Singapore Expats

Looking to form an experimental rock band (industrial/noise rock/post punk/post rock)

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
en.dorphins

Looking to form an experimental rock band (industrial/noise rock/post punk/post rock)

Post by en.dorphins » Fri, 18 Dec 2020 1:26 pm

Hey! I'm a beginner guitarist looking for people to jam with. Mainly in search of drummers/vocalists/bassists for a start, but would be more than happy to have other instrumentalists on board (keyboard/horns/zithers...you name it) - as long as you're someone really keen to discover genre-defying sounds.

I see myself drawing plenty of inspiration from dreadful post-rock, noise, and experimental bands/artists such as Swans, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Nurse With Wound, The Residents, Lydia Lunch, Machine Girl, and Merzbow. Yet at the same time, I listen to a variety of music - Sonic Youth, Talking Heads, Suicide, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Burzum, CAN, Sun Ra, and Molchat Doma, just to name some of them.

As mentioned, I'm still a beginner guitarist trying to wrap my head around music theory (while I do have a musical background playing the piano and orchestras in the past). That being said, however, I wish to play with a group of people who's more interested in free-form music (not so much of the technicalities) and would love to discover personal meaning and vision in it. If this goes well, I could also see this turning into some sort of art collective.

If you're keen, feel free to let me know in the DMs/comments below x

- Shea

Yeung

Re: Looking to form an experimental rock band (industrial/noise rock/post punk/post rock)

Post by Yeung » Sat, 13 Feb 2021 5:50 pm

interested