Singapore Expats Forum

finding cheaper airfares to HK

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

flying to HK

Postby flying to HK » Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:04 am

I am planning to go to HK for a weekend from singapore. Anyone knows where to find cheap airfares. Just realized there is no budget airlines flying from singapore. I thinking it is too expensive to spend 770 dollars for just 3 hours flight each way, do you ?

Postby Guest » Mon, 21 Mar 2005 6:18 pm

try CX or UA they have some good prices, but the seats are limited and it's not available on all flights. :?

junikaart

Postby junikaart » Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:09 am

take a walk down to chinatown/people'spark and ask the travel agents there. ticket to hongkong usually costs between 350-450 on cathay, garuda flights. atm with the natas fair u could probably get it for slightly lower

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Tue, 22 Mar 2005 6:53 am

Have you tried Jetstar? I think you can get a round trip ticket for less than $300 or there about.

Savage
Regular
Regular

Re: finding cheaper airfares to HK

Postby Savage » Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:18 am

flying to HK wrote: Just realized there is no budget airlines flying from singapore.

Last time I checked, both Valuair and JetStar Asia flew to HK.

http://www.valuair.com.sg/sinfares_hkg.html
http://www.jetstarasia.com

jpatokal

Re: finding cheaper airfares to HK

Postby jpatokal » Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:14 pm

flying to HK wrote:I am planning to go to HK for a weekend from singapore. Anyone knows where to find cheap airfares. Just realized there is no budget airlines flying from singapore. I thinking it is too expensive to spend 770 dollars for just 3 hours flight each way, do you ?

That's ludicrous, where'd you get that quote? Try eg. Zuji instead (they're advertising HK for $203 on the main page as I type), or Valuair/Jetstar as Savage said.