Singapore Expats Forum

Canadian Embassy / Migration to Canada

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:33 pm

Oh, really? :evil:

Well, won't be my problem for much longer :twisted:

eh+lah wrote:did you read about toronto's gun wars? gun violence in toronto's getting from bad to worse.
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Re: no news?

Postby riversandlakes » Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:35 pm

Bie, what's the problem? Canadian PR application forms are very cleared detailed with guidelines. Exactly which forms you need if you have dependents, exact payment to make to which bank, etc.

Rima Thapa wrote:hmm Still no news huh? No agencies contact and how the hell am i going to do it myself.. Help la HELp la!!

Bie

sundaymorningstaple

Re: no news?

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:09 pm

riversandlakes wrote:Bie, what's the problem? Canadian PR application forms are very cleared detailed with guidelines. Exactly which forms you need if you have dependents, exact payment to make to which bank, etc.

Rima Thapa wrote:hmm Still no news huh? No agencies contact and how the hell am i going to do it myself.. Help la HELp la!!

Bie

Maybe that's a good reason not to help or give her contacts. Not sure that's the kind of immigrants Canada is looking for. :???:

boomerang

Postby boomerang » Sat, 31 Dec 2005 3:57 am

Out of curiosity, for those who have expressed desire to migrate to Canada, what is your motivation behind picking Canada as the country of choice?

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:32 pm

It is my utmost humble opinion that any First World is definitely better than a Third-World that does not appreciate ME. My homeland is interested ONLY in my ancestral line, NOT in me :sad:
Like all the disenchanted youths of the world, I complained, but I also acted in defiance. I left.
My beloved nation still doesn't care about its brain drain...

Besides, Canada is a big country with insufficient headcounts :P:twisted:

bammie2908

Postby bammie2908 » Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:03 am

riversandlakes wrote:My application is going into the 3rd year running. Still "In Progress" since July 2003. I think that's amazing in itself, considering I scored about 76?
I applied on my own, spending only on the application fee, and nothing else. Absolutely no need for consultants.

It's for the best I think. My perceptions on where I see myself in 5-10 years are evolving further and further away from Toronto. One day it might just snap clean :twisted:

Hi hi,
hope u stiill around to answer my post & hope u are in canada by now. I am in the midst of applying for immigration to Canada as a federal skilled worker. is it true that it takes 3 yrs before application status is out?

Is there a faster way?

eh+lah

Postby eh+lah » Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:32 am

[quote="bammie2908"][quote="riversandlakes"]My application is going into the 3rd year running. Still "In Progress" since July 2003. I think that's amazing in itself, considering I scored about 76?
I applied on my own, spending only on the application fee, and nothing else. Absolutely no need for consultants.

It's for the best I think. My perceptions on where I see myself in 5-10 years are evolving further and further away from Toronto. One day it might just snap clean :twisted:[/quote]

Hi hi,
hope u stiill around to answer my post & hope u are in canada by now. I am in the midst of applying for immigration to Canada as a federal skilled worker. is it true that it takes 3 yrs before application status is out?

Is there a faster way?[/quote]

well there might be, apply from a different area. but limited to people living in a location other than their country of origin. i.e. if you are in canada atm and you want to apply for residence, your nearest embassy will be buffalo, NY.

apart from that you're required to apply through the canadian consulate at your country of origin

Charlatan
Regular
Regular

Postby Charlatan » Sun, 16 Jul 2006 9:55 pm

eh+lah wrote:did you read about toronto's gun wars? gun violence in toronto's getting from bad to worse.

I currently live in Toronto. I can assure you that while there is gun related activity it is hardly a "gun war".

I have never seen a gun in Toronto (other than on a police officer's hip) or heard a gun shot.

It may not be as safe a Singapore, but few places are.