Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 10:56 am
My agency applied for my pass last October 13, 2020. My application was then rejected on November 27th and an appeal was submitted. During this time, I encountered personal issues which led me to asking the agency to cancel or withdraw my application.
The agency told me that I needed to pay a specific amount (I need to pay them amount they used to process my application, it's a very small amount) which is fine by me as I was the one who initiated the cancellation.
However they said they won't be writing MoM as the appeal result should come out soon. My question is as follows:
1. If the appeal pushes through and I get an IPA what will happen to my current pass? Will my current EP still be valid?
2. If the appeal pushes through and I get an IPA will I be able to still apply for a different job later on?
3. What happens to my current pass if the appeal still gets rejected? I assume I will still have my existing pass without any issues?
- Posts: 40279
- Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
- Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot
You current pass will remain valid until such time as it's surrendered for the issuance of the new pass. The IPA will expire after a certain length of time in any case. The validity of the IPA will be stated on the IPA itself.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers
- 8 Replies
- 6736 Views
Last post by PickN'Learn'
Thu, 20 Aug 2020 1:02 pm
- 2 Replies
- 3607 Views
Last post by Mad Scientist
Mon, 12 Aug 2019 12:27 pm
- 8 Replies
- 11574 Views
Last post by expatsocean
Mon, 19 Apr 2021 2:09 am
- 6 Replies
- 1565 Views
Last post by sundaymorningstaple
Mon, 22 Mar 2021 7:02 pm
- 16 Replies
- 16036 Views
Last post by malcontent
Wed, 26 Apr 2023 11:36 pm
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest