portfolio in Singapore


Questions I was helping you could help me with:

1. What is the likelihood of approval based on our profile and is now a good time to apply?
2. Should I or my spouse apply as the main applicant? We are planning to apply as a family.
3. If I apply as the main applicant, would it be worthwhile emailing the ICA a copy of my spouse’s personal training certification and the ACRA business profile of her sole proprietorship?


Thanks in advance for your help!
1. Profile and Salary wise you should be the main applicant
2. Applying as a family is always better
3. ACRA business profile - They will ask the business details in her personal section in the application.

But in short at this moment, your chance may look very low due to the quota mainly.

Benenva
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 8:22 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Benenva » Fri, 07 Jan 2022 12:50 pm

@Singaporeflyer - cheers, appreciate the feedback!

yanyaninsg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 7:02 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by yanyaninsg » Thu, 13 Jan 2022 7:26 pm

Hi everyone!

Read a few posts and would like to pick everyone's brain a bit.

I plan to apply PR for the second time (first application was in July 2019 and rejected in Jan 2020, appealed but rejected again, I can definitely blame covid but I guess there's more to this)

Here's my profile:

• Age: 36
• Race: Chinese (from China)
• Gender: Female
• Marital Status: Single
• Religion: Christian
• Education: Bachelor of Arts in French at a Uni in CN
• Industry: Advertising / Marketing
• Position: Account manager
• Pass: S Pass
• Salary: 3.6k/month
• Length of stay: reaching 4.5 years this March

I used an agency on 1st application, but honestly didn't think the volunteering record and cover letter had too much impact. Planning to re-apply soon this quarter by myself.

Improvement since last application:
- Promotion from account executive to account manager (same company for 3.5 years)
- 18% pay raise

Would like to have some input and advise, also want to know whether a recommendation letter from church member, and from my boss would help?

Thank you in advance!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3819
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 13 Jan 2022 8:57 pm

yanyaninsg wrote:
Thu, 13 Jan 2022 7:26 pm
Hi everyone!

Read a few posts and would like to pick everyone's brain a bit.

I plan to apply PR for the second time (first application was in July 2019 and rejected in Jan 2020, appealed but rejected again, I can definitely blame covid but I guess there's more to this)

Here's my profile:

• Age: 36
• Race: Chinese (from China)
• Gender: Female
• Marital Status: Single
• Religion: Christian
• Education: Bachelor of Arts in French at a Uni in CN
• Industry: Advertising / Marketing
• Position: Account manager
• Pass: S Pass
• Salary: 3.6k/month
• Length of stay: reaching 4.5 years this March

I used an agency on 1st application, but honestly didn't think the volunteering record and cover letter had too much impact. Planning to re-apply soon this quarter by myself.

Improvement since last application:
- Promotion from account executive to account manager (same company for 3.5 years)
- 18% pay raise

Would like to have some input and advise, also want to know whether a recommendation letter from church member, and from my boss would help?

Thank you in advance!
Not going to be easy especially when you are on S Pass. Move to EP, increase salary and then apply.

Recommendation from Church and Boss MAY not help. Recommendation from company will help if there has been some good/strong contribution in a domain/industry that adds lot of value to Singapore.

yanyaninsg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 7:02 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by yanyaninsg » Thu, 13 Jan 2022 9:18 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 13 Jan 2022 8:57 pm
yanyaninsg wrote:
Thu, 13 Jan 2022 7:26 pm
Hi everyone!

Read a few posts and would like to pick everyone's brain a bit.

I plan to apply PR for the second time (first application was in July 2019 and rejected in Jan 2020, appealed but rejected again, I can definitely blame covid but I guess there's more to this)

Here's my profile:

• Age: 36
• Race: Chinese (from China)
• Gender: Female
• Marital Status: Single
• Religion: Christian
• Education: Bachelor of Arts in French at a Uni in CN
• Industry: Advertising / Marketing
• Position: Account manager
• Pass: S Pass
• Salary: 3.6k/month
• Length of stay: reaching 4.5 years this March

I used an agency on 1st application, but honestly didn't think the volunteering record and cover letter had too much impact. Planning to re-apply soon this quarter by myself.

Improvement since last application:
- Promotion from account executive to account manager (same company for 3.5 years)
- 18% pay raise

Would like to have some input and advise, also want to know whether a recommendation letter from church member, and from my boss would help?

Thank you in advance!
Not going to be easy especially when you are on S Pass. Move to EP, increase salary and then apply.

Recommendation from Church and Boss MAY not help. Recommendation from company will help if there has been some good/strong contribution in a domain/industry that adds lot of value to Singapore.
Much appreciate your input SF! A bit tricky to bump the visa/salary consider the promotion is fairly recent; I might still choose to give it a go. Just a quick check, if the rec letter from church/community/boss wouldn't help, how about one from a member of parliament? Trying to find a way to help with the odds.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3819
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 13 Jan 2022 9:26 pm

yanyaninsg wrote:
Thu, 13 Jan 2022 9:18 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 13 Jan 2022 8:57 pm
yanyaninsg wrote:
Thu, 13 Jan 2022 7:26 pm
Hi everyone!

Read a few posts and would like to pick everyone's brain a bit.

