Singapore Expats

GIIS

Discuss various International School options for your children here.
ashathaarya

GIIS

Post by ashathaarya » Sat, 09 Jan 2021 4:25 pm

Is anyone's child in GIIS? How's the school and the school fee?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: GIIS

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 15 Jan 2021 11:13 am

My neighbour is happy with them. Don know the fee. Ring school.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

magdalene3

Post by magdalene3 » Fri, 07 May 2021 10:29 am

It's bad. My friend pulled her kids out of the school and enrolled them in another because the prices are unjustifiably high. Heard they make you pay a lot more for the fancy campus but it doesn't add value to the kids' education. Weak curriculum and teaching staff too.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 09 Jun 2021 9:59 am

Aarti Kamath wrote:
Wed, 09 Jun 2021 9:54 am
My son studies in GIIS Singapore and to date, I am extremely satisfied with his progress and it's a well-equipped campus. The fee structure depends on the school and the curriculum. The fee structure for the academic year 2020-2021 will be effective from April 1st, 2020 to March 31st, 2021. The registration fee has to be paid only once while taking admission. A three-term academic year system is followed. Parents are required to pay the fees at the beginning of each term, three times a year. A much detailed fee structure of each curriculum can be found on the global Indian International School Singapore Website. Check it Out
First post and it is a recommendation from a non Singapore IP

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Jun 2021 4:02 pm

I've deleted over 100 of these posts from IN for GIIS. The only reason I left the initial post on this thread was because it was from a HK IP addy so I gave them the benefit of the doubt, knowing it would still give the spammers in IN & PK a breeding ground. I figured this way, it would also give locals real opinions and a place to vent. But aside from the initial HK post by ashathaarya who was actually asking for information rather than just trying to pump up the school, as has been noted, most are from IN or PK.

SF, while it's ashathaarya's first post, I let it stay because they were asking for a recommendation, not giving one. Big difference. ;-)

But personally, I also think it's a spammer but gave them the benefit of the doubt. If they post again, depending on that post will re-adjudicate the initial post.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 09 Jun 2021 4:23 pm

Thanks SMS

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 10 Jun 2021 1:32 am

To answer the original question, a couple of my colleagues have had and still have kids at Global Indian. They seem happy for the most part. Fees are incredibly affordable compared to other International Schools in SG (under $10K regardless of age).