Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval chance in 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
pavithran
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 7:14 pm

PR approval chance in 2021

Post by pavithran » Wed, 04 Nov 2020 7:26 pm

Hi everyone! I plan to apply for PR on January 2021. I have been working in Singapore for more than four years in same company as a Senior Software Engineer and would like to try my chance. I do not have any family tie here.

Age : 28
Race : Indian
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Single
Religion : Hindu
Education : Bachelor of Engineering
Length of stay : 4 Years
No of tax return : 4 tax returns.
Profession : Senior Software Engineer
Total IT experience: 6.5 years (4 years in Singapore + 2.5 years in India)
Salary : Basic 55k+ ; Gross 61k (Including Allowance)
Pass : S Pass

I am going to apply PR for the first time in Singapore, I would be really grateful for any suggestions, help or guidance

the observer
Regular
Regular
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2021

Post by the observer » Wed, 04 Nov 2020 8:31 pm

pavithran wrote:
Wed, 04 Nov 2020 7:26 pm
Hi everyone! I plan to apply for PR on January 2021. I have been working in Singapore for more than four years in same company as a Senior Software Engineer and would like to try my chance. I do not have any family tie here.

Age : 28
Race : Indian
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Single
Religion : Hindu
Education : Bachelor of Engineering
Length of stay : 4 Years
No of tax return : 4 tax returns.
Profession : Senior Software Engineer
Total IT experience: 6.5 years (4 years in Singapore + 2.5 years in India)
Salary : Basic 55k+ ; Gross 61k (Including Allowance)
Pass : S Pass

I am going to apply PR for the first time in Singapore, I would be really grateful for any suggestions, help or guidance

Pretty self explanatory per below. Are you the kind that can integrate?

Mrs Josephine Teo (for the Prime Minister):
"We therefore prioritise new immigrants with the ability to integrate well into our society, and who have expressed their commitment to sinking roots here."

https://www.strategygroup.gov.sg/media- ... ion-policy

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 287
Joined: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 11:21 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: PR approval chance in 2021

Post by BBCDoc » Wed, 04 Nov 2020 8:56 pm

Not too convincing due to background/ethnicity and marital status.

How much charitable donation have you done per year? What’s your average?

What’s your local integration plan for marriage and children?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

lot286
Regular
Regular
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 12:56 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2021

Post by lot286 » Wed, 04 Nov 2020 9:32 pm

0%

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2021

Post by TropicalExpat » Thu, 05 Nov 2020 8:37 am

pavithran wrote:
Wed, 04 Nov 2020 7:26 pm
Hi everyone! I plan to apply for PR on January 2021. I have been working in Singapore for more than four years in same company as a Senior Software Engineer and would like to try my chance. I do not have any family tie here.

Age : 28
Race : Indian
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Single
Religion : Hindu
Education : Bachelor of Engineering
Length of stay : 4 Years
No of tax return : 4 tax returns.
Profession : Senior Software Engineer
Total IT experience: 6.5 years (4 years in Singapore + 2.5 years in India)
Salary : Basic 55k+ ; Gross 61k (Including Allowance)
Pass : S Pass

I am going to apply PR for the first time in Singapore, I would be really grateful for any suggestions, help or guidance
You need to look at this from the lens of your ethnic group. That's how you will be bucketed.

How do you compare with your ethnic group. Basic salary is quite low 5k per month
Bachelor degree does not stand out versus many of your peers
You work in a job and industry where we have many locals who can do the job.

I would say your chances are very low and would suggest you save the application fee. However, feel free to apply and I wish you all the best.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37445
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Nov 2020 11:14 am

^^^^This.

david85
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 9:46 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2021

Post by david85 » Thu, 05 Nov 2020 12:27 pm

pavithran wrote:
Wed, 04 Nov 2020 7:26 pm
Hi everyone! I plan to apply for PR on January 2021. I have been working in Singapore for more than four years in same company as a Senior Software Engineer and would like to try my chance. I do not have any family tie here.

Age : 28
Race : Indian
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Single
Religion : Hindu
Education : Bachelor of Engineering
Length of stay : 4 Years
No of tax return : 4 tax returns.
Profession : Senior Software Engineer
Total IT experience: 6.5 years (4 years in Singapore + 2.5 years in India)
Salary : Basic 55k+ ; Gross 61k (Including Allowance)
Pass : S Pass

I am going to apply PR for the first time in Singapore, I would be really grateful for any suggestions, help or guidance
Race is still the key factor here. That decides which bucket you are in. Since you can't change your race, you have to improve other aspects such as economics contribution, education and integration. Get married to a local and produce SC children.

pavithran
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 7:14 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2021

Post by pavithran » Thu, 05 Nov 2020 6:57 pm

BBCDoc wrote:
Wed, 04 Nov 2020 8:56 pm
Not too convincing due to background/ethnicity and marital status.

How much charitable donation have you done per year? What’s your average?

What’s your local integration plan for marriage and children?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for your response
I am doing recurring donation to charity by monthly average per year is $480.
So far I don't plan about marriage. But I will bring my family here once married

pavithran
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 7:14 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2021

Post by pavithran » Thu, 05 Nov 2020 7:01 pm

david85 wrote:
Thu, 05 Nov 2020 12:27 pm
pavithran wrote:
Wed, 04 Nov 2020 7:26 pm
Hi everyone! I plan to apply for PR on January 2021. I have been working in Singapore for more than four years in same company as a Senior Software Engineer and would like to try my chance. I do not have any family tie here.

