PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Lisafuller
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2030
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 2

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 30 Nov 2021 2:06 am

diggs wrote:
Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:52 pm
smoulder wrote:
Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:45 pm
diggs wrote:
Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:41 pm
Hi all, curious what you recommend for me, whether to apply for PR via my EP, or via spouse? Or wait a bit?


Self
Age: 32
Race: Mixed
Nationality: German
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married
Education: Bachelors, law degree, masters of laws (US and UK)
Industry: Financial Services
Position: Lawyer
Annual basic: S$200K
Length in Singapore: 2 years
Married: Nov 2021
What's your spouse's status - SC or PR? Does she work? What are your races? And how long have you been married?

If your spouse is an SC and is working, then it's probably a good idea to apply via her after at least 2 years of marriage.
Spouse - SC, Chinese Singaporean, working. I'm mixed, Caucasian and african-american.

Ok, so not even apply on my own via my EP, just wait two years after marriage?
Definitely apply through your wife, chances will be much higher. Although like others have mentioned, still a little early, but in my opinion no harm trying.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3667
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 30 Nov 2021 9:29 am

sengun wrote:
Tue, 30 Nov 2021 1:52 am
I know I haven't been here for too long. My understanding is the process takes a while. I am thinking might as well take a shot now.

Myself
Age: 30
Race: Chinese
Nationality: American
Gender: male
Marital Status: single
Education: Ivy league (not the most selective ones)
Industry: FAANG
Position: software engineer (EP pass holder)
Annual base salary: S$230K
Total work experience: 8 years (at other FAANG companies)
Length in Singapore: almost 1 year
Surely, too short in SG

geroy1981
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 4:56 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by geroy1981 » Tue, 30 Nov 2021 3:38 pm

Hi All,

Please assess our PR Application as a family. I applied last May 2021 and it is still pending.

Here is My Profile
Length of Stay in Singapore: More than 10 yrs. (Since 2010)
Field of Work: IT Support in IT Company
Salary: $37,200 per yr + Bonus
Work Permit: Spass
Nationality: Filipino
Educational Attainment: Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
Organization Joined: Church Choir since 2018

My Wife Profile
Length of stay in Singapore: More than 6 yrs (Since 2014)
Field of Work: Accountant in Construction Company
Work Permit: Spass
Nationality: Filipino
Educational Attainment: Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
Salary: $36,000 per yr + Bonus
Organization Joined: Church Choir since 2018

Baby Boy born last Feb 2021 in Singapore

Thank you

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3667
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 30 Nov 2021 4:26 pm

geroy1981 wrote:
Tue, 30 Nov 2021 3:38 pm
Hi All,

Please assess our PR Application as a family. I applied last May 2021 and it is still pending.

Here is My Profile
Length of Stay in Singapore: More than 10 yrs. (Since 2010)
Field of Work: IT Support in IT Company
Salary: $37,200 per yr + Bonus
Work Permit: Spass
Nationality: Filipino
Educational Attainment: Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
Organization Joined: Church Choir since 2018

My Wife Profile
Length of stay in Singapore: More than 6 yrs (Since 2014)
Field of Work: Accountant in Construction Company
Work Permit: Spass
Nationality: Filipino
Educational Attainment: Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
Salary: $36,000 per yr + Bonus
Organization Joined: Church Choir since 2018

Baby Boy born last Feb 2021 in Singapore

Thank you
Not going to be easy. Low chance. Sorry

geroy1981
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 4:56 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by geroy1981 » Tue, 30 Nov 2021 4:51 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 30 Nov 2021 4:26 pm
geroy1981 wrote:
Tue, 30 Nov 2021 3:38 pm
Hi All,

Please assess our PR Application as a family. I applied last May 2021 and it is still pending.

Here is My Profile
Length of Stay in Singapore: More than 10 yrs. (Since 2010)
Field of Work: IT Support in IT Company
Salary: $37,200 per yr + Bonus
Work Permit: Spass
Nationality: Filipino
Educational Attainment: Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
Organization Joined: Church Choir since 2018

My Wife Profile
Length of stay in Singapore: More than 6 yrs (Since 2014)
Field of Work: Accountant in Construction Company
Work Permit: Spass
Nationality: Filipino
Educational Attainment: Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
Salary: $36,000 per yr + Bonus
Organization Joined: Church Choir since 2018

Baby Boy born last Feb 2021 in Singapore

Thank you
Not going to be easy. Low chance. Sorry
Thanks for your honest opinion

MiloPeng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 1:42 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by MiloPeng » Tue, 30 Nov 2021 8:55 pm

mystic_river wrote:
Mon, 29 Nov 2021 9:31 am
MiloPeng wrote:
Sun, 28 Nov 2021 9:12 pm
mystic_river wrote:
Sun, 28 Nov 2021 4:57 pm


Work for 2 more years and apply again and you should have a fair chance
Just an honest question - what would the big difference be between 2 years and now? The number of tax cycles? I have already applied for the PR a few years back as a student as well.

In all honesty, I already very much consider Singapore my home, and all my friends are here in Singapore as well given that I literally spent all my formative years here. To be very frank, a Singapore citizenship does not really have much merit in terms of welfare etc over my current citizenship status.
I’m confused, are you applying for PR or SC?

Reason for waiting for 2 more years to apply again is simply because you are applying under the PTS scheme and the rule of thumb to show the stability of your career is 3 tax assessments.
but all I wish for is to simply just settle down here and become an official citizen of my adopted home so it's just quite perplexing and frustrating sometimes
You’re telling me. I’ve been a PR for >15 years. Studied in local schools/uni. I consider my local friends to be my family and I have absolutely no affinity to my home country. And yet, I’m not a citizen of SG.

If it helps, don’t take it personally. SG doesn’t care about your feelings. She only cares to see if you becoming a citizen here would server her purposes, not yours.
I meant I applied for it on a student pass and was rejected previously before as well. Yeap - I knew that and I know that they don't give a damn about what I feel - just that it gets a tad bit ludicrous and frustrating after a point when I've just been seeing friends of Chinese ethnicity (happy for them) who have stayed here for a lot less than I have (and a lot less integrated) getting it with such ease.
But eh, what do I know about policymaking :)
Last edited by MiloPeng on Tue, 30 Nov 2021 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MiloPeng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 1:42 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by MiloPeng » Tue, 30 Nov 2021 8:58 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 29 Nov 2021 12:03 pm
All the time spend studying/schooling in Singapore means naught for PR applications unless it is dependent PR of your parents. Normally, you need to have 2 full years of employment (or three tax assessments-doesn't mean pay any taxes but having to file). The other problem is they fact that you are S. Korean, which means you fall into the other's categories and that has a very, very small quota annually. You cannot do anything about that, but you can wait till you have two years (e.g., 24 consecutive months of employment). Good Luck.
Thanks for that.
Yeap - I am nearing the 2 years mark of my employment and am also expecting a salary change prior to that. Would you still recommend me to wait for the 2 years mark or give it a shot again after a salary bump?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38944
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 30 Nov 2021 10:27 pm

You will have a better chance if you wait. This especially so, considering the low number in the "Other's" quota and near the end of the year. Obviously we don't know how many are in the queue ahead of you but I'm sure applications are time stamped in some format. But completion of any application will be sole on it's own merits and not so will not be processed in a numerical order, but just started in one. Salary bump, while nice is one thing, but knowing that 2 years is optimum will probably carry more weight. But if you are a gambling person, go ahead and apply. If you are rejected, you will need to, again, optimally, have to wait two years from the rejection to apply again. Good Luck which ever way you go.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

newbi8
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 10:42 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by newbi8 » Thu, 02 Dec 2021 10:54 pm

Hello respected members,

Can you please assess my chances?

Age: 39
Race: Indian
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married for 6 months (regd. in Singapore)
Education: Bachelor of Engineering (India), part-time masters from local uni
Job: Software Engineer
Length of stay in Singapore: 8 years (3 jobs)
Total Job Experience: 16 Years
Salary: 165K (base)
Pass: EP

applying with spouse
Age: 38
Race: Filipino
Education: Bachelor of Arts (Philippines)
Job: Manager, content strategy
Length of stay in Singapore: 8 years (worked in 3 companies after coming to Singapore)
Total Job Experience: 15 Years
Salary: 75K (base)
Pass: SP

I had applied twice in 2016 and 2020 (when I was single).

Major changes from last application
1. More investments in Singapore (via robo-advisor apps)
2. Will apply with spouse
3. Increase in base salary (6%) and assessable income (vesting of RSUs)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38944
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 Dec 2021 11:39 pm

newbi8 wrote:
Thu, 02 Dec 2021 10:54 pm
Hello respected members,

Can you please assess my chances?

I had applied twice in 2016 and 2020 (when I was single).

Major changes from last application
1. More investments in Singapore (via robo-advisor apps)
2. Will apply with spouse
3. Increase in base salary (6%) and assessable income (vesting of RSUs)
1. Nil benefit to the country. Only to you. No positive or negative effect on the application.
2. Negative effect on your application. The Quotas for "Others" is only 1/5 the size of the small quota for Indians.
3. Salary increase is only a bit above COLA, not enough to make any sort of impact. Assessable income is not taken into consideration unless you are applying in the realm of Eduardo Severin with some serious change to invest here.

Additionally, you didn't indicate when rejected in 2020, but conventional wisdom is not to apply until 24 months after last rejection.

You can try, but don't hold your breath while waiting.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

newbi8
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 10:42 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by newbi8 » Fri, 03 Dec 2021 12:18 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 02 Dec 2021 11:39 pm
newbi8 wrote:
Thu, 02 Dec 2021 10:54 pm
Hello respected members,

Can you please assess my chances?

I had applied twice in 2016 and 2020 (when I was single).

Major changes from last application
1. More investments in Singapore (via robo-advisor apps)
2. Will apply with spouse
3. Increase in base salary (6%) and assessable income (vesting of RSUs)
1. Nil benefit to the country. Only to you. No positive or negative effect on the application.
2. Negative effect on your application. The Quotas for "Others" is only 1/5 the size of the small quota for Indians.
3. Salary increase is only a bit above COLA, not enough to make any sort of impact. Assessable income is not taken into consideration unless you are applying in the realm of Eduardo Severin with some serious change to invest here.

Additionally, you didn't indicate when rejected in 2020, but conventional wisdom is not to apply until 24 months after last rejection.

You can try, but don't hold your breath while waiting.
thank you so much for responding and correcting @sundaymorningstaple! for #2 I thought that applying with a spouse could show intent to stay in Singapore long-term & sink roots; if that is not the case, would it be better to apply on my own again?

apologies for missing out on the exact date; my 2020 rejection was in Oct-2020.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38944
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 03 Dec 2021 1:10 am

You are correct in your assumption on #2....IF your spouse was already a PR or better yet an SGC. As far a applying again on you own, doubtful any success if application is before Oct 2022. And a lot can happen between now and then. If you jump the gun, you stand the chance of having to start the waiting period all over again. No, you will not find this written down on any ICA web page. But we've been collecting anecdotal evidence for over 17 years here and I daresay, our combined knowledge of our long term regulars here is without parallel in my personal opinion.

Wait until you have two years of marriage under your belt and two years since last rejection. The marriage will be okay by that time as it wont look so much like a marriage of convenience to gain PR. ;-)
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

sgpexpat50
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 6:03 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sgpexpat50 » Sun, 05 Dec 2021 3:03 am

:(
Last edited by sgpexpat50 on Thu, 09 Dec 2021 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

smoulder
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by smoulder » Sun, 05 Dec 2021 12:54 pm

sgpexpat50 wrote:
Sun, 05 Dec 2021 3:03 am
I have applied for PR 10 months ago and it is in process, if I changed my mind what's the process?
What's your profile? High chance they will reject you and save you the "trouble" 😏

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3667
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 05 Dec 2021 6:04 pm

smoulder wrote:
Sun, 05 Dec 2021 12:54 pm
sgpexpat50 wrote:
Sun, 05 Dec 2021 3:03 am
I have applied for PR 10 months ago and it is in process, if I changed my mind what's the process?
What's your profile? High chance they will reject you and save you the "trouble" 😏
it is there in his previous posts

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests