Singapore Expats

Direct hire FDW with child from Singaporean

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
sxsw

Direct hire FDW with child from Singaporean

Post by sxsw » Wed, 06 Jan 2021 11:24 pm

I am in the market for an FDW and realize it’s very competitive. A FDW currently in Philippines was referred to me by a friend. She has worked in Singapore in the long past. The dilemma is she has a child with a Singaporean man born out of wedlock many years ago. She says the child was not conceived while she was employed here and she has not worked in Singapore since. The child is not a Singapore citizen. Will the MoM approve her application if she has a child with a Singaporean? Does she even have to disclose she has a child with a Singaporean?

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Direct hire FDW with child from Singaporean

Post by abbby » Thu, 07 Jan 2021 10:27 am

My concern is not the application but the behaviour of the domestic helper. Having a child with a Singaporean man..is something for you to ponder.

But anyway, getting a helper now is very difficult even through MOM, you can read thru some of the old threads that expats are facing some difficulties.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

sxsw

Post by sxsw » Thu, 07 Jan 2021 12:04 pm

Yes I agree, and I know she would carry on liaisons with said Singaporean while here on off days which I can accept so long as it doesn’t interfere with work. My question is more around the legality of this.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Thu, 07 Jan 2021 12:15 pm

Might be difficult to come over. I've applied for a helper once I found online and approved by MOM, and I informed the helper. A few days later, MOM came back and rejected the application stating the helper was involved in 'vice' activities (probably prostitution or something along that line). They do screen thoroughly on the history of the helpers.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)