Age : 28
Race : Indian
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Single
Religion : Hindu
Education : Bachelor of Engineering
Length of stay : 4 Years
No of tax return : 4 tax returns.
Profession : Senior Software Engineer
Total IT experience: 6.5 years (4 years in Singapore + 2.5 years in India)
Salary : Basic 55k+ ; Gross 61k (Including Allowance)
Pass : S Pass

I am going to apply PR for the first time in Singapore, I would be really grateful for any suggestions, help or guidance
Race is still the key factor here. That decides which bucket you are in. Since you can't change your race, you have to improve other aspects such as economics contribution, education and integration. Get married to a local and produce SC children.
Thank you for your valuable suggestion. I will work on your points which is possible

pavithran
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 7:14 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2021

Post by pavithran » Thu, 05 Nov 2020 7:05 pm

TropicalExpat wrote:
Thu, 05 Nov 2020 8:37 am
pavithran wrote:
Wed, 04 Nov 2020 7:26 pm
Hi everyone! I plan to apply for PR on January 2021. I have been working in Singapore for more than four years in same company as a Senior Software Engineer and would like to try my chance. I do not have any family tie here.

Age : 28
Race : Indian
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Single
Religion : Hindu
Education : Bachelor of Engineering
Length of stay : 4 Years
No of tax return : 4 tax returns.
Profession : Senior Software Engineer
Total IT experience: 6.5 years (4 years in Singapore + 2.5 years in India)
Salary : Basic 55k+ ; Gross 61k (Including Allowance)
Pass : S Pass

I am going to apply PR for the first time in Singapore, I would be really grateful for any suggestions, help or guidance
You need to look at this from the lens of your ethnic group. That's how you will be bucketed.

How do you compare with your ethnic group. Basic salary is quite low 5k per month
Bachelor degree does not stand out versus many of your peers
You work in a job and industry where we have many locals who can do the job.

I would say your chances are very low and would suggest you save the application fee. However, feel free to apply and I wish you all the best.
Thank you :)

pavithran
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 7:14 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2021

Post by pavithran » Thu, 05 Nov 2020 7:29 pm

the observer wrote:
Wed, 04 Nov 2020 8:31 pm
pavithran wrote:
Wed, 04 Nov 2020 7:26 pm
Hi everyone! I plan to apply for PR on January 2021. I have been working in Singapore for more than four years in same company as a Senior Software Engineer and would like to try my chance. I do not have any family tie here.

Age : 28
Race : Indian
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Single
Religion : Hindu
Education : Bachelor of Engineering
Length of stay : 4 Years
No of tax return : 4 tax returns.
Profession : Senior Software Engineer
Total IT experience: 6.5 years (4 years in Singapore + 2.5 years in India)
Salary : Basic 55k+ ; Gross 61k (Including Allowance)
Pass : S Pass

I am going to apply PR for the first time in Singapore, I would be really grateful for any suggestions, help or guidance

Pretty self explanatory per below. Are you the kind that can integrate?

Mrs Josephine Teo (for the Prime Minister):
"We therefore prioritise new immigrants with the ability to integrate well into our society, and who have expressed their commitment to sinking roots here."

https://www.strategygroup.gov.sg/media- ... ion-policy
Than you for sharing this article. For your question I am doing my part for social contribution, volunteering for charity and making donations to support them. My two uncles them family are PR but I am not sure weather I can show them for my family ties here.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: PR approval chance in 2021

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 05 Nov 2020 7:36 pm

pavithran wrote:
Thu, 05 Nov 2020 6:57 pm
BBCDoc wrote:
Wed, 04 Nov 2020 8:56 pm
Not too convincing due to background/ethnicity and marital status.

How much charitable donation have you done per year? What’s your average?

What’s your local integration plan for marriage and children?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for your response
I am doing recurring donation to charity by monthly average per year is $480.
So far I don't plan about marriage. But I will bring my family here once married
^ For the sake of Vishnu please don't disclose this in your application or interview. That rules you out completely. Having two uncles here may help but it could hinder if they are not integrated into Singapore.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

therat
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 699
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 2:23 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2021

Post by therat » Thu, 05 Nov 2020 7:47 pm

pavithran wrote:
BBCDoc wrote:
Wed, 04 Nov 2020 8:56 pm
Not too convincing due to background/ethnicity and marital status.

How much charitable donation have you done per year? What’s your average?

What’s your local integration plan for marriage and children?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for your response
I am doing recurring donation to charity by monthly average per year is $480.
So far I don't plan about marriage. But I will bring my family here once married
This is the thing which the government not favour.
Instead of integrated to the local community. They bring in their whole village.

What the local always say
Bring in 1 Indian. They will bring in 1 whole village

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk


the observer
Regular
Regular
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2021

Post by the observer » Thu, 05 Nov 2020 9:30 pm

Let me dumb it down for you. Integration is becoming one of us.

You can start by learning Mandarin and Malay and start talking in Hokkien with kopitiam uncles like SMS. And slowly expanding your circle of friends to those whom are not the from the same Indian diaspora like you.

If you think giving a few hundred bucks to charity would get you your PR, there would have been far more approvals to date.

Think of it as trying to win social acceptance.
Fwiw, msian folks integrate the easiest, mainly due to similarities in the language (dialects and malay) and culture.

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:12 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2021

Post by jamie9vardy » Thu, 05 Nov 2020 9:54 pm

Speak at least 3 of the 4 official languages or best you speak all then! And the de facto national dialect of Hokkien would surely help.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gon0411 and 7 guests