Singapore Expats

IPA extension

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
MohammedNiyaz

IPA extension

Post by MohammedNiyaz » Tue, 22 Dec 2020 6:46 pm

Hello All, Can employer request for an IPA extension , while employee already in Singapore. Problem here is employee not able to finish the notice period due to 3 months . And s pass IPA validity only upto two months .
Please advice . Many thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: IPA extension

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 Dec 2020 8:08 pm

If your are the employee it sounds like you tried to pull a fast one on the employer. I'd say it's going to get expensive as you will be required to give the employer one month's salary in lieu of notice not worked. Nobody's fault except yours from the sounds of it. Sounds like you are trying to game the system, but it's going to backfire.

On the other hand, if your are the employer/HR you should have advised the MD of the issue before giving the employee notice. If you are the employer, I think you will have to eat the unpaid/unworked notice if you accepted his resignation or already gave the employee his termination letter.

But approach ICA/MOM or both. Who knows, you might get lucky.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers