Singapore Expats

Health Insurance Advise - Moving to SG with local contract and dependant (spouse)

Discuss the different insurance options from car to health insurance.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Health Insurance Advise - Moving to SG with local contract and dependant (spouse)

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 28 Dec 2020 4:56 pm

Tom - SRS is the equivalent that Singapore offers EP holders and offers similar tax savings. Don't worry about any of that - get the job first.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Tomfox

Re: Health Insurance Advise - Moving to SG with local contract and dependant (spouse)

Post by Tomfox » Thu, 31 Dec 2020 7:28 pm

I have a degree in business informatics and worked 10+ years in the operational risk and compliance field within the financial services and banking sector. Lately I was building a team from the ground up and would say that automation and digitalisation of processes, mainly in risk and compliance, is my strong suit.

Given my academic background, I am refreshing my programming skills during the pandemic, coding neural networks with python, so I do possess technical skills As well.

I was hoping that this background will make it a bit easier?!

kim.crest

Post by kim.crest » Wed, 24 Feb 2021 6:16 pm

If you do eventually make it here, international health plans are really expensive compared to our shield plans, so you may want to reconsider getting a shield plan instead. Of course international health plans have their benefits but shield plans, upgraded to IP, should be sufficient for you in SG.