Singapore Expats

Upgrade to youtube/premium music or spotify?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
LouisaMilcah

Re: Upgrade to youtube/premium music or spotify?

Post by LouisaMilcah » Mon, 26 Jul 2021 3:11 pm

nuclear_explosion_atlas_2.jpg

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Mon, 26 Jul 2021 5:06 pm

LouisaMilcah wrote:
Mon, 26 Jul 2021 3:11 pm
Music is easy to find for free.
Not if you want to stream it on the go and don't want to keep your phone screen open throughout the time that you are listening to the music.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 28 Jul 2021 6:41 pm

smoulder wrote:
Mon, 26 Jul 2021 5:06 pm
LouisaMilcah wrote:
Not if you want to stream it on the go and don't want to keep your phone screen open throughout the time that you are listening to the music.
Exactly. The only way you can play it for free is to use YouTube or Spotify with ads. The first option requires you to have your phone open on the page the whole time, and the second is littered with annoying ads.

tiktok
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiktok » Wed, 28 Jul 2021 7:49 pm

LOBSTER07 wrote: I usin android hp.. Bt i feel youtube music premium is gd as it can see video wit no ads n oso youtube music if i am rite?
I'm sorry, your license to use the English language is hereby revoked, due to egregious misuse of its grammar and other features, thus causing distress and disgust to other users.
I not troll/wacko/spammer.
Me no expat. Me foreigner.

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Post by Myasis Dragon » Thu, 29 Jul 2021 12:13 am

tiktok wrote:
Wed, 28 Jul 2021 7:49 pm
LOBSTER07 wrote: I usin android hp.. Bt i feel youtube music premium is gd as it can see video wit no ads n oso youtube music if i am rite?
I'm sorry, your license to use the English language is hereby revoked, due to egregious misuse of its grammar and other features, thus causing distress and disgust to other users.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 29 Jul 2021 12:30 am

tiktok wrote:
Wed, 28 Jul 2021 7:49 pm
Hahaha

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Thu, 29 Jul 2021 1:35 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 28 Jul 2021 6:41 pm
smoulder wrote:
LouisaMilcah wrote:
Exactly. The only way you can play it for free is to use YouTube or Spotify with ads. The first option requires you to have your phone open on the page the whole time, and the second is littered with annoying ads.
I actually looked for 3rd party apps that can play YouTube videos with the phone screen switched off. I don't recall the names - I did find a few, but the experience was anything but seamless. Apart from that, you're essentially streaming a video vs streaming audio (Spotify). That's a lot of unnecessary data usage.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 29 Jul 2021 11:46 am

smoulder wrote:
Thu, 29 Jul 2021 1:35 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 28 Jul 2021 6:41 pm
smoulder wrote:

I actually looked for 3rd party apps that can play YouTube videos with the phone screen switched off. I don't recall the names - I did find a few, but the experience was anything but seamless. Apart from that, you're essentially streaming a video vs streaming audio (Spotify). That's a lot of unnecessary data usage.
Exactly. I know there are third party apps, but some require payment and those that don’t are difficult to use and ineffective. Using Spotify or Apple Music takes away the middleman.