Singapore Expats Forum

I am REDUNDANT from 31 December. How do I STAY IN SINGAPORE longer than 30 days after EP expiry, for JOB SEARCH.

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

One World International School
malcontent
Chatter
Chatter

Re: I am REDUNDANT from 31 December. How do I STAY IN SINGAPORE longer than 30 days after EP expiry, for JOB SEARCH.

Post by malcontent » Thu, 24 Dec 2020 1:37 am

Good luck smiler!

Sometimes you never know. Like in my case, when I arrived here in 1996, they only gave 30 days for tourism. My gf at the time sponsored extensions (as required at that time). At first they only gave me a 2 week extension, we immediately appealed and asked for 30 days instead, which they approved after a brief interview. After that, we requested another extension and got another 30 days (it was supposed to be a maximum of 90 days). After that, we just tried again and surprisingly got another 30 days. Shortly after, I got some job offers and started EP processing, and there’s no problem extending your stay once you’ve got an EP application submitted.

emergency234

Re: I am REDUNDANT from 31 December. How do I STAY IN SINGAPORE longer than 30 days after EP expiry, for JOB SEARCH.

Post by emergency234 » Thu, 24 Dec 2020 9:45 am

smiler594 wrote:
Thu, 24 Dec 2020 12:40 am
4. Today i have gone back to doctor at NUH treating my pre-existing medical condition. I have an appointment letter for February and a note from doctor requiring me to attend and continue treatment. I can try this openly and honestly with ICA as grounds to extend STVP. If they say no, i will comply, like it or not. Its the appropriate way IMO.
That doctor's letter might not work .We do get a lot of requests from foreign patients asking for memos to ICA.If it's a run of the mill appointment , it's not likely to get a second look unfortunately.

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 24 Dec 2020 10:39 am

Medical exemptions are one of the few categories that are allowed for STVP passes. You might get it in.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!