Singapore Expats

Dental Tourism in Bangkok, Thailand

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Dental Tourism in Bangkok, Thailand

Post by Myasis Dragon » Tue, 15 Dec 2020 1:38 am

I have been reading that, like Bumrungrad for medical tourism, there are many qualified dentists in Bangkok who can do root canals, crowns, veneers, and such at much less cost than in the USA ($2000 for a root canal, $1600 for a crown).

Has anyone had any experience with dental tourism in Thailand (or elsewhere) and be willing to share their experiences?

Thank you.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Re: Dental Tourism in Bangkok, Thailand

Post by malcontent » Tue, 15 Dec 2020 10:53 am

I’ve read plenty about this, not just from medical tourists, but expats in Thailand who swear by it. Bumrungrad is one of the famous places to go in Bangkok, though it’s not the cheapest or necessarily better. The Thai expat forums are the best place to do more research and get advice. You can definitely pay for the trip to Thailand with the savings, assuming you’ve got some major dental work to be done.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Re: Dental Tourism in Bangkok, Thailand

Post by TropicalExpat » Tue, 15 Dec 2020 8:07 pm

Relatives and friends of mine used the Bangkok Dental Hospital for all their more complex treatments. They say it's really good and cheap compared to Singapore