Singapore Expats

Can you get full school fee refund for advance payment if you need to relocate to other country?

Discuss various International School options for your children here.
banthita.suphacam

Can you get full school fee refund for advance payment if you need to relocate to other country?

Post by banthita.suphacam » Thu, 12 Nov 2020 3:43 pm

Hi,

I wonder as normally the school will ask for advance payment of school fee for the next semester i.e 2-3 months advance. If before the semester start and you have to relocate elsewhere with your children. Will the school provide a refund?

Many thanks,
B

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Can you get full school fee refund for advance payment if you need to relocate to other country?

Post by abbby » Sun, 22 Nov 2020 10:58 am

The school should be able to refund you should you plan to relocate. As I am sure they usually have a long waitlist of children wanting to enter the school. Have you managed to check with the school?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Can you get full school fee refund for advance payment if you need to relocate to other country?

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 22 Nov 2020 12:03 pm

I would not assume that Abby. Right now the schools are struggling financially and will use every trick in the book to avoid refunds.

OP - check the T&C of the contract. If your contract allows a refund following the conditions around it (normally advance notice needs to be given) and if the school refuses then take them to the SCT or CASE.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!