Singapore Expats

2020 Tax filling status is still pending

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
siena71

2020 Tax filling status is still pending

Post by siena71 » Fri, 27 Nov 2020 3:31 pm

Hi all,

I have submitted Form B1 in May 2020, and until today the status is still showing as "Processing"! It's almost the end of 2020 and I still not yet pay my tax....

Wrote to IRAS a few months ago and they replied there is no additional documentation required from me. And I wrote to them again today.

Anyone else is facing the same situation?

Ps. I've been waiting for more than one year on my PR application. Suspect not yet paid 2020 tax might be a disadvantage for me.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: 2020 Tax filling status is still pending

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 28 Nov 2020 12:04 am

Go to the IRAS website at IRAS.gov.sg and proceed to the individual page. Then log in with your Singpass then go to the letters & notices tab. Once there scroll down for your documents on file there. If there is nothing there, I would suggest that you contact your employer to ensure that they sent the IR8As to the IRAS like they should have. If not, get a copy of the IR8A from them and proceed to the IRAS on Newton Road. They are very friendly and helpful there and will get you sorted out without too much problem. However, you might want to check and ensure if visits are allowed under the covid restrictions.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers