Singapore Expats

Animal Craft Ideas

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Steam bath?

Post by abbby » Fri, 25 Dec 2020 4:11 pm

It should help you lose weight if you can perspire with a steam bath/sauna.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Sat, 26 Dec 2020 7:27 am

lonelylove765 wrote:hi all, as anybody know about steam bath? i heard that, its helps to reduce weight. is it true?.. tell me something about it?Advance thaks to all of you!
You’ll probably put most of the weight back on once you start drinking water again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 26 Dec 2020 4:06 pm

BBCDoc wrote:
Sat, 26 Dec 2020 7:27 am
lonelylove765 wrote:hi all, as anybody know about steam bath? i heard that, its helps to reduce weight. is it true?.. tell me something about it?Advance thaks to all of you!
You’ll probably put most of the weight back on once you start drinking water again...
Yeah, back when I was still in school, half a century or more ago, we used to run in the showers in the locker rooms with all the showesr running full on hot in order to lose a half to one lb before a match (Wrestling) in order to make weight. As I was the smallest & lightest of the team I wrestled in two weight classes but often had to drop a lb before the match in order to make the lighter weight class. And yes, as soon as you started drinking fluids you put it all back on. But hitting the scales before the match was all that counted.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 15 Jan 2021 2:00 pm

The weight that you lose during a steam bath is water weight. It is a technique mostly used by martial arts athletes to lose a large amount of weight temporarily and quickly, in order to qualify to compete in lower weight categories, offering them a competitive advantage. It is not advisable to try this, not just because of the temporary weight loss being water weight that will be gained back quicker than it was lost but also because of the discomfort that many experience while doing it. It dehydrates your body by causing you to sweat, causing headaches and thirst that cannot be quenched or it will reverse the weight loss. It’s best to only use saunas or steam baths for spa or wellness purposes rather than with weight loss being the goal in mind.