Singapore Expats

PR Chance 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Iehklad

Re: PR Chance 2020

Post by Iehklad » Mon, 21 Dec 2020 3:27 am

Just would like to update everyone. I applied in March and got my approval in the beginning of December. Happy days!

saisudhasg

Post by saisudhasg » Mon, 04 Jan 2021 6:26 pm

Iehklad wrote:
Mon, 21 Dec 2020 3:27 am
Just would like to update everyone. I applied in March and got my approval in the beginning of December. Happy days!
:D :D Congrats!!
I have also applied by the end of March - 26th Mar, still waiting for the results.
May I know your profile roughly so that I can assess my chance of getting my PR approval.

Thanks

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 04 Jan 2021 6:28 pm

saisudhasg wrote:
Mon, 04 Jan 2021 6:26 pm
Iehklad wrote:
I have also applied by the end of March - 26th Mar, still waiting for the results.
May I know your profile roughly so that I can assess my chance of getting my PR approval.

Thanks
Duplicate Post?

saisudhasg

Post by saisudhasg » Mon, 04 Jan 2021 6:33 pm

oh! sorry yes!! I will remove one if that's confusing.

Iehklad

Post by Iehklad » Sun, 10 Jan 2021 4:13 am

saisudhasg wrote:
Mon, 04 Jan 2021 6:26 pm
Iehklad wrote:

Thanks
Please scroll up in this thread.

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 9:57 am

the observer wrote:
Mon, 09 Nov 2020 4:37 pm
There's 3 keywords to take note of. Your income isn't the most important criteria.

"We therefore prioritise new immigrants with the ability to integrate well into our society, and who have expressed their commitment to sinking roots here.

Applicants who can make good economic contributions are certainly welcome, but that is not the sole criterion we consider."

https://www.strategygroup.gov.sg/media- ... ion-policy

"Ms Indranee said citizenship and PR status are offered selectively to applicants who are committed to making Singapore their home, and who can integrate and contribute to Singapore."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ ... years-says

Nice post and great information.
But how can someone show how they are integrating with the majority population in singapore without an interview?
All my friends are Chinese either Singaporean or Malaysian, my gf is a Malaysian Chinese, I have not made a single Indian friend here in Singapore last 8-9 years or I rarely meet any Indian people because of my profession which not related to IT.
So I wonder how they can tell how a non Chinese person is integrating without an interview and just based on a few documents that you submit? Would be interesting to know.

the observer
Reporter
Reporter

Post by the observer » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:19 am

Integration could be marrying a local.
Commitment could be a 35 year mortgage

lol

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:28 am

the observer wrote:
Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:19 am
Don't think this may be right. Anyone can sell the property and close the loan immediately. So I dont think this will count as commitment

simple_guy
Regular
Regular

Post by simple_guy » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 12:33 pm

Sometimes I see weird suggestions here, like marrying local, having kids early (within 1st -2nd year of marriage) and that’s too for getting just PR which is very uncertain. I wonder who are going to do this only for the purpose of getting PR.

the observer
Reporter
Reporter

Post by the observer » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 1:20 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:28 am
the observer wrote:
Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:19 am
Don't think this may be right. Anyone can sell the property and close the loan immediately. So I dont think this will count as commitment

Most importantly, do you know people who were waiting for approvals and then got theirs after buying a home? I do.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ ... w-boon-wan

But more important than the hardware is the heartware, and home ownership "gives Singaporeans a tangible stake in our country, financial security, and a critical sense of belonging," said Mr Khaw.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 1:48 pm

simple_guy wrote:
Wed, 14 Apr 2021 12:33 pm
Sometimes I see weird suggestions here, like marrying local, having kids early (within 1st -2nd year of marriage) and that’s too for getting just PR which is very uncertain. I wonder who are going to do this only for the purpose of getting PR.
I don't know about the 1st part, I got married in 83 had first child in 84, 2nd in 89. Didn't apply for PR until 1988 (was rejected and appeal rejected). Went back offshore to the O&G sector. In 94 I changed jobs deliberately. I took a 60% cut in pay, took up a new profession only so I could work in Singapore instead of just living here. I was given PR the following year. So yeah, I changed just to get PR. By this time my wife & kids were starting to worry (all SGCs) as then never knew if their father was going to be allowed to come home. I lived in Singapore for 11 years on a Social Visit Pass. So you can say I changed my whole life to get PR. :shit:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 2:18 pm

simple_guy wrote:

Agree. There is no point in getting married just for PR with the rate of divorce almost 40-50% that is mostly initiated by women.
I think the whole idea of marrying a local and getting kids is to increase the younger population or something.
Now, its more like a lottery like someone said here with the 2500 odd PR that they give to Indians.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 3:10 pm

simple_guy wrote:
Don’t be surprised but there will be people who will do anything for an immigration pass.

But man, if it were that easy, all foreign spouses with or without kids will get a PR by now.

Some people cannot seem to understand that marriage to a SC or having a SC kid(s) has never been a guarantee to get a PR.

Then there were cases of sham marriages and those rotten bad eggs make it difficult for genuine SC-NR couples to really make SG their home.

the observer
Reporter
Reporter

Post by the observer » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 5:47 pm

simple_guy wrote:
Hopefully nobody misconstrued what I typed as a recommendation to marry a citizen.

I’d be extra careful. Getting pawned by the woman’s charter is no joke.

simple_guy
Regular
Regular

Post by simple_guy » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 8:35 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 14 Apr 2021 1:48 pm
simple_guy wrote:
I don't know about the 1st part, I got married in 83 had first child in 84, 2nd in 89. Didn't apply for PR until 1988 (was rejected and appeal rejected). Went back offshore to the O&G sector. In 94 I changed jobs deliberately. I took a 60% cut in pay, took up a new profession only so I could work in Singapore instead of just living here. I was given PR the following year. So yeah, I changed just to get PR. By this time my wife & kids were starting to worry (all SGCs) as then never knew if their father was going to be allowed to come home. I lived in Singapore for 11 years on a Social Visit Pass. So you can say I changed my whole life to get PR. :shit:
Thanks, Mr. SMS for sharing the experience. What I see/get is you changed the job profile to get the PR (which had the reasons) but you did not marry and had the kids for getting the PR.