I plan to apply PR for the second time (first application was in July 2019 and rejected in Jan 2020, appealed but rejected again, I can definitely blame covid but I guess there's more to this)

Here's my profile:

• Age: 36
• Race: Chinese (from China)
• Gender: Female
• Marital Status: Single
• Religion: Christian
• Education: Bachelor of Arts in French at a Uni in CN
• Industry: Advertising / Marketing
• Position: Account manager
• Pass: S Pass
• Salary: 3.6k/month
• Length of stay: reaching 4.5 years this March

I used an agency on 1st application, but honestly didn't think the volunteering record and cover letter had too much impact. Planning to re-apply soon this quarter by myself.

Improvement since last application:
- Promotion from account executive to account manager (same company for 3.5 years)
- 18% pay raise

Would like to have some input and advise, also want to know whether a recommendation letter from church member, and from my boss would help?

Thank you in advance!
Not going to be easy especially when you are on S Pass. Move to EP, increase salary and then apply.

Recommendation from Church and Boss MAY not help. Recommendation from company will help if there has been some good/strong contribution in a domain/industry that adds lot of value to Singapore.
Much appreciate your input SF! A bit tricky to bump the visa/salary consider the promotion is fairly recent; I might still choose to give it a go. Just a quick check, if the rec letter from church/community/boss wouldn't help, how about one from a member of parliament? Trying to find a way to help with the odds.
How will a MP give a recommendation later unless you have done something great to Singapore? Not demotivating you, but I would not try this route.

Secondly, MP's mostly are to help Singaporeans in case of issues.

Even if you have recommendation letter from MP's, ICA will still follow their normal rules. No shortcuts

yanyaninsg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 7:02 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by yanyaninsg » Fri, 14 Jan 2022 12:06 pm

Thank you SF! Definitely gave me something to think about.
The reason I mentioned MP is because we are in the same community/church, and volunteer/serve in different capacity, I know it's not "something great to Singapore", so just want to know whether it will make a slight help on the chances.
(not trying to take it as shortcuts)

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3819
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 14 Jan 2022 12:14 pm

yanyaninsg wrote:
Fri, 14 Jan 2022 12:06 pm
Thank you SF! Definitely gave me something to think about.
The reason I mentioned MP is because we are in the same community/church, and volunteer/serve in different capacity, I know it's not "something great to Singapore", so just want to know whether it will make a slight help on the chances.
(not trying to take it as shortcuts)
Surely won't make any difference at all.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 2:20 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by mystic_river » Fri, 14 Jan 2022 2:22 pm

i think what SF is trying to say here is that MP letter will add absolutely no value to your application. All applications are considered purely on merit and and an MP letter will not make the ICA "give chance" to you. no such thing.

gamergirl91
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 4:21 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by gamergirl91 » Sun, 16 Jan 2022 5:50 pm

Hi all, can you help me assess my chances?

About me: Single, 31F, Indian (race & nationality)
In Singapore: since 01/2015
Education: Masters at NUS
Working: in a fintech now, data role
Salary: S$102k + bonus (about $12k)

I'm planning to submit my application in a week. Last applied in 2017 (was earning $54k).

pav2022
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 12:50 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by pav2022 » Mon, 17 Jan 2022 4:09 pm

Hi all, need your help to assess my chances for 2nd time for PR.

About me: Married, 43M, Indian, 2 kids - girls 10/12 years old, technology sector
Singapore since 3.5 years
Educations: MBA and CPA
Wife: Homemaker
Salary: Base 450k + bonus/stock: 250k

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3819
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 17 Jan 2022 6:18 pm

pav2022 wrote:
Mon, 17 Jan 2022 4:09 pm
Hi all, need your help to assess my chances for 2nd time for PR.

About me: Married, 43M, Indian, 2 kids - girls 10/12 years old, technology sector
Singapore since 3.5 years
Educations: MBA and CPA
Wife: Homemaker
Salary: Base 450k + bonus/stock: 250k
Chance will be low due to quota, age and high sal (which means you may leave anytime)

HODL
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 4:10 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by HODL » Mon, 17 Jan 2022 10:54 pm

Sibei long lieww..

chris.snave
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 2:49 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by chris.snave » Wed, 19 Jan 2022 12:29 am

Hello, I'm trying to calculate my PR chances in May after my first tax filing.

• Age: 33
• Race: Chinese
• Nationality: Indonesian
• Gender: Male
• Marital Status: Single
• Children: None
• Religion: Free thinker (Christian on national ID)
• Education: Local secondary school, UK university in SG, UK university in China and Masters in UK
• Position: Software Engineer
• Pass: Employment Pass
• Experience: 6 years
• Salary: base 108k/annum
• No. of tax paid: 1 time
• Length of stay: 1.5 years on EP out of 10 years total
• Family: Sister is PR and has been living here for ~14 years along with 2 SC aunties (not sure if relevant).

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3819
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 19 Jan 2022 10:35 am

chris.snave wrote:
Wed, 19 Jan 2022 12:29 am
Hello, I'm trying to calculate my PR chances in May after my first tax filing.

• Age: 33
• Race: Chinese
• Nationality: Indonesian
• Gender: Male
• Marital Status: Single
• Children: None
• Religion: Free thinker (Christian on national ID)
• Education: Local secondary school, UK university in SG, UK university in China and Masters in UK
• Position: Software Engineer
• Pass: Employment Pass
• Experience: 6 years
• Salary: base 108k/annum
• No. of tax paid: 1 time
• Length of stay: 1.5 years on EP out of 10 years total
• Family: Sister is PR and has been living here for ~14 years along with 2 SC aunties (not sure if relevant).
Feel little too early.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests