PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
MiloPeng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 1:42 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by MiloPeng » Sun, 28 Nov 2021 9:12 pm

mystic_river wrote:
Sun, 28 Nov 2021 4:57 pm
MiloPeng wrote:
Sun, 28 Nov 2021 8:38 am
Just got rejected after 4 months of waiting.
Under Others categoty, graduated about a year back from a local university, lived in Singapore for 14 years (went to local institutions since young), salary is borderline 6 figures, speaks fluent mandarin (if that's any prereq for integration lol)
Never expected this to be a walk in the park, but that was a quick rejection
Work for 2 more years and apply again and you should have a fair chance
Just an honest question - what would the big difference be between 2 years and now? The number of tax cycles? I have already applied for the PR a few years back as a student as well.

In all honesty, I already very much consider Singapore my home, and all my friends are here in Singapore as well given that I literally spent all my formative years here. To be very frank, a Singapore citizenship does not really have much merit in terms of welfare etc over my current citizenship status, but all I wish for is to simply just settle down here and become an official citizen of my adopted home so it's just quite perplexing and frustrating sometimes.

Lisafuller
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2030
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 2

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:37 am

JWNYsg wrote:
Sun, 28 Nov 2021 7:13 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 28 Nov 2021 10:10 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 28 Nov 2021 4:21 am


Possible, but more influential factors are things like race, income, and previous and potential contributions, although that’s a rather vague and arbitrary criteria.
The Sponsor's income is a main factor.
Hi flyer. Thanks for kind reply. Any gauge for “good”? 10k and above per month?
There really isn’t a hard and fast rule, although 10K seems to be more than enough.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 2:20 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by mystic_river » Mon, 29 Nov 2021 9:31 am

MiloPeng wrote:
Sun, 28 Nov 2021 9:12 pm
mystic_river wrote:
Sun, 28 Nov 2021 4:57 pm
MiloPeng wrote:
Sun, 28 Nov 2021 8:38 am
Just got rejected after 4 months of waiting.
Under Others categoty, graduated about a year back from a local university, lived in Singapore for 14 years (went to local institutions since young), salary is borderline 6 figures, speaks fluent mandarin (if that's any prereq for integration lol)
Never expected this to be a walk in the park, but that was a quick rejection
Work for 2 more years and apply again and you should have a fair chance
Just an honest question - what would the big difference be between 2 years and now? The number of tax cycles? I have already applied for the PR a few years back as a student as well.

In all honesty, I already very much consider Singapore my home, and all my friends are here in Singapore as well given that I literally spent all my formative years here. To be very frank, a Singapore citizenship does not really have much merit in terms of welfare etc over my current citizenship status.
I’m confused, are you applying for PR or SC?

Reason for waiting for 2 more years to apply again is simply because you are applying under the PTS scheme and the rule of thumb to show the stability of your career is 3 tax assessments.
but all I wish for is to simply just settle down here and become an official citizen of my adopted home so it's just quite perplexing and frustrating sometimes
You’re telling me. I’ve been a PR for >15 years. Studied in local schools/uni. I consider my local friends to be my family and I have absolutely no affinity to my home country. And yet, I’m not a citizen of SG.

If it helps, don’t take it personally. SG doesn’t care about your feelings. She only cares to see if you becoming a citizen here would server her purposes, not yours.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3667
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 29 Nov 2021 9:33 am

JWNYsg wrote:
Sun, 28 Nov 2021 7:13 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 28 Nov 2021 10:10 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 28 Nov 2021 4:21 am


Possible, but more influential factors are things like race, income, and previous and potential contributions, although that’s a rather vague and arbitrary criteria.
The Sponsor's income is a main factor.
Hi flyer. Thanks for kind reply. Any gauge for “good”? 10k and above per month?
Surely should be OK

HODL
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 4:10 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by HODL » Mon, 29 Nov 2021 9:50 am

MiloPeng wrote:
Sun, 28 Nov 2021 9:12 pm
mystic_river wrote:
Sun, 28 Nov 2021 4:57 pm
MiloPeng wrote:
Sun, 28 Nov 2021 8:38 am
Just got rejected after 4 months of waiting.
Under Others categoty, graduated about a year back from a local university, lived in Singapore for 14 years (went to local institutions since young), salary is borderline 6 figures, speaks fluent mandarin (if that's any prereq for integration lol)
Never expected this to be a walk in the park, but that was a quick rejection
Work for 2 more years and apply again and you should have a fair chance
Just an honest question - what would the big difference be between 2 years and now? The number of tax cycles? I have already applied for the PR a few years back as a student as well.

In all honesty, I already very much consider Singapore my home, and all my friends are here in Singapore as well given that I literally spent all my formative years here. To be very frank, a Singapore citizenship does not really have much merit in terms of welfare etc over my current citizenship status, but all I wish for is to simply just settle down here and become an official citizen of my adopted home so it's just quite perplexing and frustrating sometimes.
Just try again. no harm. 100$ only.
dont give up !

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38944
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 29 Nov 2021 12:03 pm

All the time spend studying/schooling in Singapore means naught for PR applications unless it is dependent PR of your parents. Normally, you need to have 2 full years of employment (or three tax assessments-doesn't mean pay any taxes but having to file). The other problem is they fact that you are S. Korean, which means you fall into the other's categories and that has a very, very small quota annually. You cannot do anything about that, but you can wait till you have two years (e.g., 24 consecutive months of employment). Good Luck.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

diggs
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:36 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by diggs » Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:41 pm

Hi all, curious what you recommend for me, whether to apply for PR via my EP, or via spouse? Or wait a bit?


Self
Age: 32
Race: Mixed
Nationality: German
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married
Education: Bachelors, law degree, masters of laws (US and UK)
Industry: Financial Services
Position: Lawyer
Annual basic: S$200K
Length in Singapore: 2 years
Married: Nov 2021

smoulder
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by smoulder » Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:45 pm

diggs wrote:
Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:41 pm
Hi all, curious what you recommend for me, whether to apply for PR via my EP, or via spouse? Or wait a bit?


Self
Age: 32
Race: Mixed
Nationality: German
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married
Education: Bachelors, law degree, masters of laws (US and UK)
Industry: Financial Services
Position: Lawyer
Annual basic: S$200K
Length in Singapore: 2 years
Married: Nov 2021
What's your spouse's status - SC or PR? Does she work? What are your races? And how long have you been married?

If your spouse is an SC and is working, then it's probably a good idea to apply via her after at least 2 years of marriage.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3667
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:46 pm

diggs wrote:
Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:41 pm
Hi all, curious what you recommend for me, whether to apply for PR via my EP, or via spouse? Or wait a bit?


Self
Age: 32
Race: Mixed
Nationality: German
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married
Education: Bachelors, law degree, masters of laws (US and UK)
Industry: Financial Services
Position: Lawyer
Annual basic: S$200K
Length in Singapore: 2 years
Married: Nov 2021
Too early. Not even a month since married.

diggs
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:36 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by diggs » Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:52 pm

smoulder wrote:
Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:45 pm
diggs wrote:
Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:41 pm
Hi all, curious what you recommend for me, whether to apply for PR via my EP, or via spouse? Or wait a bit?


Self
Age: 32
Race: Mixed
Nationality: German
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married
Education: Bachelors, law degree, masters of laws (US and UK)
Industry: Financial Services
Position: Lawyer
Annual basic: S$200K
Length in Singapore: 2 years
Married: Nov 2021
What's your spouse's status - SC or PR? Does she work? What are your races? And how long have you been married?

If your spouse is an SC and is working, then it's probably a good idea to apply via her after at least 2 years of marriage.
Spouse - SC, Chinese Singaporean, working. I'm mixed, Caucasian and african-american.

Ok, so not even apply on my own via my EP, just wait two years after marriage?

smoulder
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by smoulder » Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:56 pm

diggs wrote:
Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:52 pm
smoulder wrote:
Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:45 pm
diggs wrote:
Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:41 pm
Hi all, curious what you recommend for me, whether to apply for PR via my EP, or via spouse? Or wait a bit?


Self
Age: 32
Race: Mixed
Nationality: German
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married
Education: Bachelors, law degree, masters of laws (US and UK)
Industry: Financial Services
Position: Lawyer
Annual basic: S$200K
Length in Singapore: 2 years
Married: Nov 2021
What's your spouse's status - SC or PR? Does she work? What are your races? And how long have you been married?

If your spouse is an SC and is working, then it's probably a good idea to apply via her after at least 2 years of marriage.
Spouse - SC, Chinese Singaporean, working. I'm mixed, Caucasian and african-american.

Ok, so not even apply on my own via my EP, just wait two years after marriage?
You could probably apply either way in my opinion. But the probability of approval is higher if your wife applies for you.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3667
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:56 pm

diggs wrote:
Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:52 pm
smoulder wrote:
Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:45 pm
diggs wrote:
Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:41 pm
Hi all, curious what you recommend for me, whether to apply for PR via my EP, or via spouse? Or wait a bit?


Self
Age: 32
Race: Mixed
Nationality: German
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married
Education: Bachelors, law degree, masters of laws (US and UK)
Industry: Financial Services
Position: Lawyer
Annual basic: S$200K
Length in Singapore: 2 years
Married: Nov 2021
What's your spouse's status - SC or PR? Does she work? What are your races? And how long have you been married?

If your spouse is an SC and is working, then it's probably a good idea to apply via her after at least 2 years of marriage.
Spouse - SC, Chinese Singaporean, working. I'm mixed, Caucasian and african-american.

Ok, so not even apply on my own via my EP, just wait two years after marriage?
Applying via SC spouse is surely better than applying via EP.
Better to apply at least after 1 year of marriage or after you have a kid.

diggs
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 3:36 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by diggs » Mon, 29 Nov 2021 4:07 pm

Thank you both for the quick replies, much appreciated!

sengun
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 1:40 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sengun » Tue, 30 Nov 2021 1:52 am

I know I haven't been here for too long. My understanding is the process takes a while. I am thinking might as well take a shot now.

Myself
Age: 30
Race: Chinese
Nationality: American
Gender: male
Marital Status: single
Education: Ivy league (not the most selective ones)
Industry: FAANG
Position: software engineer (EP pass holder)
Annual base salary: S$230K
Total work experience: 8 years (at other FAANG companies)
Length in Singapore: almost 1 year

Lisafuller
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2030
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 2

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 30 Nov 2021 2:04 am

sengun wrote:
Tue, 30 Nov 2021 1:52 am
I know I haven't been here for too long. My understanding is the process takes a while. I am thinking might as well take a shot now.

Myself
Age: 30
Race: Chinese
Nationality: American
Gender: male
Marital Status: single
Education: Ivy league (not the most selective ones)
Industry: FAANG
Position: software engineer (EP pass holder)
Annual base salary: S$230K
Total work experience: 8 years (at other FAANG companies)
Length in Singapore: almost 1 year
No harm trying, but I would say this seems way too early that it might be a futile pursuit. Race quota and salary all good, education and job good as well, but unmarried and more importantly fairly new to Singapore.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests