Singapore Expats

PR approval 2021 chances

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
renkai

Re: PR approval 2021 chances

Post by renkai » Thu, 18 Feb 2021 1:41 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the response. It is a bitter pill to swallow, but I guess I just need to try harder or do things differently to improve our chances.

theidealist

Post by theidealist » Sun, 21 Feb 2021 11:22 am

Hi,

My husband and I are planning to apply for PR for the first time. Can you please help assess our chances?

Me:
Race + Nationality: Indian
Education:
- MBA (IIM/India)
- Post Graduate Diploma (University of London)
- Currently pursuing a distance learning PhD at the University of Bath
Occupation: Senior Manager (in an international public health non-profit)
Salary: ~150K
Pass Type: Employment Pass (EP)
Living/working in Singapore: Since July 2017
Total years of work experience: ~13 years

Husband:
Education:
- BTech (IIT/India)
Salary: ~120K (plus some stake in the startup)
Pass Type: Dependent Pass with an LOC
Living/working in Singapore: Moved in July 2017/Started working here from May 2018
Total years of work experience: ~16 years

Edited to add: We've been married for 11 years; no children. We've recently filed for adoption of a child from India. We're also exploring the possibility of adopting from Singapore/Malaysia. This is actually our primary motivation for applying for PR - we think Singapore is a fantastic place to bring up children and would like to settle down here to raise our child(ren).

Thank you very much!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 21 Feb 2021 1:27 pm

theidealist wrote:
Sun, 21 Feb 2021 11:22 am
Hi,

My husband and I are planning to apply for PR for the first time. Can you please help assess our chances?

Me:
Education:
- MBA (IIM/India)

Husband:
Education:
- BTech (IIT/India)
Living/working in Singapore: Moved in July 2017/Started working here from May 2018

Edited to add: We've been married for 11 years; no children. We've recently filed for adoption of a child from India. We're also exploring the possibility of adopting from Singapore/Malaysia. This is actually our primary motivation for applying for PR - we think Singapore is a fantastic place to bring up children and would like to settle down here to raise our child(ren).

Thank you very much!
You can go ahead and apply. But dont keep hopes too high.

mhafizz

Post by mhafizz » Sun, 21 Feb 2021 2:09 pm

Hi,

Please evaluate my PR chances

Me
Race + Nationality: Malay Malaysian
Education:
- Malaysian private University Diploma
-Basic Salary: 107k annual + 50k bonus
working in Singapore: Since January 2020
Total years of work experience: 12 years

Wife
Education:
- Malaysia Degree holder
Living : Currently staying in Malaysia with Son and daughter.

Applying as a family unit with 6 years old daughter and 3 years old Son : currently all not on DP.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 21 Feb 2021 3:56 pm

Very slim until you have worked on your EP at least two full years and/or had three tax assessments. It still might be touch and go as you and your family show no inclination to be permanent residents as none of you are currently residing here nor showing any inclination to do so even though you are on an EP drawing a sufficient salary to have them here.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

awaks

Post by awaks » Mon, 08 Mar 2021 8:25 pm

Hi all

Need kind advise -

Profile -
Husband - 45 yrs on EP since Oct 2010, changed employer once, 2013- till date current employer)
Occupation - IT sales Deputy head in a local SME
Income - 110k + paid taxes regularly
Exp - 18 yrs +
Education - MBA (IT - India reputed uni, MTech IT - RMIT Australia)
In sg since 2010
Dependants - wife, 1 boy - 14 yrs (born in India. We came here when he was 4 yrs old
Daughter - 6+ yrs - born in sg

Son is in Sec 2, completed his PSLE with express stream result from local neighborhood school and currently in ACS INternational since fees was not a big difference. Plus IB was his goal. No local school alloted for daughter this yr. so we had to enrol her in an International School.

Myself (wife) - 41 yrs
Education - Masters of commerce, Post graduate diploma in Computer studies,
Occupation - SAHM, have workd with top banks on India before. No work exp on sg. Planned to resume work now since kids are independant.

We have apllied 5 times since 2012 almost every 2 yrs and got rejection each time without any particular reason. We are keen to stay here and already made it our home. We have rarely visited India since 2010 as such we have only my mother in law left in India. She visits us here whenever possibe.
Last applicqtion Aug 2019 / Rejection - April 2020
We cannot understand the chances of approval and all this uncertainity is too stressful.
Kindly guide us as what could be the issues in our application before we apply again. also is it advisable to CHANGE EMPLOYER for higher income prospects. Although the scenario is not safe now, thus my husband is reluctant. Also one can know with no insurance offered from Employer, paying intl school fees for kids, one can hardly think of high bank balances - if that could be an one of the issues
We have no debts anywhere in the world 😃
Thanks in advance

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 08 Mar 2021 8:34 pm

awaks wrote:
Mon, 08 Mar 2021 8:25 pm
Hi all

Need kind advise -

Profile -
Husband - 45 yrs on EP since Oct 2010, changed employer once, 2013- till date current employer)
Occupation - IT sales Deputy head in a local SME
Income - 110k + paid taxes regularly
Exp - 18 yrs +
Education - MBA (IT - India reputed uni, MTech IT - RMIT Australia)
In sg since 2010
Dependants - wife, 1 boy - 14 yrs (born in India. We came here when he was 4 yrs old
Daughter - 6+ yrs - born in sg

Son is in Sec 2, completed his PSLE with express stream result from local neighborhood school and currently in ACS INternational since fees was not a big difference. Plus IB was his goal. No local school alloted for daughter this yr. so we had to enrol her in an International School.

Myself (wife) - 41 yrs
Education - Masters of commerce, Post graduate diploma in Computer studies,
Occupation - SAHM, have workd with top banks on India before. No work exp on sg. Planned to resume work now since kids are independant.

We have apllied 5 times since 2012 almost every 2 yrs and got rejection each time without any particular reason. We are keen to stay here and already made it our home. We have rarely visited India since 2010 as such we have only my mother in law left in India. She visits us here whenever possibe.
Last applicqtion Aug 2019 / Rejection - April 2020
We cannot understand the chances of approval and all this uncertainity is too stressful.
Kindly guide us as what could be the issues in our application before we apply again. also is it advisable to CHANGE EMPLOYER for higher income prospects. Although the scenario is not safe now, thus my husband is reluctant. Also one can know with no insurance offered from Employer, paying intl school fees for kids, one can hardly think of high bank balances - if that could be an one of the issues
We have no debts anywhere in the world 😃
Thanks in advance
Chance is going to be low I would say

Ethnicity, Age, Salary on the lower side and kids not in local schools may be the reason i feel

awaks

Post by awaks » Mon, 08 Mar 2021 9:49 pm

Tha ks for your prompt reply.
Kids were always in local school since day 1 of schooling . Daughter was not allotted local school was a a trauma for ys as we knew local schooling sytem thoroughly. And since many of other got in.
Age - had been applying sonce 10 yrs . We were just early 30 ‘s then. Cannot have any transparent answer to this is what makes us feel uncertain. Kids are completely local with friends / culture n all.
The part remains us the income !

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 11 Mar 2021 2:23 pm

theidealist wrote:
Sun, 21 Feb 2021 11:22 am
Hi,

Me:
Education:
- MBA (IIM/India)

Husband:
Education:
- BTech (IIT/India)

Thank you very much!
You stand a pretty good chance so you should definitely apply. It helps that you are educated, and earn a decent salary, enough to sustain your lives here. It also helps that you’ve lived here for some time- it shows intention to settle here which is a plus.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 11 Mar 2021 2:26 pm

awaks wrote:
Mon, 08 Mar 2021 9:49 pm
Kids were always in local school since day 1 of schooling . Daughter was not allotted local school was a a trauma for ys as we knew local schooling sytem thoroughly. And since many of other got in.
Age - had been applying sonce 10 yrs . We were just early 30 ‘s then. Cannot have any transparent answer to this is what makes us feel uncertain. Kids are completely local with friends / culture n all.
In that case, it is probably the income that is the issue. It doesn’t help that the ICA doesn’t provide reasons when they reject applications, so the best you can do is make a guess. My guess is that your husbands salary is seen as being insufficient to sustain the whole family. Your chances will probably increase if you get a job and take in a salary as well. Best of luck.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 11 Mar 2021 2:29 pm

mhafizz wrote:
Sun, 21 Feb 2021 2:09 pm
Hi,

Please evaluate my PR chances

Me
Education:
- Malaysian private University Diploma
-Basic Salary: 107k annual + 50k bonus
working in Singapore: Since January 2020
Total years of work experience: 12 years

Wife
Education:
- Malaysia Degree holder
Living : Currently staying in Malaysia with Son and daughter.

Applying as a family unit with 6 years old daughter and 3 years old Son : currently all not on DP.
Unfortunately, I think your chances of success are very slim. You are not drawing a large enough salary to be able to support your wife and 2 children if you were to bring them here to stay with you; at the same time the fact that your family is not here with you probably hurts your case because it does not show intent to settle down here. Perhaps you can apply once you have been on EP for 2 or 3 years.

awaks

Post by awaks » Sat, 13 Mar 2021 11:17 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 11 Mar 2021 2:26 pm
awaks wrote:
In that case, it is probably the income that is the issue. It doesn’t help that the ICA doesn’t provide reasons when they reject applications, so the best you can do is make a guess. My guess is that your husbands salary is seen as being insufficient to sustain the whole family. Your chances will probably increase if you get a job and take in a salary as well. Best of luck.
Thanks Lisafuller
Yes. Understand your say ! We are also on the same lines but looking at the current climate it seems quite tough ! Hoping for the best !
Do you think, applying for my son alone ( since he is already 14yrs & passed his PSLE ) or him together with my husband might make the apllication any better ?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 15 Mar 2021 2:32 am

awaks wrote:
Sat, 13 Mar 2021 11:17 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
awaks wrote:
Thanks Lisafuller
Yes. Understand your say ! We are also on the same lines but looking at the current climate it seems quite tough ! Hoping for the best !
Do you think, applying for my son alone ( since he is already 14yrs & passed his PSLE ) or him together with my husband might make the apllication any better ?
Definitely include him in your application.

awaks

Post by awaks » Mon, 15 Mar 2021 10:21 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 15 Mar 2021 2:32 am
awaks wrote:
Sat, 13 Mar 2021 11:17 pm
Lisafuller wrote:

Thanks Lisafuller
Definitely include him in your application.
Thanks again @Lisafuller
We have always included our son in our application.
Was checking if an individual application for my son would have better prospects

think future

Post by think future » Sun, 04 Apr 2021 6:40 pm

Hi all , here is an update: My Application was rejected last week.
The rejected letter indicated: You may submit an application again if there is a change in your circumstances (from the information provided in this application) Please advise recently all the reject letter indicated the same information? Thanks all for your replies.