Singapore Expats

Intermittent fasting

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
x9200

Re: Intermittent fasting

Post by x9200 » Thu, 29 Sep 2022 7:52 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 27 Sep 2022 8:57 pm
x9200 wrote:
Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 27 Sep 2022 1:58 am

Just $30? I’ve been pushing my dad to go in for a full physical but from what he’s told me it’ll cost mid 4 figures.
https://hop.sg/home-based-health-screening/
I am not affiliated with them anyway, but I used them before. The difference between 5 Series and 7 Series is in 3 extra cancer markers, but they also offered options to add separate markers for $30 each to any of such plans.
Got it. I’ll forward this to my dad, which reminds me I need to remind my mom to get screened for cervical cancer… never ends LOL
It's nothing fancy, but pretty effective and relatively inexpensive. I had the screening done in their outlet in the Palais Renaissance, Orchard; the old mall part, so the setting is like in all the old malls or small HDB neighborhood family clinics, but I didn't plan to live there so I found it ok :)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 29 Sep 2022 1:19 pm

x9200 wrote:
Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 28 Sep 2022 12:25 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:x9200 I also bookmarked that link as well. I don't like using government facilities. Not that they are not good....they are. But as a PR I may as well go to a private hospital/clinic cost wise. That looks reasonable and might be worth doing both of us. full whack is still less than a grand for 2. Bloody MRI as a PR is Still 900 out of pocket. (300 if citizen).
My dad is a PR, but the prices he’s quoted me are a little over 4 grand. Is this normal? He gets most of his physicals/procedures done at Mount E Novena.
Based on my experience ME is generally 1.5x-3 more expensive in anything comparing to the government facilities. This not guaranties unfortunately the quality (again, my experience) but pretty much guaranties more reasonable timing and availability of the appointments/treatment.

But 4k, I think it has to be some more than the markers. At least some procedures (colonoscopy etc) or some high-tech scans (MRI).
I’d told him to go in for a full physical, so prostate exam, blood tests, and I’m sure a couple other procedures.

And yes, the quality of experience at Mount E is insane. It’s like checking in to a hotel. The TVs are smart TVs, and the rooms all have a view. I guess that’s what you pay for, to stay in a hotel that doesn’t feel like a hotel.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 29 Sep 2022 1:21 pm

x9200 wrote:
Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 27 Sep 2022 8:57 pm
x9200 wrote: https://hop.sg/home-based-health-screening/
I am not affiliated with them anyway, but I used them before. The difference between 5 Series and 7 Series is in 3 extra cancer markers, but they also offered options to add separate markers for $30 each to any of such plans.
Got it. I’ll forward this to my dad, which reminds me I need to remind my mom to get screened for cervical cancer… never ends LOL
It's nothing fancy, but pretty effective and relatively inexpensive. I had the screening done in their outlet in the Palais Renaissance, Orchard; the old mall part, so the setting is like in all the old malls or small HDB neighborhood family clinics, but I didn't plan to live there so I found it ok :)
I don’t think that’s anything he’ll complain about, at the very least it’ll probably be a lot less crowded.

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”