Singapore Expats

Spouse Visa / Salary Query

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Castello

Re: Spouse Visa / Salary Query

Post by Castello » Thu, 10 Dec 2020 4:02 am

PNGMK wrote:
Mon, 16 Nov 2020 9:02 am
Castello wrote:
Mon, 16 Nov 2020 12:43 am
Thanks again for the above, this is reassuring. I appreciate that everybody's spending habits are different but it is helpful to know that it seems like we could get by until I found a job.

Re. the dental registration - that has caused some difficulty in the past. Another role fell through because of registration issues that were out of our control.

Re. networking - Do you have any tips? I've been talking to everyone that we know who has worked there or has friends/family that have.
1. Dentist Registration looks straight forward as per the link I sent (assuming your wife has the quals).

2. LinkedIn mate. That's the only way to move forward at present. Also any professional societies you may be a member of, the Freemasons (I assume you've done your degree and they are a big network here for your end of high street) and churches etc. Don't discount professional societies - I'm a member of a small one here for engineers and we routinely get requests in for "Do you know a dogsbody for a great job in Timbuktoo for a Million pesos a year?" type thing....

3. Costs. We are in a weird deflationary cycle here because of the pandemic, while wages are not going up and employment is creeping up costs (esp rent) are actually going down. It's a good time to move and secure a long term residential lease.
Thanks this is really helpful.