Singapore Expats Forum

Chances of getting a PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ryanchu

Chances of getting a PR

Post by ryanchu » Tue, 17 Nov 2020 5:02 pm

Hello,

I would like to seek to advise on the PR application.

Nationality: Malaysian
Race: Chinese
Highest Edu. Level: Degree in Engineering
Salary: 36k/ month
Marriage status: Single

What will be the chances for me to get a PR? Will it be slim?

therat
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Chances of getting a PR

Post by therat » Tue, 17 Nov 2020 5:34 pm

ryanchu wrote:
Tue, 17 Nov 2020 5:02 pm
Hello,

I would like to seek to advise on the PR application.

Nationality: Malaysian
Race: Chinese
Highest Edu. Level: Degree in Engineering
Salary: 36k/ month
Marriage status: Single

What will be the chances for me to get a PR? Will it be slim?

$100 to buy "toto" (application fee). See you will tio (PR) or not

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 1

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 Nov 2020 7:10 pm

27 y.o. male from Malaysia and your salary is 36K/mo? or is that supposed to be $3.6K/mo or $36K/year?

ryanchu

Post by ryanchu » Wed, 18 Nov 2020 3:04 pm

Paiseh... I mean 3k per month LOL

therat
Reporter
Reporter

Post by therat » Wed, 18 Nov 2020 3:14 pm

stay length in Singapore?

the observer
Chatter
Chatter

Post by the observer » Wed, 18 Nov 2020 3:33 pm

70/30 i’d say.
Education, age and race is a positive in your favor.
Salary is not high but I think it’s just a matter of crossing a threshold for Msians.

ryanchu

Post by ryanchu » Mon, 30 Nov 2020 2:17 pm

Thanks guys for the replies... Gam xia

Lately I have met this Singaporean uncle and had a talk with him. He mentioned that better to apply in January rather than in Dec 2020 and he did also mentioned that I have been working for only 6 months and better to work for a longer period of time before applying.

But I had my first job for 1 yr and 5 months and I have been staying SG for 2 years.

Should I apply in Dec or Jan? Does it affected my chances? Did the uncle saying the right thing?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 30 Nov 2020 3:41 pm

with processing times varying from 6 months (rare) to 24 months (rare) but mostly between 12 ~ 18 months, I reckon it doesn't matter that much as the impact to any demographic unspoken quotas will not be felt until such time as the application is actually approved rather than submitted. The fact that you have only been on the current job for 6 months is of little concern as I assume you have been working a total of two consecutive years in Singapore (albeit with two jobs). Work duration is okay at two years or more.

ryanchu

Post by ryanchu » Wed, 02 Dec 2020 11:38 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 30 Nov 2020 3:41 pm
with processing times varying from 6 months (rare) to 24 months (rare) but mostly between 12 ~ 18 months, I reckon it doesn't matter that much as the impact to any demographic unspoken quotas will not be felt until such time as the application is actually approved rather than submitted. The fact that you have only been on the current job for 6 months is of little concern as I assume you have been working a total of two consecutive years in Singapore (albeit with two jobs). Work duration is okay at two years or more.
Thanks sundaymorningstaple,

I have another question. Actually there is a gap in between my first and second job due to the pandemic situation. I was jobless for one month (in June 2020) which means it does not consider as being hired for two consecutive years right?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Dec 2020 12:10 pm

If you were still in Singapore during this period, yes, it can/will be considered as continuous. But if you haven't applied yet,wait until January or February (better yet). If you were here in Singapore, it shouldn't be a problem.

nkhant

Post by nkhant » Wed, 02 Dec 2020 12:55 pm

I did my 10th PR Application today with my daughter, leaving my wife out from this application.

Apart from getting older, leaving my wife out from the application is the only variable I can think of to make this application. A bit of my previous applications here: viewtopic.php?t=138093#p836004

Current Profile:
Me: Myanmar, 47 yo. In SG since 2007. Postgraduate Degree from NTU in 2010. Salary 8k/mo in Construction Industry. A bit of volunteering during CB.
My daughter: Myanmar, 16 yo. In SG since 2010. Next year O Leval at government school. Did a lot of volunteering.
My Wife (not in application this time): 41 yo. In SG since 2010. Bachelor Degree. Salary 1.2k/mo.

Hope you can can share what you think of about our chances.

Regards,
Nyein Khant

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 02 Dec 2020 1:33 pm

nkhant wrote:
Wed, 02 Dec 2020 12:55 pm
I did my 10th PR Application today with my daughter, leaving my wife out from this application.

Apart from getting older, leaving my wife out from the application is the only variable I can think of to make this application. A bit of my previous applications here: viewtopic.php?t=138093#p836004

Current Profile:
Me: Myanmar, 47 yo. In SG since 2007. Postgraduate Degree from NTU in 2010. Salary 8k/mo in Construction Industry. A bit of volunteering during CB.
My daughter: Myanmar, 16 yo. In SG since 2010. Next year O Leval at government school. Did a lot of volunteering.
My Wife (not in application this time): 41 yo. In SG since 2010. Bachelor Degree. Salary 1.2k/mo.

Hope you can can share what you think of about our chances.

Regards,
Nyein Khant
Chance is going to be low. Age will play a big factor in your case.